The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Elytron Just Nerfed?

BloodSage09

....... Am i the only one that would have preferred they just did the pre-u17 frost treatment and make it stack indefinietly and on timer? I dont really see the need to limit stacking.

And i guess its understandable since I've seen frame rate drop when 3 people decided to cast thumber 10-20 times all in one node...

The only thing elytron had going for it was Thumper. The 4th ability needs about 10 times more damage and at least double radius.

That thing is to dang slow, at least with thumper you could defend. Oh well, Iztal is much better choice anyway since it has the built in vacuum and you need it to collect tellerium...

Really, nerf ellytron, at least increase its speed to make up for the lack of damage.

Basically it's a nerf because it gets rid of your old thumper in place of a new one. In the past, having multiple thumpers on top of each other meant an increase in thumper fire rate. You could stack over 10 of them in the same place and have a bunch of thumpers going off. To get near the same effect requires teammates to stack thumper on top of each other, even then it's only two bubbles.

Edited by ivlr3vil

I do play archwing.

And this is a nerf.

I feel a bit conflicted here too. In that archwing has so many issues at high levels with being one shot by missiles, and yet they nerf the wing that most us use to make Uranus tollerable.

I just feel sour about this one. Ultimately the only high level archwing mission just got harder so I will have less people to play with.

Edited by Chimera_Prime

The only thing elytron had going for it was Thumper. The 4th ability needs about 10 times more damage and at least double radius.

That thing is to dang slow, at least with thumper you could defend. Oh well, Iztal is much better choice anyway since it has the built in vacuum and you need it to collect tellerium...

Really, nerf ellytron, at least increase its speed to make up for the lack of damage.

I think the radius could probably stay as is, but the projectile speed deserves a buff, all things considered. Plus, like you said the damage is lacking.

This Heavy duty archwing was designed for one purpose, destruction.  

Yeah the destruction of asteroids and the bringer of doom to enemies on erpo.  Elytron was already pretty bad, can't believes they would nerf it even more.  

We know one thing for sure after these last few patches on archwing, the people at DE definitely do not play or like archwing.

Aside from damage, they should also buff the fire rate for every stack. This nerfed turned an archwing that could semi solo one wave of Interception Uranus to not being able to solo it at all.

Edited by ivlr3vil

Yeah the destruction of asteroids and the bringer of doom to enemies on erpo.  Elytron was already pretty bad, can't believes they would nerf it even more.  

We know one thing for sure after these last few patches on archwing, the people at DE definitely do not play or like archwing.

yet they put another overprice weapn for archwing

pretty much.everyone knows you need atleast 10-15 thumpers for it to be of use 

Ehh, 15 sounds a bit overkill.

Make the duration stack instead of just refreshing, and make max stack to like 8 and Ill be happy.

Only 4 stack with refreshing duration is just straight up nerf.

Erpo? Noo lol this is meant to be used on cailus interception on uranus

It's a nerf and I'm pretty sure it is a result of play testing the new J3 Golem raid.

8 Elytrons + blast damage against the Infested.

Hmm... You might be on to something here...

And for the record I am also a bit salty about this, it's the one wing I put the most forma on.

Edited by VikingoX