Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absorb Spam In Annihilation

Aggh

It's way to easy to just spam absorb with the augment and get piles of kills in annihilation.  Part of it is that so many people don't seem to understand they need to get some distance from Nyx, but it's also just really easy to drop in the middle of a fight and absorb enough accidental hits to kill people.

Not entirely sure what can be done since it's sort of situational thing like how bullet attractor is really OP in CTF.

Edited by Aggh

On the other hand, you can't hit good players with Absorb at all. Playing Nyx pretty much relies on the enemies being stupid.

In a full annihilation room it doesn't matter how good the players are.  You will regularly get chances to drop in on large fights and pull people in because of parkour 2.0.  On some of the larger maps it's not a huge issue, but it's still a little too effective over all.

I feel other aoe abilities are far more threatening than absorb. They're easier to set up and damage pays out quicker when done properly, where Nyx has to have augment, or at least get attacked in short range to guarantee a kill.

Generally no matter what warframe your up against you should always factor in a strategy on how to approach not just killing them but avoiding whatever abilities or weapons they throw your way. If your not sure how much energy they have then try not to stay in their damage range. If you know someone is mostly wiping the floor with their abilities, then at least try to juke or fake them out when you know they're going to approach you with warframe power only shenanigans.

:D

Sorry, the problem is with player's hands, not with absorb. If you are not attacking the sphere - then you'll get only a small amount of damage as well as knockdown. 

For example, I got hit (hit, not killed) by absorb, like, only 10 times out of 50. And only 1-2 times out of these 10 times I got killed (usually because I ran into the room with active absorb not knowing there is an absorb, while some genius keeps on attacking the sphere).

As you said, because of parkour 2.0 you "pull people in", but it is also the key to succesfully avoid the absorb sphere. 

Edited by ngrazer

They give her survivability through mind control and absorb changes cuz of the 50 armor value, which is justified and i dont really think that absorb is OP, is a needed tool for a squishy frame to defend against melee users, other than that is a bit situational and depends on the map.

took them long enough to discover nyx and how ridiculously low is the strategic skill in this game`s players, i can tell that the thing is based on the insanity of repetition for the same bad results, if that thing gets nerfed that would be like saying that the players will never learn to not shoot into an absorb

i said it before, absorb is the most powerful skill in the game, but teamplay and strategy is in diapers, that is why the thing still relies on the worst players in the match, once that stage is cleared if that ever happens absorb will be used as a team pumped time bomb for baits

hopefully as more people plays nyx there will be a reason to learn more about the game and raise the level overall, also try gaining some momentum and absorbing, i believe i can fly, escaping has never been so easy

ah, and the augment works each 3 seconds, starting after the first 3 seconds, that thing is merely a warning for noobs, everyone else is out of range before the first proc

Edited by rockscl

took them long enough to discover nyx and how ridiculously low is the strategic skill in this game`s players, i can tell that the thing is based on the insanity of repetition for the same bad results, if that thing gets nerfed that would be like saying that the players will never learn to not shoot into an absorb

i said it before, absorb is the most powerful skill in the game, but teamplay and strategy is in diapers, that is why the thing still relies on the worst players in the match, once that stage is cleared if that ever happens absorb will be used as a team pumped time bomb for baits

hopefully as more people plays nyx there will be a reason to learn more about the game and raise the level overall, also try gaining some momentum and absorbing, i believe i can fly, escaping has never been so easy

ah, and the augment works each 3 seconds, starting after the first 3 seconds, that thing is merely a warning for noobs, everyone else is out of range before the first proc

Anyone actually reading the title?  I'm talking about its effectiveness in free for all / annihilation.  There is no team play in free for all.  The problem is that when you drop down in on a lot of people (and 4+ man fights are very common in ffa) you barely even have to keep it up for all that long.  And if any of them are in the middle of a melee animation when you drop in you're pretty much guaranteed to pull them into range mid bullet jump as they try to escape.  You will almost immediately be able to absorb enough damage to kill a lot of people.  It really has nothing to do with other players skill and more to do with how effective the ability is because of the larger number of enemy players (and the fact that they are all fighting each other) in ffa. 

