Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Tenno Safe Trading Tips

This may sound... odd, but why not just add a text field for kubrows where it blatantly lists the breed in addition to the icon?

Those icons can get pretty confusing, and when pressed for time, you don't really want to open up a web browser and dig up the relevant page on a wiki.

Just saying.  Less confusion is a good thing.

Isn't it?

Edited by DeMeritus

One of the most important tips of trading that's always overlooked is to never be afraid of backing out of a fishy deal. If a Tenno behaves suspiciously, e.g. has username in barcode (e.g. ||IIllIII!!!!) or a random string of alphabets (e.g. asqwehskadlk), or tries to change the agreed-upon deal last minute, don't be afraid to cancel the trade, ignore the fellow and continue on with your life painting happy little clouds with the blood of the Grineer. #CorpusMasterRace

• 1 month later...

This one is more common sense, but be aware of what you're actually buying. I've has situation where I thought I was buying a t10 mod buy I was actually buying a t9. The cost of fusion cores or duplicate mods to get it to t10 greatly increases the price range.

So if you want a t10 mod, make sure you're actually buying what you're paying for.

I use wftrading.net to check the prices of stuff in the trading tab. If you check prices on the site, you'll be surprised at how many people are trying to rip you off. 

I mean I know where to go, I just don't know how to trade.

If you have invited a player to a dojo or vice versa, approach a Trading Post and hit "x" to activate. A window will appear with the available players to trade with, once the desired player is selected, you may begin to place items in for trade. 

Trading post image: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/c/cc/Trading_Post.png/revision/latest?cb=20150119021515

Another option, if you do not have access to a Dojo, is to go to Maroo's Bazaar on Earth. There you can trade by holding down your gear button (default "Q") and selecting "enable vendor mode". Players will approach you if looking to trade. 

I hope this was helpful :)

If you have invited a player to a dojo or vice versa, approach a Trading Post and hit "x" to activate. A window will appear with the available players to trade with, once the desired player is selected, you may begin to place items in for trade. 

Trading post image: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/c/cc/Trading_Post.png/revision/latest?cb=20150119021515

Another option, if you do not have access to a Dojo, is to go to Maroo's Bazaar on Earth. There you can trade by holding down your gear button (default "Q") and selecting "enable vendor mode". Players will approach you if looking to trade. 

One question in the last few weeks more and more people have been banned because they traded for plat. and because the person who gave them the plat. couldn't/didn't want to pay his bills the plat. gets removed from the account they gave the plat to, this results into negative plat for someone who sold something and gets him banned. Is there a way around this, like wait a week because than DE can remove plat from your account anymore or something like this?

Edited by Inertzia

If the two of you are actually visible to each other.

Total newbie question, but when trading prime parts do you trade the blueprint for a part or you build the part yourself and trade that?

items that are traceable are tradable as dropped/bought - so if it drops as a blueprint that is what is tradable. Also IIRC weapons must be unranked.

One question in the last few weeks more and more people have been banned because they traded for plat. and because the person who gave them the plat. couldn't/didn't want to pay his bills the plat. gets removed from the account they gave the plat to, this results into negative plat for someone who sold something and gets him banned. Is there a way around this, like wait a week because than DE can remove plat from your account anymore or something like this?

If you or a friend of yours has negative plat please contact support.warframe.com. 

If the two of you are actually visible to each other.

Yes! Thank you, very true. 

Yeah it's still a relay so it's instanced by region, and inviting to a dojo is easier than telling people to change their region to match yours.

Also true! :) 

Hey anyways we can get all kubrow stuff written out when trading. Im slightly color blind and the black looks the same as the purple. I have a dog (to my understanding) that is green/green/purple but for the most part i cant tell and have to go off of what other people tell me. like if it could be blntinly written out as "hek green" or so on and so forth it would be super lovely for us who cannot have a way to tell from an imprint.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NinjaFresh007

It would help if there was a 'lock trade' button that both players had to do and then you both have to 'Confirm' the trade, like most sensible online games have been doing for years now.

WarFrame should not be built in a vacuum.  Pay attention to what your competitors are doing (or have done).

Edited by NinjaFresh007

It would help if there was a 'lock trade' button that both players had to do and then you both have to 'Confirm' the trade, like most sensible online games have been doing for years now.

WarFrame should not be built in a vacuum.  Pay attention to what your competitors are doing (or have done).

Uh, there is a two-step confirmation.

You need to check the box to submit, then once both players have checked their boxes the confirm button comes up and both people need to click it.

If somebody changes their trade after the first step, the boxes uncheck so the confirm button can't be hit.

Whats terrible is that trading chat is this toxic. I still the the best course of action is to remove the human element from trading preventing all of these scams.

Auction Hall/Player Market is the solution.

Trade chat is much better these days thanks to the new updates.  Much harder to scan people and honestly, I love the trade chat.  Wheeling and dealing for pieces and flipping sets is exciting especially when you catch a really good deal.  The Warframe trade market is a living dynamic thing that changes slowly or rapidly over time.  Plus it's still funny to giggle at people who post outrageous prices for common items. 

Hey anyways we can get all kubrow stuff written out when trading. Im slightly color blind and the black looks the same as the purple. I have a dog (to my understanding) that is green/green/purple but for the most part i cant tell and have to go off of what other people tell me. like if it could be blntinly written out as "hek green" or so on and so forth it would be super lovely for us who cannot have a way to tell from an imprint.

I'll help you with your colors in the meantime - I sent you a ps4 message - 

Also there is a breeding community of over 800 maybe 900 now of all of the Games best Breeders, Buyer, Sellers (and Show-Offs) in there.   We all in one spot - check my psn profile to join it.   See ya there!

• 3 weeks later...

I think I was suspended from the trade channel because I said something like "WTS Homefront code :3" note I was being totally sarcastic. It's been more than two days, any help? DE support hasn't responded to my ticket

Hello, please wait on support to respond to your ticket, for further assistance, there's sadly nothing no one can do here for you. Good luck with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...