The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Not Scary Or Effective Enough Anymore (Or Ever Was)?

MapleTyger

I don't know if this is just me, but Stalker has become more of a nuisance than an actual threat, or even one that's fun to deal with.

I mean, his constant use of teleporting us back to him has glitched my game numerous occasions (even crashing it when he decided to teleport me into one of those giant Orokin glowing orbs with the rings), he can't hit me for anything (seriously, parkour 2.0 makes it impossible for his arrows to hit; try it), and he spawns at terrible times (missions almost already over, I'm going after a capture target, etc.)

To be fair though, the only assassin I really think is actually interesting and still threatening is Zanuka Hunter because there actually feels like a bit's at stake. It's not super easy because of the mobility and the homing missles ZH has, and being defeated means getting set back a little. Stalker? Literally just spend a revive. Not a big deal. It's gotten to the point where I'd let him "serve justice", revive, and get on with better things to do.

In short: I get nervous when ZH spawns, annoyed when Stalker spawns.

Edited by MapleTyger

actually i saw him using his skills for 1st time few days ago

Wow, that's pretty lucky. I've literally never not seen him teleport or slash dash in an encounter. A total rework is hopefully in order.

Edited by MapleTyger

actually i saw him using his skills for 1st time few days ago... and i have playing around 2 years, that only should say that he needs total rework.

I heard that he got buff recently that made him more dangerous, uses more abilities and stuff.

I heard that he got buff recently that made him more dangerous, uses more abilities and stuff.

His abilities changed, yup. He goes total invisible (loki with black energy style), he has some kind of Oberon Reckoning version. Don't know what else, saw those two from the new ones.

Well once I had met the stalker in the middle of a run he for some reason decided to play smart so when I ran to gather distance he used pull so I shoot him he then fire an arrow at me the uses slash dash and wipes my frame out. He was a danger then I got good mods that is the problem he has to be balanced between both high teir and low tier players which would be easy enough. To do so would to be alter his level by calculaing a level based on the squad's conclave or equipment level.

I don't understand why they keep stapling new abilities on him for no apparent reason. Maybe to make him more threatening to veteran players? Idk, hes been little more than a speed bump for the past 2 years for me, even with his new toys.

My wishlist for stalker rework? Add some fight to him, and cut out the cheese. That's all that's needed really.

you're kidding with the zanuka right. most of the time it dies before it can move right after it spawns ._.

I agree with the stalker though i kinda get excited only because I'm still hoping he drops his Hate blueprints. Also have not seen him use abilities on the very rare occasions he spawns to claim a bounty ._. (only to always fail, sad)

EDIT:
He used to spawn and do this,
m3q3.gif
and ppl were crying for a nerf.

Edited by faiznorizan

He at least needs a better entrance. hes not too much of a stalker if he announces himself and slowly appears in front of everyone. We should feel stalked when stalked by stalker. The manic does a better job at stalking.

He should be like a slower, more powerful and calculated manic

1-shot him with your powerful gun and he is easy and not scary at all.

Fight him with a low level equipment and Mods and he is Powerful and Scary as hell.

He spawns at least at level 30, if you dont have any mods in a gun you are leveling, be ready to chip his health bit-by-bit and dodge a LOT.

Edited by Kao-Snake

1-shot him with your powerful gun and he is easy and not scary at all.

Fight him with a low level equipment and Mods and he is Powerful and Scary as hell.

He spawns at least at level 30, if you dont have any mods in a gun you are leveling, be ready to chip his health bit-by-bit and dodge a LOT.

True and if you don't kill him fast enough he will show you what abilities he got on him and when he does that you will cry! 

Stalker was pretty creepy for me back in the days (single digit update days), my first encounter with him creeped me the heck out when I saw the lights flickering and the whispering was icing on the cake. I couldn't even do Solo missions anymore because of that (the atmosphere back then was much different than it is today, darker rooms and shiz). But now that we have all these one shot weapons he's not that threatening anymore.

my heart still accelerate every time he appears after me, i already have all of his weapons and stance, and he's still an exiting assassin to encounter.

zanuka is meh... i have to stay still  so it can capture me

the g3 are my nemesis >_> i still dont have the reciever...

He recently got a few new skills, like invisibility, Oberon reckoning and he can even revive himself with a small amount of HP, but nevertheless he should scale with your conclave rating like G3 and most bosses do.

FTFY

He uses Ash's Smoke Screen and he cant revive himself because by implying reviving it means his HP reaches 0, when it gets to 10% he kneels and runs.

Unless you mean when we get him with an overkill and he gets downed like any other player but vanishes after 5 seconds or so.