:D

Sorry, the problem is with player's hands, not with absorb. If you are not attacking the sphere - then you'll get only a small amount of damage as well as knockdown. 

For example, I got hit (hit, not killed) by absorb, like, only 10 times out of 50. And only 1-2 times out of these 10 times I got killed (usually because I ran into the room with active absorb not knowing there is an absorb, while some genius keeps on attacking the sphere).

As you said, because of parkour 2.0 you "pull people in", but it is also the key to succesfully avoid the absorb sphere. 

This is not an issue in ffa.  There will always be large fights that break out where you'll be able to catch a lot of people off guard.  You only need a few accidental hits from people  when you're jumping in on a fight where 4+ people are all shooting and swinging at each other.

Edited by Aggh

The problem is that when you drop down in on a lot of people (and 4+ man fights are very common in ffa) you barely even have to keep it up for all that long.  And if any of them are in the middle of a melee animation when you drop in you're pretty much guaranteed to pull them into range mid bullet jump as they try to escape. 

the pull happens 3 seconds after casting the thing, thats how it worked the last time i actually tested if the pull happened on cast or not, did they change it?, i dont know, its not listed as a change at least, also, the absorb doesnt consume damage until it is fully casted, so you will not catch an on going melee attack because theres not any attack that is that slow

You will almost immediately be able to absorb enough damage to kill a lot of people. 

you dont absorb immediatly, have you tried using it? i have, several times, the thing absorbs with a delay, releasing it early deals like 25 damage even if you are in the middle of a bullet storm, anything that is happening as you press 4 doesnt add to absorb until like 1/4  or half second later, you are invulnerable however

It really has nothing to do with other players skill and more to do with how effective the ability is because of the larger number of enemy players (and the fact that they are all fighting each other) in ffa. 

if you ask me, absorb didnt need a buff, nyx didnt need any of the buffs that she received, but still i see a lot of responsibility in how the players fall for the same trick over and over again, getting 2 - 3 kills with less than 50 energy is a trick that only nyx can make so consistently, but after the second time falling in the thing that you describe, its the players fault, if they know that the nyx is waiting for them to get togheter, they should just stop doing that

Edited by rockscl

the pull happens 3 seconds after casting the thing, thats how it worked the last time i actually tested if the pull happened on cast or not, also, the absorb doesnt consume damage until it is fully casted, so you will not catch an on going melee attack because theres not any attack that is that slow

you dont absorb immediatly, have you tried using it? i have, several times, the thing absorbs with a delay, releasing it early deals like 25 damage even if you are in the middle of a bullet storm, anything that is happening as you press 4 doesnt add to absorb until like 1/4  or half second later, you are invulnerable however

if you ask me, absorb didnt need a buff, nyx didnt need any of the buffs that she received, but still i see a lot of responsibility in how the players fall for the same trick over and over again, getting 2 - 3 kills with less than 50 energy is a trick that only nyx can make so consistently, but after the second time falling in the thing that you describe, its the players fault

Nyx absolutely needed the recent buffs, prior U17 there was 0 reason to pick Nyx, it was a suicide with the lowest amount of armor and no reward from her skills.

Both, mind control and absorb are easily avoided by good players, specially mind control (you only need to run away), absorb only works with the augment and even with it its easily avoided if you are not a melee player.

There are other frames who can kill you more easily, Excalibur slash dash is one example.

People are mistaken here OP with usefull, same thing happened to kulstar and Valkyr paralysis which both are now useless.

I agree, even if i bullet jump into the opposite direction at the moment a nyx uses absorb, i still get hit by its knockdown radius. I never play DM because it's a mess but if it's bothersome in TDM i can only imagine how bad it is in DM.

Igo makes a good point, casts like these deserve cooldowns, Imagine having almost infinite blink strike in destiny?

Now I have said before that for the most part, in the current energy state (spammy) the powers are in a good place. But that does not mean they are perfect, I feel the stun heavy casts deserve a cooldown.

If they're going to nerf Absorb in any way they really need to remove the aftercast delay. When you release the absorb blast you are "stunned" for 1-2 seconds more and anyone far enough to not get affected by the blast will be able to kill you easily.