Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Gorgon ruins this game.

Solvite

I want to start by saying this can be construed as a complaint thread, but after playing at level 30 for about 4 days now, I just want to give my honest feedback.

The Gorgon is a joke for multiple reasons. First, let me discuss MY OPINION based on ME USING the Gorgon.

I bought the Gorgon, and as soon as I did, I realized that if I were looking to be the optimal character build, I should be using the Gorgon. It hits like a semi auto rifle, shoots like a vulcan minigun, has a 200 round clip for me, and sprays almost like a shotgun when at full speed.

The Gorgon is basically just an excuse to say "Congrats you hit rank 2, now just hold left click and run around."

I since switched the the Snipetron, because I at least have to manage a cip, and aim my shots.

Next, let me speak as someone playing with a group of randoms using the Gorgon.

It completely breaks the fun feeling of the game when I am fighting a boss, and I am sniping at him attempting to get nicely placed shots, and the 2-3 other randoms with me are standing completely still, holding left click at the boss.

No aim. No skill. Not even dodging. Just spraying their giant clip minigun rifle at the enemy.

I realize there was a nerf (LOL) on the Gorgon a few days ago, but it is still a joke. I think the developers need to take a step back and decide if they really want the Gorgon and HEK to be Direct High Level upgrades designed to make veteran players experience easymode.

I welcome anyone's feedback. I just really have tried everything to get it to stop irking me. I stopped using it, and I still have to deal with nothing but group after group of spamming Gorgons with no actual gameplay going on.

I can understand why you feel HEK is overpowered, it almost defines the word, but Gorgon? You start with what, 3 clips at best? I had a real hard time finding ammo in higher level systems since it takes about 1/4 of your clip to be able to kill one regular enemy. It runs out of ammo way too fast whether you're careful or not. It is quite easy though if you happen to be playing in Mars, Venus and such similar low level systems.

Feel free to disagree but I think the Gorgon is fine as it is, might even need a slight buff. Just my opinion {based on my lvl15-20 gorgon + pro upgrade}

Although I don't have a problem with the idea of making either of these weapons hard to acquire, you may as well include Snipetron to that as well, far too easy.

Edited by CapricaSix

You cant nerf its shooting rate because it would ruin concept of minigun

You cant nerf its clip because you cant nefr its speed

You cant nerf its accuracy because its not an accurate weapon anyway

Only thing left is damage,Not sure if anybody would play 20.0 damage Gorgon though

Edited by Tarre

It also blows through ammo extremely fast when you just spray it everywhere, and with rifle ammo drops only giving 20 rounds per pickup you end up having to buy and use ammo boxes every mission if you use it in the manner you described. The bullets themselves don't do a whole lot of damage, It's just the sheer volume of bullets fired and it really isn't as accurate as it's stat card claims it to be as you can fine aim holding the right mouse button and fire one bullet and many times not hit where the reticule is aimed.

I agree completely. the gorgon turns the game into easy mode, even if your just grouping with people using one. Last I heard though is the devs are still working on it, and other weapons. So hopefully we will see something soon.

however, i do like the feel of the gorgon. Its very satisfying mowing down waves of infested who are charging at you, so I hope they dont change that part too much. What they could do is add greater drawbacks or hurdles to using it, such as a windup time(like TF2 miniguns), not being able to move and shoot, or something else.

I had a real hard time finding ammo in higher level systems since it takes about 1/4 of your clip to be able to kill one regular enemy. It runs out of ammo way too fast whether you're careful or not. It is quite easy though if you happen to be playing in Mars, Venus and such similar low level system.

if it takes you 50 bullets to kill a regular enemy something is wrong. There is also rifle scavenger artifacts and ammo refill boxes to deal with ammo for the lengthy missions.

I think the problem is that it doesn't fit within a different defined role. There are no additional weapon classes besides a semi-auto with high damage, an automatic or burst assault rifle, or shotgun. Where the Gorgon fits more in the category of an LMG, which is problematic because total ammo count is not higher, just the amount you have loaded at one time. It doesn't slow movement (as far as I know?) or have any detriment to its operation compared to shotguns and rifles.

Accuracy is probably the root cause of most 'easy mode' claims, because the initial Cone of fire is just as tight as every other gun, plus a higher damage potential with no difference in damage drop-off at longer ranges.

if it takes you 50 bullets to kill a regular enemy something is wrong. There is also rifle scavenger artifacts and ammo refill boxes to deal with ammo for the lengthy missions.

