Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 Anticipation|Hype Thread #comiccon Edition With Wukong And Stuff

DofD

First, excuse me for my rough words but, you need to chill the fk out and understand that chinese warframe is completely independent of our warframe, same game, different publishers, and all the stuff they might add in the future depends on DE if bring it to our warframe or not, they can even make a fking ordis prime and that has nothing todo with us 

Just want to say the thought of Ordis Prime in his glitchless and deep sexy Cephalon voice sounds amazing.

Umbra Excalibur and UEP will look nearly !!!!!exactly the same!!!!!
The Prime variant MIGHT!!!! have a bit more gold finish (the stuff everybody hates and wants to recolor it!!!)
Need to add that to the first post

We dont really know what  "nearly" same is exactly, for example excalibur and its prime version to many are nearly same with only difference is a lttile more gold on it...

Well me and lot of people DO like to have  gold on our prime frames

First, excuse me for my rough words but, you need to chill the fk out and understand that chinese warframe is completely independent of our warframe, same game, different publishers, and all the stuff they might add in the future depends on DE if bring it to our warframe or not, they can even make a fking ordis prime and that has nothing todo with us 

I am actually pretty calm about this, I am just talking, and well since its our warframe is so independent from theirs why we cant get umbra prime at later date ? its not like it will affect their game, hell Rebecca even told us that its exactly what will happen, so it looked like even she believe that nothing is in the way of this happening.

Console version is running the same game as it is on PC(albeit delayed patch release) and has the same publisher(which is DE).

This is the reasons consoles didn't get a chance at founders and were "compensated" with platform exclusives instead.

Console warframe in China is run by PW and PC version is run by Changyou, both of them can have founders stuff, because they are not DE(who already had founders once, you can't have founders twice from the same company)

Well DE isnt exactly famous for keeping their word, like the fact that they promised before that primes will have EXACTLY same stats as non-prime versions, which theyr very quickly broken,

The fact that they are thinking about adding normal umbra version of excalibur is already kinda breaking the promise with founders(even though I DO want normal umbra of excalibur) since in the past when non-founders asked for another variation of excalibur(so they could feel like they had something similar to prime version) DE said it wouldnt happen since it would be like they were using loophole to bypass promise with founders.

We dont really know what  "nearly" same is exactly, for example excalibur and its prime version to many are nearly same with only difference is a lttile more gold on it...

Well me and lot of people DO like to have  gold on our prime frames

I am actually pretty calm about this, I am just talking, and well since its our warframe is so independent from theirs why we cant get umbra prime at later date ? its not like it will affect their game, hell Rebecca even told us that its exactly what will happen, so it looked like even she believe that nothing is in the way of this happening.

Well DE isnt exactly famous for keeping their word, like the fact that they promised before that primes will have EXACTLY same stats as non-prime versions, which theyr very quickly broken,

The fact that they are thinking about adding normal umbra version of excalibur is already kinda breaking the promise with founders(even though I DO want normal umbra of excalibur) since in the past when non-founders asked for another variation of excalibur(so they could feel like they had something similar to prime version) DE said it wouldnt happen since it would be like they were using loophole to bypass promise with founders.

again. we won't get theirs cause they won't get ours. it's as simple as that. Rebecca wasn't even sure herself. the thread was locked until DE rebecca could get some clarification on new questions posed. Umbra excal isn't breaking their word with founders. it's just another variation of excal like proto and prisma. if EUP were released globally THEN that would kinda be slapping founders in the face. also i want you to quote that statement. i only remember them saying that primes would be special versions of the vanilla frame. never read or heard them say that primes are carbon copies to the T

Edited by LordOfScrugging

again. we won't get theirs cause they won't get ours. it's as simple as that. Rebecca wasn't even sure herself. the thread was locked until DE rebecca could get some clarification on new questions posed. Umbra excal isn't breaking their word with founders. it's just another variation of excal like proto and prisma. if EUP were released globally THEN that would kinda be slapping founders in the face. also i want you to quote that statement. i only remember them saying that primes would be special versions of the vanilla frame. never read or heard them say that primes are carbon copies to the T

Proto and prisma are skins not variations  that give mastery and have changed stats, people asked DE for YEARS(since excalibur prime was added to game) to add new variation of excalibur to game but DE said no.

