The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Need More Love - Player Ideas For Corpus Events, Weps, Cosmetics, Etc.

MapleTyger

Recently it seems we haven't recieved any big updates to the Corpus faction at all. Sure there were a few enemy units added and Nef Anyo got updated, but the Bursas aren't even released and look at all the love the grineer are getting. New tileset, new weps, they even have a cape that's their own freaking banner! I'm hoping that if Nef Anyo's design change is anything like Tyl Regor's, big updates will be following it, but nevertheless they aren't here and that's what this topic is all about!

I know I for one want a corpus energy cape. That would be sick. No question. Literally an energy cape with the corpus insignia in the middle. Is a picture even needed?

What about weapons? Personally, I'd love to see some sort of light cluster bomb, sort of like a flashbang launcher that shoots light grenades that REALLY temporarily stuns enemies (The name MAGNA seems fun to me :P)

What about an energy axe of some kind as well? The last heavy weapon (Great blades and hammers) that was anything reminiscent of the corpus was the Gram, and well. It's the Gram.

And an event. Oh boy, an event. What with the Sentients and all that jazz, I figured it might be interesting to see the Corpus catch wind of the tomb being discovered and being furious. Afterall, they worship the Orokin as gods, so it's safe to assume they hate the Sentients with a passion. It'd be awesome to see them attempt to either permanetly close the tomb (emphasis on ATTEMPT) to end the threat for good, but of course what they're attempting could either A. Let the Sentients loose prematurely and/or B. Cause war with the Grineer, which would create the premise of the event: Stop the Corpus in same manner or another, like sabotage machines they've designed (maybe submersibles for underwater archwintg action). Perhaps they're testing them on Europa since there's ocean theorized to be under all that ice? Who knows. I'm just throwing ideas out there!

I for one am curious to see what other ideas people have for Corpus, especially in the weapons and cosmetics department. These guys are just getting the low end these days!

I did make a very small topic about a Corpus Weapon wishlist a long time ago:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/413946-krions-corpus-weapon-wishlist/

And then, I've been conceptualizing an idea for a Warframe/Archwing hybrid tileset owned mostly by the Corpus on a new 'world', which would be Ganymede, as the real life Ganymede supposedly has a massive ocean underground that has layers of ice spread throughout it. The surface would be covered in ice sand, volcanic rocks, and red moss, and occasional the tileset would lead you into underground bases with access to this ocean, with Corpus water enemies.

An enemy type for this region would be the 'Crane', which would be a towering, almost Moa-like robot which would have a variety of siege weapons and would patrol the surface tiles.

For any tileset, two new enemy types could be the 'Peacock' and 'Phoenix'.

The Peacock would be a smaller, Moa-sized robot which would often be placed in support roles. Much like the real world animal, the Peacock would splay out its 'feathers' which would have varying effect, with one perhaps generating an impenetrable, single direction shield, or a more offensive one would have a series of charging beams that would focus into an Opticor-like weapon.

The Phoenix would be a flying enemy, and would come to replace the Oxium Osprey. It would also drop Oxium, however its offensive power would be increased. In addition to more damage, all variants of the Phoenix would have a backup system so that, even if they are destroyed, they can be 'reborn' into a new Phoenix, unless the Tenno fighting it manage to locate its reconstruction 'Egg'. The two variation of the Phoenix would be the Firestorm Phoenix, which would deal fire damage and have the ability to generate rings of fire, and the Blizzard Phoenix, which could deal cold damage and have the ability to generate snow-globes.

Both of these variants may also have a Rhino Charge-like ability that is not like the kamikaze ability of the existing Oxium Osprey.

Just some ideas I've had about expanding the Corpus, however DE probably has their own plans.

You owe me a new keyboard with that comment. Water everywhere ahhaa. 

Sometimes the servers hiccups and boom, threadception. I have removed the duplicates :) 

Lol, it's been happening a lot today, IP.Board's got some 'splainin' to do.

so it's safe to assume they hate the Sentients with a passion

I dunno, no more so than they'd hate the Tenno, less so if anything. And mostly they just seem to like the prospect of exploiting tenno with general other indifference.

I would love to see the corpus trying to exploit all that stuff though.

And yeah more Corpus stuff in general, they're my favorite faction and they haven't really gotten anything in years basically. Not to mention most Corpus places give Gallium/Morphics which is trash rarity... but that's neither here nor there.

More corpus pls.

Good ideas. I too long for the Corpus to get proper attention. And snipers. Seriously.

Here is a link to my Clergy-concept.

Religious nutters as they are deserve a subfaction of zelots.

Link:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/235214-corpus-concept-the-clergy-updated-14-05-28/

This is a suggested light and agile sniper without all that heavy hardware.

corpus_sniper_by_gaber111-d8gac4b.png

Engineer.

corpus_engineer_clr01_by_gaber111-d7pnr0

Reworked crewman.sniper-helmet

corpus_sniper_fanlook1_by_gaber111-d6ij7

Corpus Inquisitor

sculptris_inquisitor_wip_by_gaber111-d6l

Corpus Templar

sculptris_corpus_templar_wip_by_gaber111

Good ideas. I too long for the Corpus to get proper attention. And snipers. Seriously.

Here is a link to my Clergy-concept.

Religious nutters as they are deserve a subfaction of zelots.

Link:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/235214-corpus-concept-the-clergy-updated-14-05-28/

This is a suggested light and agile sniper without all that heavy hardware.

corpus_sniper_by_gaber111-d8gac4b.png

Engineer.

corpus_engineer_clr01_by_gaber111-d7pnr0

Those two are so cool. I like the Engineer, but definitely want the sniper. Also, he should have some parkour abilities.