In a high level system, yes it does, since their health/armour also increases as well as their damage. Somewhat challenging even on Earth unless you're constantly tap-firing for headshots, not that I'm spraying all around but it does run out of ammo rather quick. But I don't think artifacts or ammo refill boxes should be factored in since we're talking about a gun being OP. It's just very versatile yet not that ideal as a weapon when you face harder enemies, especially when you get to the high level heavy enemies.

@OP: Don't take this the wrong way but I get the feeling that you just used the gun a couple of times in Mars and threw it aside right after.

I like all the people defending the gorgon.

I'm sorry I don't find it fun to run around holding left click moving full speed mowing everything down.

Really now? "I welcome anyone's feedback" as long as they agree with you?

Edited by CapricaSix

Easy Fix for Gorgon.

Take out Semi Auto fire by adding a windup, force player out of ADS when the gun winds up to full speed.

Now you're contradicting with your initial rant, which was about "holding left click and moving around". Take out the semi-auto and you'll have more of those spray&pray types who apparently use about 8 ammo boxes in each game.

In a high level system, yes it does, since their health/armour also increases as well as their damage. Somewhat challenging even on Earth unless you're constantly tap-firing for headshots, not that I'm spraying all around but it does run out of ammo rather quick. But I don't think artifacts or ammo refill boxes should be factored in since we're talking about a gun being OP. It's just very versatile yet not that ideal as a weapon when you face harder enemies, especially when you get to the high level heavy enemies.

@OP: Don't take this the wrong way but I get the feeling that you just used the gun a couple of times in Mars and threw it aside right after.

Really now? "I welcome anyone's feedback" as long as they agree with you?

I can still refute feedback even if I welcome it.

Now you're contradicting with your initial rant, which was about "holding left click and moving around". Take out the semi-auto and you'll have more of those spray&pray types who apparently use about 8 ammo boxes in each game.

Yeah, the difference is they wont be able to do it while hitting a boss 20 meters away from them.

Well as simple as it may sounds, on later levels especially, it makes sense to have strong weapons, such a Gordon or any of the shotguns. On the flip side it does not make sense than every other weapon is weak in comparasion to then. Did someone tried to take on pluto solo with a lvl 30 Braton? You definetly can with HEK though....

You honestly have me really confused, i thought they must of nerfed it again and didnt know about it. i went in and checked ingame just now with my lvl 29 gorgon(with unimpressive mods). 10 bullets to kill a shielded lvl 50 walker with a few misses. Less that that to kill unshielded enemies. Of course heavies and armored would be more then that, but thats still pluto, not even the hot spot of this game.

4-5 shots to kill lvl 15-20 infested in the alert missions just now. Thats gonna be annoying for new players having high ranked players join their missions to lvl up new warframes.

You might just be exaggerating to get your point accross, if not then maybe you can explain.

Edited by Kilikaji

Easy Fix for Gorgon.

Take out Semi Auto fire by adding a windup, force player out of ADS when the gun winds up to full speed.

And why exactly would this "fix" anything? The Gorgon is mainly good against bosses because of their too-fast shield regen, which means the large mag size and high fire rate make them a lot less durable.

The easiest fix for the Gorgon would be to stop bosses renerating their shields after .5 seconds of not taking damage.

Funnily enough that doesn't nerf it, it makes single-shot weapons more viable. This insistence that machine guns can't ever be allowed to be the real killers in video games is kind of aggravating.

Also lol at "Gorgon users expose themselves to fire to use their weapons more effectively!" Them standing out in the open and getting their faces shot off isn't a bug, it's a feature. To use the Gorgon correctly you need to expose yourself for extended periods of time, otherwise it's a less accurate Latron that does less damage. This isn't a strength, it's a weakness.

Look if you DO insist it needs a nerf it should slow you down when firing or be totally inaccurate hipfired, like the Snipetron.

Also amusing is how you contradict yourself. Does it deliver a lot of ammo on target, or does it require no skill because it sprays everywhere?