I really REALLY want normal umbra to be added as variation of excalibur instead of skin but technicaly it IS breaking the promise.

Something different now: Is it confirmed starmap update and sentients will be added in U18 ? I am asking because few devstreams ago they said both of those things will be in U17.5.

Edited by Culaio

if you are replying to me then you need to readjust your eyes loremaster. been reading into the lore a bit too much. if not then carry on.

It was just said in general. Carrying on.

but it IS Excalibur Prime  variation, this opens up pandora box for people to ask for another excalibur prime variation that would be available to everyone so they could farm for it.

This is Excalibur UMBRA Prime. It's a whole 'nother animal that we're no going to get.

Excalibur Umbra? Yeah, we'll get that. But NOT this Umbra Prime, that's for China Warframe only, and it will stay for them only. Your precious Excalibur Prime isn't going to be touched.

And even if it opens the Pandora Box, DE can simply say "No". And that's the end of that. It'll be equivalent of a one-man mob throwing tomatoes at the riot police - NOTHING about this will affect you.

This is Excalibur UMBRA Prime. It's a whole 'nother animal that we're no going to get.

Excalibur Umbra? Yeah, we'll get that. But NOT this Umbra Prime, that's for China Warframe only, and it will stay for them only. Your precious Excalibur Prime isn't going to be touched.

And even if it opens the Pandora Box, DE can simply say "No". And that's the end of that. It'll be equivalent of a one-man mob throwing tomatoes at the riot police - NOTHING about this will affect you.

Excalibur umbra itself is a variation of excalibur, and the thing is that DE already said "No" to any variation of excalibur, when people asked for variation of excalibur.

Also saying that its primed version of excalibur variation so its fine is not excuse because if thats fine then people will ask for variation of excalibur and after that prime version of that variation and many founders wouldnt be fine with it, hell people now could ask for primed version of proto or prisma skin for excalibur.

Excalibur umbra itself is a variation of excalibur, and the thing is that DE already said "No" to any variation of excalibur, when people asked for variation of excalibur.

Also saying that its primed version of excalibur variation so its fine is not excuse because if thats fine then people will ask for variation of excalibur and after that prime version of that variation and many founders wouldnt be fine with it, hell people now could ask for primed version of proto or prisma skin for excalibur.

They ALSO haven't said that they don't know if the Umbra will be a new frame or a skin. I'm hoping it'll be a skin myself, but at this moment we don't know.

The fact remains: Umbra Prime WILL NOT be coming to us. And even if Umbra Excalibur IS a whole new frame Founders will be able to get it as well. Founders have lost NOTHING, and NO ONE else has gotten what the Founders paid for - Excalibur Prime. Isn't that what you're really saying here?

I'm not sure about that since DeRebecca said it'd be a very limited series, but I also know she didn't have all the Info...

True. I'm hoping it's just a series of skins rather than a new frame, but we'll see when it gets here.

Edited by Morec0

was saying that cause i literally said the same thing you did, right above you ._. also you really might need to get your eyes checked......the dude you are arguing against isn't a founder at all so saying "your excal prime" is kinda pointless

was saying that cause i literally said the same thing you did, right above you ._. also you really might need to get your eyes checked......the dude you are arguing against isn't a founder at all so saying "your excal prime" is kinda pointless

Eh, assumed. Editing more recent statements.

Eh, assumed. Editing more recent statements.

you know what they say about assuming. also my take on the matter of EP vs EUP is it will end really ugly, given that EUP is statistically superior to EP. we saw how bad it got on the road to the excal rework with non founders bashing founders for a slight buff. now i can see some asking for a matching buff to be equal with our equivalent. whatever the result, it's gonna be bad

you know what they say about assuming. also my take on the matter of EP vs EUP is it will end really ugly, given that EUP is statistically superior to EP. we saw how bad it got on the road to the excal rework with non founders bashing founders for a slight buff. now i can see some asking for a matching buff to be equal with our equivalent. whatever the result, it's gonna be bad

To me, complaining about EUP being statistically Superior is like complaining that the PC port version of a Halo 4 weapon had a bit of a number change. The PC and Xbox versions will never meet, so why does it matter to the Xbox players?

