Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 Anticipation|Hype Thread #comiccon Edition With Wukong And Stuff

DofD

That's it! you said it! universally better. there is no reason for that aside from "screw the global build" they've got the (debatably) better looking frame that is exclusive to them yet there was no reason to add the energy. it's not EUP > excal. it's EUP > EP > Excal when it should be EUP = EP > Excal

Only they DON'T HAVE EP. And WE DON'T have EUP.

It's pointless! There's no point in comparing the two! And there's no point in lamenting over what we don't have.

And there IS a reason to add the energy: it's a MARKETING GIMMICK. If DE released, say, Excalibur Alpha for us and it had UNIVERSALLY better stats than regular Excalibur some people would LEAP to buy it. Why? Because it has better stats and people want those better stats. THAT'S what the Chinese publishers and banking on here.

THAT'S IT! It's a trick to get people to buy! Enticing them with more bang for their buck!

I just... I DON'T understand why that's SUCH a big issue.

Edited by Morec0

Only they DON'T HAVE EP. And WE DON'T have EUP.

It's pointless! There's no point in comparing the two! And there's no point in lamenting over what we don't have.

And there IS a reason to add the energy: it's a MARKETING GIMMICK. If DE released, say, Excalibur Alpha for us and it had UNIVERSALLY better stats than regular Excalibur some people would LEAP to buy it. Why? Because it has better stats and people want those better stats. THAT'S what the Chinese publishers and banking on here.

THAT'S IT! It's a trick to get people to buy! Enticing them with more bang for their buck!

I just... I DON'T understand why that's SUCH a big issue.

Is it such hard thing to understand that people dont want to feel inferior to others ?

its like game come out on PC and console and one version was simply superior, its normal that group that has inferior version would be angry and disappointed

Edited by Culaio

Is it such hard thing to understand that people dont want to feel inferior to others ?

its like game come out on PC and console and one version had was simply better, its normal that group that has inferior version would be angry and disappointed

No, I get that... But... it's a damn video game!

Heck, it's not even a FULL video game: it's ONE element of a game! So we can't even use your example of "oh, the Xbox framerate" was better or anything! It's like I said earlier: if one weapon in Halo 4 was more powerful in the PC port. EUP is just tiny part of it that's already fairly outmoded because of the mod system.

I get min-maxing is a thing people do... but, guys, come on, even YOU have to see getting butthurt over this is a BIT of a kneejerk reaction, right?

I am COMPLETELY of the mind the Excalibur Prime should get buffed to where he's like how all current Primes have been to their regular counterparts, but this... This is just making controversy for no reason. They have what they have. We have what we have. We'll be getting a taste of what they have whenever Excalibur Umbra comes to us... It's just... Inconsequential.

Edited by Morec0

Heck, it's not even a FULL video game: it's ONE element of a game! So we can't even use your example of "oh, the Xbox framerate" was better or anything! It's like I said earlier: if one weapon in Halo 4 was more powerful in the PC port. EUP is just tiny part of it that's already fairly outmoded because of the mod system.

I get min-maxing is a thing people do... but, guys, come on, even YOU have to see getting butthurt over this is a BIT of a kneejerk reaction, right?

I am COMPLETELY of the mind the Excalibur Prime should get buffed to where he's like how all current Primes have been to their regular counterparts, but this... This is just making controversy for no reason. They have what they have. We have what we have. We'll be getting a taste of what they have whenever Excalibur Umbra comes to us... It's just... Inconsequential.

The thing is every person is different and will have different views about different things what for you maybe something small for others it may be something very important, many people do care about small details.

this whole issue would go away if de realized exclusive content is just a stupid thing in the first place, nobody wants to be on the side of not being able to have what someone else i allowed to have. 

this whole issue would go away if de realized exclusive content is just a stupid thing in the first place, nobody wants to be on the side of not being able to have what someone else i allowed to have. 

Not DE's fault, though. The Chinese Pubs want exclusives, they gotta make them if they want in on the Chinese market. That's the sad reality of the matter.

Not DE's fault, though. The Chinese Pubs want exclusives, they gotta make them if they want in on the Chinese market. That's the sad reality of the matter.

Problem would be much smaller if EUP was equal to EP, people do care about equality.

So will there be Umbra Primes?

There is an Umbra Prime for Excal but according to this, Steve confirmed it to be exclusive to China warframe, so there won't be Umbra Primes in our warframe. That is what I take from the information given.

What a silly way to do a big reveal like that, considering it wasn't streamed or anything... And there won't be another devstream until the end of the month.

Well update is exciting. Pretty disappointed bout the Umbra thing tho.

Because Steve is drunk :P

Isn't that a bit too soon for U18 ?

Too soon

6E1hyRb.jpg

U17 was extremely ambitious update, but it took a large hit on the content due to the massive improvements to the gameplay. I will just sit back here and wait for 18, rather than hyping myself.

Sadly, the Chinese pubs likely don't.

As I said, to them it's a marketing gimmick.

And this is where problem starts, well DE can technically buff EP later but this will come with non-founders  also asking for buff for normal excalibur.

Is it confirmed that starmap and sentients will come in U18 ? DE promised them before in U17.5 or around that.

There is an Umbra Prime for Excal but according to this, Steve confirmed it to be exclusive to China warframe, so there won't be Umbra Primes in our warframe. That is what I take from the information given.

So this could mean that umbra prime is lore breaking and that umbra is still Orokin made. yesssssss!!!!

on a side not potato knishes

is it really that important to the chinese market to have exclusives though? like will their playerbase honestly all quit because they don't have a superior version of a single frame we have for all of time?

on a side note for everyone else though, if de knows this about the umbra situation why have we yet to get a thread just explaining it all.  

And this is where problem starts, well DE can technically buff EP later but this will come with non-founders  also asking for buff for normal excalibur.

Is it confirmed that starmap and sentients will come in U18 ? DE promised them before in U17.5 or around that.

No clue to the latter.

As to the former: I've said my piece on that.

is it really that important to the chinese market to have exclusives though? like will their playerbase honestly all quit because they don't have a superior version of a single frame we have for all of time?

on a side note for everyone else though, if de knows this about the umbra situation why have we yet to get a thread just explaining it all.  

To the Chinese Pubs, I'd say so. When DE was talking about it they said the Publisher wanted something to help sell the release, so DE came up with the Umbra Prime.

As to the latter: probs 'cause it's the weekend and no ones getting paid to do so.

So this could mean that umbra prime is lore breaking and that umbra is still Orokin made. yesssssss!!!!on a side not potato knishes

I'm guessing your still hoping Excal Umbra will be basically the same as the Prime with death orb interaction based on "still Orokin made", it's still very early to assume that since if you read what was posted, DE are still deciding whether it will be a frame or a skin. Also I highly doubt it will have that same stats and bonuses as Excal Prime if it was made as a frame, more likely would be a variation of normal Excal.

Edited by NovusNova

As a founder I have no problem at all with the new Umbra Prime they have, and the just plain Umbra Coming along.

Wasn't a promise breaker by DE and another cool, dangly bit version for the rest o' the world to have is pretty cool. I look forward to it. Skin or not.

Probably would have been ten times more miffed by it if they released that 'founders'-esque pack over here. But that's a whole new 'game' pretty much.

Anyway, ON TO THE SUBJECT OF THIS TOPIC:

Dang son. We're going to find out what's inside Warframes? HYPE THRUSTERS? This is a pretty big deal.

Also Sentients being tailored for end game makes me happy. Looking forward to all of this for sure.