Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Psa: Covert Lethality + Exalted Blade Changes

[DE]Megan

Waiting for that incoming Mesa nerf.

I can't wait for it! Maybe then people won't flip out when they find out I am not running a peacemaker build... God forbid I actually play the game, much less enjoy it...

I would hope for more of a rework, not a nerf. More input from the player and less AFK

Why punish Loki / Ash players for another problem? Just make it so Exalted Blade doesn't benefit from it as mentioned and leave the mod as is.

Stealth finisher change just made it worthless of a slot, oh and daggers too. Whelp, back to a non-dagger melee weapon again.

Let have a good example, Poke you from behind between ribs, not Lethal, clear animation that SLITS YOUR THROATH! Lethal.

Thus stealth finisher Animation Makes sense!

Waiting for that incoming Mesa nerf.

^ wonder if this person realizes that they nerfed her damage when they implemented her increase in rate of fire per target hit.  I remember when they released her when u had to manually click for her to fire(she still auto aimed) and she fired slower than slow, her damage was ridiculous at unranked for the skill, critting over 10k without power increasing mods, now you can barely hit 5-7k with max power at rank 3, possibly around 8k IF you have corrosive projection.  She doesn't need to be nerfed because her damage isn't finisher damage and falls off every time enemies get higher in level.  If anything, her other skills need some tweaking to make them more efficient and useful.  Once in a blue moon if the ult's shot happens to be a headshot with the proper status proc that the target is weak to, I'll see a 15k+ crit but that's rare.

Why punish Loki / Ash players for another problem? Just make it so Exalted Blade doesn't benefit from it as mentioned and leave the mod as is.

Stealth finisher change just made it worthless of a slot, oh and daggers too. Whelp, back to a non-dagger melee weapon again.

I get the stealth finisher very often with ash's teleport because it leaves them open for it, and for those targets like moa who don't get that animation, it proc's finisher damage to my weapon all the time, yellow hits that are NOT crits because crits would trigger berserker mod, finisher doesn't.  Now with loki...yeah it should be tweaked a bit because it doesn't happen as often :/

Honestly, something similar to excal's EB would be awesome. Running around shooting stuff with dual pistols that look cool as hell? Sign me up!

Run n gun with her aimbot would be cool lol just give her a fast fire speed, wouldn't mind a damage reduction in scaling at that point so long as it looks badass and is Efficient with energy, allow her to use the new parkour 2.0 stuff to her advantage and make actual use of her other skills.

Run n gun with her aimbot would be cool lol just give her a fast fire speed, wouldn't mind a damage reduction in scaling at that point so long as it looks badass and is Efficient with energy, allow her to use the new parkour 2.0 stuff to her advantage and make actual use of her other skills.

Uhhh I was talking about manual aim.....

also: "Why avoid making excal players only use one or two weapons?"

This is basically the reason coptering was taken out. Weapons that couldn't copter weren't ever used.

It's about leaving your weapon choice up to you, not up to whatever ridiculous mod combo is brokenly OP right now. 

Except now instead of the 2 weapons mostly used now, those hoping to use EB effectively will use Dragon Nikana and Scindo Prime, two of the most used melee weapons in the late game that will likely get nerfed after this because they'd be the go-to weapons for EB. EB with the Syndicate weapons gives the chance for weapons other than the endgame flavor of the month to be used.

I'm usually in favor of the nerfs that DE does, but this one is just... No. If you want people to use other weapons, introduce other Syndicate weapon augments (or even new syndicate weapons) than the 3 augments (and only a secondary) there are currently on every syndicate.

I mean, if you're going to nerf one thing, why not just nerf it all? Nerf syndicate effects to the ground, because people hold them while spamming their powers to get more damage!

Just Please reconsider. Honestly just make it so Covert doesn't work with EB and please don't nerf him he's fine as he is. Bright purity finally gave me a reason to want to use my Skana prime! Also your reason is quite lame stating that you don't want people to have to use 2 or 3 weapons for him for minmaxing yet, Valkyr has needed Scindo prime for how long to get minmaxed and considering how easy it is to obtain any skana(A weapon you start with!) compared to Scindo Prime or Dragon Nikana its just silly.

As for nerfing covert to not work on stealth kills is just poor choice sure its strong but how is it really overpowered? Sure it one shots things but on any endless mission (which is considered the end game) you can't get stealth kills and the trade off for that anyways is being the weakest frame for defense in the game I.E loki if a feather falls on him past lvl 35 he's dead. Plus its not like it works on bosses so whats the big deal?

Because of one stupidly overpowered ability(compared to trashy, unusable, nonscaling, etc abilities... yeah I'm looking at you hysteria) they nerf into the ground something that made daggers usable. Logic... up the !. Daggers were usable for what? 2 weeks?

We want to give you variety to use with EB... so we are nerfing the few extra choices and bringing it back to the king melee weapons that have been the only usable ones for... over a year. Logic is solid...ly broken.

But hey this is DE. The place where inane logic and knee jerk reactions are praised and loved.