The Gorgon's DPS is only about 50% better than a Braton, you know, assuming it spins up to max and all shots hit their target (not going to happen and not going to happen). It's not a wonder weapon any more than any other heavily modded automatic rifle. It's powerful, it may be the best AR right now but it's not head and shoulders better.

tl;dr: The Gorgon is mostly okay as is. Any "balance changes" made to it should impact the user's ability to avoid incoming attacks, not their ability to kill things.

If I had multishot mods it would be extremely OP. Right now the best I can do is ~40% crit and 3x crit multiplier for mods. Solo I finish most bosses with around 80 rounds left in my clip out of 244. Just invis on Loki and stand there shooting them in the face. I'm sure if I was in a group of all 30s it might be different but if you are a good shot, you will not have any issues with ammo. I carry extra ammo boxes just in case I feel like being trigger happy but rarely actually need to use them. All of it's stats are either first or second highest of automatic weapons, accuracy withstanding. But then again you don't need accuracy if you're putting the muzzle to someones chin. Is it OP or is it that it just doesn't have any competition?

And why exactly would this "fix" anything? The Gorgon is mainly good against bosses because of their too-fast shield regen, which means the large mag size and high fire rate make them a lot less durable.

The easiest fix for the Gorgon would be to stop bosses renerating their shields after .5 seconds of not taking damage.

Funnily enough that doesn't nerf it, it makes single-shot weapons more viable. This insistence that machine guns can't ever be allowed to be the real killers in video games is kind of aggravating.

Also lol at "Gorgon users expose themselves to fire to use their weapons more effectively!" Them standing out in the open and getting their faces shot off isn't a bug, it's a feature. To use the Gorgon correctly you need to expose yourself for extended periods of time, otherwise it's a less accurate Latron that does less damage. This isn't a strength, it's a weakness.

Look if you DO insist it needs a nerf it should slow you down when firing or be totally inaccurate hipfired, like the Snipetron.

Also amusing is how you contradict yourself. Does it deliver a lot of ammo on target, or does it require no skill because it sprays everywhere?

The Gorgon's DPS is only about 50% better than a Braton, you know, assuming it spins up to max and all shots hit their target (not going to happen and not going to happen). It's not a wonder weapon any more than any other heavily modded automatic rifle. It's powerful, it may be the best AR right now but it's not head and shoulders better.

tl;dr: The Gorgon is mostly okay as is. Any "balance changes" made to it should impact the user's ability to avoid incoming attacks, not their ability to kill things.

Or maybe the fix is to make people stop saying the Gorgon is balanced in order to perpetuate their desire to easily farm bosses for warframe parts.

I realize it sucks actually playing the game, but the balance shouldnt suffer for it.

Yeah, the difference is they wont be able to do it while hitting a boss 20 meters away from them.

Look maybe you don't like automatic weapons but here's a hint.

If you aren't aiming with the Gorgon you aren't actually doing much damage. There is a reason I get high accuracy with my Gorgon and it isn't because I just wave it around and click LMB. It's because I do, in fact, AIM.

FYI: If those guys you're playing with have decent to good accuracy ratings they aren't "waving the gun around holding LMB". And unlike your precious snipetron they have to deal with recoil and their cone of fire getting larger if they move, while the Snipetron can fast scope for 100% accuracy without any movement speed impact.

Or maybe the fix is to make people stop saying the Gorgon is balanced in order to perpetuate their desire to easily farm bosses for warframe parts.

I realize it sucks actually playing the game, but the balance shouldnt suffer for it.

Oh yes. Because my most used weapon isn't the Lex or anything. Nope.

A weapon most people consider underpowered.

Sorry, the Gorgon isn't OP to the extent you're claiming, I think you're just angry that autofire weapons and LMGs in particular don't suck.

Look maybe you don't like automatic weapons but here's a hint.

If you aren't aiming with the Gorgon you aren't actually doing much damage. There is a reason I get high accuracy with my Gorgon and it isn't because I just wave it around and click LMB. It's because I do, in fact, AIM.

FYI: If those guys you're playing with have decent to good accuracy ratings they aren't "waving the gun around holding LMB". And unlike your precious snipetron they have to deal with recoil and their cone of fire getting larger if they move, while the Snipetron can fast scope for 100% accuracy without any movement speed impact.

Its even worse if you do aim.

Fights in this game usually boil down to 4 guys with Gorgons spamming at the boss until it dies from the combined weight of their bullet vomit.