Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alright, What Do You Guys Do When You're Bored?

Yeah, Warframe let me down with the fake Tenno reinforcement and stupid-long grinding to get Natah, and other games are starting to become realy boring too for various reasons.

So, what I ask everybody to do, is post pretty much anything - good movies, good tv shows, good games, good books - all of these will do, as long as you enjoy/enjoyed them.

So, I'll start - I've recently started getting into Falling Skies,  a tv series that goes about following a group of survivors from an alien attack, and how they try to survive, scavenge for food and supplies, and fight the aliens a lot. CGI is noticeable here and there, but it still looks very solid, aliens look pretty menacing and the overall plot is really damn good, although later on in the show it starts becoming really wtf-like, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it so much. The battles alone make for a good watch.

Edited by RevolutionaryJusticar

Hi.

Im triying to complete Ninja Gaiden III on NES()FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU but damn good old school game, catching up with movies recently I watched The wolf of wall street (sad no Oscar for Leonardo), reading this book that make me fall asleep every time "The bad place"(not sure if like this one).

Roll some dice and go clear some more of my Steam games backlog. A few years of bundle deals here and there and you end up with things you've never played. Some of which aren't so good, and then there are the under appreciated indie gems...

Lately though I've had some rage inducing good times with the friends on occasional matches of 100% Orange Juice. (Fair warning, very RNG, much board game logic, power cards can make or break your chances of winning at the drop of a hat. Oh and you'll end up with a hatred for seagulls... because of confirmation bias on those damn things rolling 7's at the worst times.)

I recently read All in the Mind by Alastair Campbell. It's about a psychiatrist and his various patients as well as his own problems that he deals with as a psychiatrist.

I also recently watched Metropolis. It's an animated film that takes place in the future where robots are treated poorly and a revolution boils while a man of great power strives to use a super robot to control the entire world. Rintaro is the director and Katsuhiro Otomo (who directed Akira, which is an amazing film.) wrote the script. Although the plot itself isn't too much to get excited about it is an absolutely beautiful film.

Also, Colorful, another wonderful animated film. It's about a soul who committed a great  sin who has to fulfill an internship to be able to be brought back into the cycle of reincarnation by living the life of a boy who committed suicide and remember what was the great sin .he committed.

Edited by nickelshark

But the battles are still fun to watch. And I can't think of any other tv series that has aliens and isn't worse than this.

Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Andromeda, Star Trek Next generation, Babylon 5, 100, Defiance comes to mind. Dark matter is also a new show, not superb at the moment but still better than "Tom Mason = ubermensch"

Yeah, Warframe let me down with the fake Tenno reinforcement and stupid-long grinding to get Natah, and other games are starting to become realy boring too for various reasons.

So, what I ask everybody to do, is post pretty much anything - good movies, good tv shows, good games, good books - all of these will do, as long as you enjoy/enjoyed them.

So, I'll start - I've recently started getting into Falling Skies,  a tv series that goes about following a group of survivors from an alien attack, and how they try to survive, scavenge for food and supplies, and fight the aliens a lot. CGI is noticeable here and there, but it still looks very solid, aliens look pretty menacing and the overall plot is really damn good, although later on in the show it starts becoming really wtf-like, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it so much. The battles alone make for a good watch.

as for natha, you go solo with loki and make yourself invisible at a spy-syndicate mission and 2 sentients for a good scan appear

happended today once and now i can start my quest at my second account =))))))))

i readed it allready here last week in the forum somewhere, was a good tip, thx

if im bored specifically i critisize as friendly as possible the warframe-development in general

dont think its worth the time to go on doing that, anything else is private and im not willing to share "privacy" here =:P

=))))))))))))))))

Edited by LEEV_

Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Andromeda, Star Trek Next generation, Babylon 5, 100, Defiance comes to mind. Dark matter is also a new show, not superb at the moment but still better than "Tom Mason = ubermensch"

I like the cut of your jib...

Don't forget KillJoys and Dominion; the two jewels of the new Friday prime lineup imo.

-snip-

TV wise I'd suggest:

(Re-)watching the first two seasons and last 3 episodes of Heroes to get ready for the re-boot.

Grimm (if you haven't seen it)

The Flash (if you haven't seen it)

The Walking Dead

Book wise:

The classics are under-appreciated and many are public domain (free).

Try some Doyle, Verne, or Stoker and see what you think.

Anything by Neil Gaiman or Jim Butcher is a winner in my opinion.

Given that fall is coming (I live in the PNW and it feels like it right now)... I'd point you at Harry Potter, Anno Dracula, or old school Stephen King.

If you celebrate Halloween, maybe get a jump on your costume planning

If you own your home.. Clean your gutters (or hire someone)

I read manga's and (as a developer) start on a new projects I had on my mind.

But Warframe conclave is fun as well.

For those interested, in no particular order, here is the list of manga's I'm currently reading:

- Fairy Tail

- Battle Through The Heavens

- Feng Shen Ji

- Tale of Eun Aran

- Kiwaguro no Brynhildr

- Red Storm

- The God of Highschool

- I The Female Robot

- The Gamer

- Soul Cartel

- Magi

- Boku no Hero Academy

- Combat Continent

- Kingdom

- Kubera

- World Trigger

- Onepunch-Man

- Mob Psycho 100

- Hinomaru Zumou

- Adventure of Sinbad - Prototype

- The Break: New Waves

- Yongbi

- Magician

- One Piece

- The Great Conqueror

- Id

- Gamaran

- Sun-ken Rock

If there is one manga I'd advice for those that want to give it a shot, I'd probably say Sun-ken Rock.

I browse the forums, and read threads about other players and their boredom.

Now I'm bored^2.

*edit*  Seriously, I have a backlog of games on Steam that I go through when I'm not playing Warframe.

Edited by Fretless

Farm

Color/decorate the dojo

Speed runs

Explore

Help clan mates

Forma things

Try out weird builds

Practice parkour

PvP

That's pretty much what I do

Edit: just realized you meant outside Warframe. Then I just do something productive or play one of 115 games in my current library

Edited by Echoa