Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Psa: Covert Lethality + Exalted Blade Changes

[DE]Megan

What happened to this? I thought it was supposed to ship this week? 

Has DE listened to reason, and decided to not nerf EB, now that the only truly OP thing about it has been removed? 

EDIT: Nevermind. It would seem that they stealth-nerfed it. It's just as irrational as we all feared. Not only have they taken away the procs from it, but theyve taken away the damage too, leaving players with nothing but a dead mod slot. Since the build I had for my cleavers used the aug, rather than life strike, I got my arse kicked in a T4S. Back to essentially carrying around a pair of wall-hangers, I guess. 

Edited by KyoBladezen

What happened to this? I thought it was supposed to ship this week? 

Has DE listened to reason, and decided to not nerf EB, now that the only truly OP thing about it has been removed? 

EDIT: Nevermind. It would seem that they stealth-nerfed it. It's just as irrational as we all feared. Not only have they taken away the procs from it, but theyve taken away the damage too, leaving players with nothing but a dead mod slot. Since the build I had for my cleavers used the aug, rather than life strike, I got my arse kicked in a T4S. Back to essentially carrying around a pair of wall-hangers, I guess. 

LMAO. What? XD

Care to read the patch notes? https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/514266-update-172/

Edited by Sci_Ant

Is there a list of mods that work with Exalted Blade yet?  The wiki entry, confusing as it is, only states two mod and no others.

From this topic, the series of fixes and changes from patch notes of various hotfixes and my own testing I would say that all mods work as they were supposed to except for Covert Lethality and all the Syndicate Augments for melee.

Elemental Mods and Pressure Point increase the damage on blade waves.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Je ne voie pas l'utilité d'un mods qui ne sert que pour les coup de grace en mode furtive.

Pour moi  un coup de grace en furtive devrais tuer la cible  peut importe le niveau ( pas les boss )   de base  avec ou sans mods *

L'action d'un simple coup de grace en furtive et tellement lent ......

Pourquoi ne pas faire un mods spéciale auto-kill pour les coup de grace, avec les dague en furtive à la place .... cela me parait un peut plus utile  :)

From this topic, the series of fixes and changes from patch notes of various hotfixes and my own testing I would say that all mods work as they were supposed to except for Covert Lethality and all the Syndicate Augments for melee.

Thanks for the info! :D

I believe Glaive mods still do not work:

Whirlwind, Rebound, Quick-Return, Power Throw

(Entropy Flight would have been covered as Syndicate Mod*)

I had a long few paragraphs typed out and decide to consolidate. I play this game because I think you DE employees did an amazing job, that's what "makes" me play this game. Regardless of your intentions and what "you" want "me" to play with in the game, I play it how and with what "I" want. The fact that you guys have given me that ability when so many other companies take it away because "it wasn't their intention" is what keeps me playing, that and the constant innovation. When this company starts saying things like "it wasn't our intention," I start to worry that what targeted my interest in the first place was not your intention. I'll leave you with this: Please, if you intend to remove content that was fully intended for us to use, don't use such phrases as "it was not our intention." I mean absolutely no disrespect by this but, there was a bungie game that had those words thrown over it and I ended up hating it so much that I snapped the disk. Please don't throw away your fan base who think you're the best game maker today. Before you remove, please do what you're so good at and try to innovate. I do understand that not everyone can be pleased and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Much love to all DE staff

Okay here are the obvious things:

1. Covert Lethality was BLATANTLY OP

I mean, come on.. HOW DID THIS EVEN BECOME AN IDEA. As soon as Rebecca showed it in the devstream, the chills of automatic nerf immediately went down my spine. Anything with a chance of insta kill is a bad idea.

2. Exalted Blade + Syndicate Augments

As mentioned by a few others, I thought this effect was intended as well. I mean, it only made sense, "Exalted Blade is buffed by your melee weapon." Buffed as in carrying over mods? Including syndicate augs? Wow, that is soo unique.

3. The Augments

LIKE WHO ACTUALLY USES THOSE WEAPONS. Okay I get prisma skana and dual cleavers are pretty tight themselves, but..

Dark Dagger?? Really, it's only shining moment was when covert lethailty and blight affected Exalted Blade but that is literally END OF STORY. The glowing butter knife is garbage.

Jaw Sword. ... ... do i really need to explain that no one used the jaw sword even when it's aug couldve effected Exalted Blade?

Bottom line is:

-Exalted Blade+Aug Mods is NOT OVERPOWERED. It was only a fad/ short lived burst of excitement due to an awesome combination that lasted like two weeks. Period.

I would also like to point out that this combination created a sudden interest to all the melee augment mods in general. Testing out the different syndicate effects to see if they work well with the Exalted Blade.

The most common example, Bright Purity. Healing as long as you're getting kills/points is a great synergy for long-run game modes such as survival or defense.

Some may argue that it made Excalibur unkillable. lol no. Sure it made him HARDER to kill, but not invincible like a Valkyr..  

Combining with Dark Dagger or Mire(lol) Blight effects; regening energy as long as your getting kills/points sounded really cool. I've never personally tested it out myself but I was working toward it until the revamped Excalibur fad died down.

Now, there really isn't any incentive to use those melee weapons with their Syndicate augment mods anymore, besides the prismas (only because they're slightly better than the originals).

I mean really, now it's back to the Scindo Prime and Galatine meta because really.. why use anything else.

Oh yeah, mastery xp.

-Exalted Blade+Covert Lethality, however, is COMPLETELY BROKEN. As I mentioned before, though it did bring the Dark Dagger out of uselessness for a very short lived time, the mod (in my opinion) should not have existed in the first place. I understand and support the notion to create new weapon type specific mods, however, anything instakill related shouldn't have even been thought of ever.

Because of this blatantly bad idea of a mod passed the "let's make it" test, the customization of Exalted Blade was killed and is now left stagnant with no desire to use anything other than straight up damage melees/ "Top Tier" as in the already meta Galatine and Scindo Prime.

One thing was needed to fix this. That covert lethality should've never existed.

If you reeally wanted to change Exalted Blade, at least increase the energy drain. That was literally the only thing that made Exalted Blade so spammy.

ps, before everyone calls me an excal nub or DE hater i'd like to clarify that I love warframe and I appreciate DE working tirelessly for us the players.

However, things that created variability is something that I truly enjoy.

Seeing how revamped Excal offered such variability is what brought me back into the game after a three month(ish) break. Discovering that Prisma Skana could be modded with Bright Purity, then discovering that exalted blade carried it over too was something that blew my mind, immediately thinking of other possibilities. See how all the work getting these weapons formaed and modded perfectly come down to a waste and disappointment due to ONE mod urged me to rant on this change.

FYI I'm an xbox player so I've just recently noticed that PC has had this issue for about a month now.