I though upate 14 was the most mind ravaging mass of broken. But glorious U17, that managed to nerf more things that fix, is now taking my most adored spot. Melee at high level? dead... courtesy of new parry or how to instantly blow 500 energy. Hydroid... the most forgotten and unused frame? nerfed because uranus heavy gunners have 100% chance to drop 1 mod and gallium( Oh and as an extra insult they still have 100% chance to drop 1 mod and galium... but fixing the root of problem isn't what DE does so who gives a crap). Was pilfering scaling with strength fair? No... but now entire frame is back to being utterly useless because DE doesn't get why tentacle swarm with duration is simply NOT USABLE. Staffs... and their one good stance getting nerfed made me laugh so hard... not really. Gmag.... reminds me the string knee jerk nerfs from viver days.

Are you people just about done nerfing fun? If you expect people will start playing your conclave more due to neverending train of nerfs you are delisional. If I wanted PvP I'd play something where PvP isn't a joke, a cruel and lame joke.

I'm still strugling to understand in what universe I would be compelled to use daggers for anything. If I can do finishers... a weapon that actually does damage would get the job done just as well if not better while remaining useful for the other 99.9% of the content.

Edited by HiSaZuL

So mabe i can pose a option on this. Since Excal gets passives from using certain weapons as is, why not just take the passives away and in turn make all weapons become the Exaulted Blade? As in he just embues whatever melee there is in his hand because it seems silly to axe the mod from the Skana since people get the buff also while using him from my understanding. Idk, mabe there isnt really a way to have one with out the other, but that life from the the aoe proc can still be done by not being in exalted blade and just using a sin secondary or a augment mod with any of the other primarys.... pretty much making one go just for those as they give that extra to them in the aoe and buffs that really do change how one even mods. Its like a road map really.

I believe it could be done with a different animation, the frame is already stuck in that form and cannot use anything as is. Most players already build just to use that specific ability, it isnt one button perse in that you have to have the right mods anyway and actually play risking being knocked down and such.

This is a fine example of nerfing a playstyle too much. In an attempt to eliminate the meta, you've established a new one; now instead of ONLY Skana/Cleavers, it's ANYTHING BUT Skana/Cleavers.

Wanna know what the funniest part about this is? If augments actually had their own slot, this problem could have been completely avoided.

Yes & yes... ^^^ "This" ^^^

Except now instead of the 2 weapons mostly used now, those hoping to use EB effectively will use Dragon Nikana and Scindo Prime, two of the most used melee weapons in the late game that will likely get nerfed after this because they'd be the go-to weapons for EB. EB with the Syndicate weapons gives the chance for weapons other than the endgame flavor of the month to be used.

I'm usually in favor of the nerfs that DE does, but this one is just... No. If you want people to use other weapons, introduce other Syndicate weapon augments (or even new syndicate weapons) than the 3 augments (and only a secondary) there are currently on every syndicate.

I mean, if you're going to nerf one thing, why not just nerf it all? Nerf syndicate effects to the ground, because people hold them while spamming their powers to get more damage!

Yeah i like what your thinking as in why not make augment mods for the host of weapons in the game and just change the stats for the inate syndicate weapons alltogether thus not making those the only viable option for a secondary or primary melee with an augment. Honestly every agrees i think that the augments were just band-aids in the first place for weapons that pretty much were trash, but thats what the game offers across the board anyway. Its an rpg with numbers, people come to the conclusion that the Skana just isnt as good as a Dragon Nikana on theirt own, the stats do not lie. They seem to be doing this with Conclave to a degree hence why even those syndicate weapons can be used just without their aoe im sure as that might be the true endgame of this game.

But i also seen someone make a suggestion about making a augment slot for all weapons... that would be the same cash grab nonesense of the exilus mod slot thats there now. Another variation on that same ideal, cept now one better really really really love their weapon of choice if they unlock that slot. I dont think id be in favor of thats ALOT of weapons to buy that slot for in some peoples warehouse of weapons smh. But a augment mod for every weapon would be nice. Thus not having this problam as with Exalted blade at all. 

Edited by fxtricky

Next week we intend to limit the Melee mods that work with Exalted Blade strictly to generic mods (ie: Pressure Point, Molten Impact, etc) but not weapon-specific augments. We appreciate that this will remove certain fitting strategies however we feel that those combos were not the intention of the ability and want to avoid making it so that you only want to play Excalibur with one or two specific weapons.

So I know tons of people are disappointed now that Excalibur is being slightly nerfed but to be honest he was a bit too op.  Now if we can have the same effect and rework for Valkyr I' very much appreciate it.  Since Valkyr's Hysteria is SUPER clunky.  I would have expected the base mods to apply on her but since they don't Hysteria is basically just used for the temporary invincibility it gives.  So if at all possible could we get a rework on Valkyr's Hysteria so it's clunkiness is softened by the base melee mods such as pressurepoint, molten Impact, vital sense, etc...  At the very least the attack speed on your melee weapon should follow through into Hysteria.  Thanks it would be very much appreciated.  

I liked using my Skana Prime Augment in conjunction with Exalted Blade.

Now when i want to use my Skana Prime at it's fullest, Exalted Blade won't be at its fullest.
And when I want to use Exalted Blade, my Skana Prime won't be at it's fullest.

Why don't you just make the Covert Lethality mod NOT affect Exalted Blade instead of nerfing Excalibur back into the ground. He finally got his rework and the only thing you're doing now is putting him back in the "Most Unused Warframes" category. Stop it.