Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Is Everyone Ok With Survival Being The Opposite Of Fun Now?

hatetheory

20 minutes is not impossible thats nub level. It's the fact that you constantly have to run to the next support. It's EXTREMELY boring now. It won't be as bad with friends but just hosting random pubs omg

Rushing from capsule to capsule with a sense of urgency is boring?

Generally trying to make a goal under time pressure is the opposite of boring. I can't imagine how having more pressure and things to pay closer attention to could be boring. At least under my understanding of the definition of the word boring being something that is not engaging and that does not require attention.

So u would rather run around and collect nonsense rather then actually fight?

I think the problem is we need a real survival mode instead of this lame game type.

The point is that you fight WHILE you run from capsule to capsule. Then you fight more at the capsule. Survival being both from the enemies trying to kill you directly, and them trying to kill you via shutting off life support. There is no "run around instead of fightng" it's run around WHILE fighting. Get it right.

Edited by Ashnal

I haven't really enjoyed Survival since the A/B/C loot rotations were added.

Having to throw down a definite 20 minutes, 40 minutes, maybe 60 minutes at a time to get whatever arbitrarily landed on C is just a new kind of RNG pain in the !.

They've done a lot of good with the loot lately, especially in making rewards cumulative rather than this-one-and-go-or-risk-it-for-next-one.  The loot rotations, though... not a fan.  Not a fan since day 1.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

So u would rather run around and collect nonsense rather then actually fight?

I think the problem is we need a real survival mode instead of this lame game type.

You think camping in one spot the whole time is fun? Why even play this game then?

Implying survival was ever fun

I'm maybe remembering it wrong but it was fun. Waaaay back during the event that first introduced it. Although back then they used the Xini map for the mode and so you were always under attack by enemies streaming in. Life support was abundant (after a hotfix) so all we cared about was mass vermin extermination (until they reached higher levels cause back then everything had armour). It was fun. It was pretty much defense but without having to babysit some sleeping beauty. It was pure krush kill destroy until our damage fell off.

Edited by WhisperByte

From the OP's post it sounds like survival is pretty much working as intended now. We probably won't see much more than minor tweaks for a while. I haven't tested since they changed it again today, but from what I have heard it sounds like people are going as far as they want, but using the LS Capsules and moving around has become a bit more important. So, working as intended. 

Don't get your panties in a bunch, they're adjusting to get a balance in spawn. We are in Beta, finding the "just right" porridge is a process, not some magical thing.

Their just right is MUCH different than our just right.

Think for a second what they can do if they can indirectly cause enemies to spawn less, therefore drop less, therefore less affinity and resource rates, therefore less LS drops, and finally less time able to be spent in mission because you ran out of life support which gives you less prime part drops.

I am REALLY annoyed with DE at the moment.

From the OP's post it sounds like survival is pretty much working as intended now. We probably won't see much more than minor tweaks for a while. I haven't tested since they changed it again today, but from what I have heard it sounds like people are going as far as they want, but using the LS Capsules and moving around has become a bit more important. So, working as intended. 

"Working as intended." 

I call BS on that. They use that as an excuse far too often.

Think for a second what they can do if they can indirectly cause enemies to spawn less, therefore drop less, therefore less affinity and resource rates, therefore less LS drops, and finally less time able to be spent in mission because you ran out of life support which gives you less prime part drops.

"Working as intended." 

I call BS on that. They use that as an excuse far too often.

At least Nekros makes a welcome return (i mean mandatory return) hooya !

Edited by fatpig84

For Warframe, their "just right" > any of ours though. They have a vision for how Survival should be played and they're going to do it, regardless of what we say.

Look at what happened to tower defense games, they made it more "fun" by throwing in more enemies to kill but now, standard extraction at Wave 40 is a thing of that past.

Why do people who don't find the game fun continue to play and whine on forums?

Is it cool to just bash WF for the hell of it or what? If you don't enjoy the majority of content now, is not going to get much better.

It's to find what is getting old for the community and what they would need to redo or add to fix that.

I always felt survival could be done better but its not bad having to move around, i just dislike the timer based rewards. Although its a great way to keep track of when you need to take a break from warframe, (lol take a break pshh) its such a heart break to find out you have to grind out an extra 20 mins. But how else would this be done, kill count based maybe? And if anyone wants to stay in one place and kill, play defense cx

Why do people who don't find the game fun continue to play and whine on forums?

Is it cool to just bash WF for the hell of it or what? If you don't enjoy the majority of content now, is not going to get much better.

Because we invested money into this game and we want it to be the best it can be!

We love the concept but not the current direction!

We don't want it to suck horribly!

Because we invested money into this game and we want it to be the best it can be!

We love the concept but not the current direction!

We don't want it to suck horribly!

If you have suggestions/feedback then post it into feedback.

You found a bug, post it into the bugsection.

Crying, whining and ranting in general discussion helps noone.

And people also should learn to talk for themselfs and not for the whole community.

I find the reaction of the PC tenno to the surival change bad. The change was a failure and they reverted it fast and are working on it.

They recieved some good feedback but it was burried by complains and simple rageing.

I fear that such reactions will scare the devs even more from the forums. We are the vocal part of the community and should think bevor we post to provide feedback wich helps the developers.

Edited by (PS4)Prisma144