Replace PC with China and Xbox with everyone else...

Personally, and as a NON-Founder, mind you, I don't see any issue with Excalibur Prime being somewhat statistically more powerful. It fits with the lore and look of all our other Primes, and though not everyone will be able to access it that's just sort of the nature of some promotions. EVERY modern game's had their "pre-order to get this new weapon" kind of thing, this is just another symptom of that. I may not agree with it, but it's ONE THING out of a otherwise MASSIVE game. As long as Excalibur Prime's not an unstoppable god of a frame, it doesn't matter - he's just another gameplay element.

I'm a bit sad I can never have a TRULY complete Warframe collection, but I realize that's a matter of my own self-interest NOT a gamebreaking deal - as I feel a lot of the "we want Excalibur Prime!" and now "DE don't make Umbra Prime!" people are trying to frame it as.

They ALSO haven't said that they don't know if the Umbra will be a new frame or a skin. I'm hoping it'll be a skin myself, but at this moment we don't know.

The fact remains: Umbra Prime WILL NOT be coming to us. And even if Umbra Excalibur IS a whole new frame Founders will be able to get it as well. Founders have lost NOTHING, and NO ONE else has gotten what the Founders paid for - Excalibur Prime. Isn't that what you're really saying here?

Yeah I know that but the thing is that DE already put itself in pretty bad situation  that they cant resolve without pissing of many people, I personaly hope it IS variation not skin. 

Problem is that excalibur umbra prime is stronger then excalibur prime and even though it doesnt directly affect us, founders DO have right to be angry about it since game wouldnt exist without founders which means that without founders support even chinese people wouldnt play it, so founders do have right to ask for buff of excalibur prime which in return will create problem because DE promised there wouldnt be big difference between prime and non-prime versions of frame so they would have to either create stronger variation of excalibur or buff normal excalibur.

so fundamentaly making excalibur umbra prime stronger then excalibur prime was BIG mistake.

Edited by Culaio

Yeah I know that but the thing is that DE already put itself in pretty bad situation  that they cant resolve without pissing of many people, I personaly hope it IS variation not skin. 

Problem is that excalibur umbra prime is stronger then excalibur prime and even though it doesnt directly affect us, founders DO have right to be angry about it since game wouldnt exist without founders which means that without founders support even chinese people wouldnt play it, so founders do have right to ask for buff of excalibur prime which in return will create problem because DE promised there wouldnt be big difference between prime and non-prime versions of frame so they would have to either create stronger variation of excalibur or buff normal excalibur.

so fundamentaly making excalibur umbra prime stronger then excalibur prime was BIG mistake.

See my above analogy about a hypothetical difference in weapon damages in a hypothetical Halo 4 port.

All in all, any complaints made about differences in the unconnected-to-ours China Warframe just REEK of entitlement and generally *ssholery to me. People looking for something to complain about when they don't have any real reason to.

Yes, the Founders helped make this game a reality, and they got what they paid for with it. Excalibur Prime is STILL not available to non-Founders, and life has gone on uninterrupted. The people publishing China Warframe wanted a promotion to get people to spend money on the game at launch, and so DE made this.

I kinda like the idea of Founders getting, like, a unique them-only Syandana and armor set as well, given those things have been added to the game at a time when they weren't available for the Founder pack, but that's all a moot point. All in all, NOTHING has been lost AT ALL.

Edited by Morec0

Yeah I know that but the thing is that DE already put itself in pretty bad situation that they cant resolve without pissing of many people, I personaly hope it IS variation not skin.

how do they have a right to be angry? They basically paid for a $50 skin with some mastery attached. They paid for a unique looking frame not an upgrade. They can ask for buffs but have no good reason to be angry, they got what they paid for.

I'm hoping for a series if frames. So they'll hopefully be upgrade and have mr. I especially want to see Umbra Primes.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279