Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Weapons

Deiske

Question

18 answers to this question

I Quite like my Latron Wraith with crit and status build it pretty much chews through enemies fairly fast and accurately. Secondary the Synoid Gammacore works like a charm and the extra energy it generates is always nice. Personally melee wise I quite like the Dex Dakra or Sheev.

Anything is viable, some weapons are easy to build for end game, others require more formas but are viable. Forget about " I want the most OP weapons to make everything easy", use whatever you want

Not everything is created equal. Several weapons are hardly endgame viable. Simulor, Harpak, Ignis, Vulkar, Grinlok, Miter, Panthera, any mk1 weapon. Just a few to name are barely usable in low tier missions let alone after 30-40 waves of defense.

The answers you will get will very much depend on the player's preference. My favorite "end game" weapons are:

Primary: Dread, Amprex (6 Forma), Boltor Prime (4 Forma)

Secondary: Lex Prime, Telos Akbolto and Kunai  

Melee: Dakra Prime, Anku and Scindo Prime

You will most likely get different answers from everyone. That is one of the great things about a game with so many weapons, you can learn to make up your own mind on what you like based on your play style. 

The absolutely most OP weapon right now would probably be Tigris. The amount of damage per shot it does means it's damage stays relevant for much longer than automatic guns.

Although, bows could do the same or even more damage, but you gotta pray to RNG for redcrits and gotta headshot well.

And tbh, almost any gun in the game can be made end-game viable. I often run with a Lanka, Prisma Gorgon or Boar Prime and they all do extremely well because I've put enough forma into them.

Not everything is created equal. Several weapons are hardly endgame viable. Simulor, Harpak, Ignis, Vulkar, Grinlok, Miter, Panthera, any mk1 weapon. Just a few to name are barely usable in low tier missions let alone after 30-40 waves of defense.

Vulkar and Grinlok work just fine.

depends. personally I favour:

Soma Prime - high capacity, fast and powerful

Boltor Prime - ask anyone, this gun kicks &#!.

Vaykor Marelok - this is a great pistol. powerful, accurate and the health restore syndicate buff make it good for high level content.

Lex Prime - the Desert Eagle of Warframe, glamorous, loud and powerful.

Scindo Prime - with berserker, this thing tears apart anything after a couple of crits.

Magistar - it may be impact, but I made mine corrosive, potato'd it and forma'd twice.  as good a hammer as any.

For primary secondary, and melee weapons, what are the best ones for end game content such as void/derelict defense/survival high level enemies?

Soma w/shred for general use. Dread for stealth/assassinations

Atomos for mid range nuking, Vaykor Marelok for Sniping, Kohmak for DEEPS

Scindo Prime for general use, Dakra Prime for Excal. Both slotted with Life Strike of course, since melee outside of healing is pointless

Most OP weapon: Tonkor

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

Main:Boltor Prime, Soma Prime, Paris Prime, Dread, Tonkor.

Secondary: V Marelock, Telos AkBolto, Lex Prime, Brakk, Hikou Prime, Despair, AkSomati.

Melee: Scindo Prime, Dragon Nikana, Dakra Prime.

But like was previously said each person has there own favorites just like I'm sure some people hate bows.

Edited by (PS4)x-xWiCKeDx-x

There are quite a few weapons. Off the top of my head these are good:

Tonkor, Soma Prime, Boltor Prime, Dread. Paris Prime

Atomos, Brakk, Despair, Aksomati, Telos Akbolto,Vaykor Meralok, Kohmak

Edited by S0V3REiGN

For primary secondary, and melee weapons, what are the best ones for end game content such as void/derelict defense/survival high level enemies?

Anything with a potato and a couple of forma will work fine in void/derelict/defence/survival up to about 40 mins/40 waves, which is pretty much what most people are doing most of the time (in fact most of the time, people just go to 20 mins/20 waves). 

It's really the mods that matter more than the weapon up to that point.  Beyond 40/40 is when the inherent advantages of weapons come through a bit more; you need more forma and even more powerful mods to cope, but since that cancels out for all weapons, it's the "top tier" weapons that shine because their intrinsic stats are marginally better.

But then again, beyond a certain point, beyond 60+ mins/waves, even weapons don't matter quite so much (they all start to become fairly useless) and what matters more is special team synergies and strategies.

The moral of the story is: use what you enjoy using, unless you're in a clan that's trying to do ultra-high-end stuff, in which case follow doctrine.

Anything with a potato and a couple of forma will work fine in void/derelict/defence/survival up to about 40 mins/40 waves, which is pretty much what most people are doing most of the time (in fact most of the time, people just go to 20 mins/20 waves). 

It's really the mods that matter more than the weapon up to that point.  Beyond 40/40 is when the inherent advantages of weapons come through a bit more; you need more forma and even more powerful mods to cope, but since that cancels out for all weapons, it's the "top tier" weapons that shine because their intrinsic stats are marginally better.

This. So much this. This is something newer players need to understand.

A Mk1 Braton can get you through T4 if you have it Catalysed, Polarised and modded to hell and back.

The best weapons in the game will hit like a wet noodle without good mods to support them.