Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Times When People Have Mistaken Your Build For Something Else

This is dedicated to all those times where other random public players have mistakenly assumed you're built for one thing when in fact you have built it for something else. And they continue to message in chat or through mic asking you to perform function A when you aren't built for function A, and you have to explain it to them (which may cause them to get peeved off because they are awaiting for you to type in your response if you aren't on mic).

So to give you an example I will start.

When I use my Nekros. and I have 2 builds. One is the good ol' desecrate build and the other is for surviving and it's SOS augment build which is inefficient for desecrating but gives my Nekros incredible survivability (because he is so squish otherwise).

As I normally go into games myself, I tend to bring my SOS build so I can survive when solo. So sometimes when I jump into a PUG with other players for example on Seimeni, players will start asking me to desecrate. I can't really spam desecrate with this build and the other players get confused, and sometimes they get down right offensive. So I have to explain that I have a SOS build for survivability, and sometimes they still don't understand what that is and keep asking me to desecrate.

PS. Most of the time people are understanding once I tell them my build, but every once in awhile you get that guy who will go off on me for not having a Nekros that can spam desecrate.

Do you have similar experiences? I'm curious to know.

Edited by (XB1)Lorewalker1022

I have the exact same problem. Being told to spam desecrate and me proceeding to tell them I am a lord of death using minions to turn myself into an unstoppable tank that was born in the shadows, not raised in them. 

Then they say ah, ok. Thanks for tanking

or

they quit

I still haven't met anyone who'd order me to use my Excal's Exalted Blade and start swinging it forever. Probably because people are sick of his spams already lol. I mainly run my Excal without efficiency mods while balancing his other stats and only use Exalted Blade when I need to.

I am a limbo user. My general build can attract a lot of hate because people see a troll. what they don't take time to learn is that if your banished you Regen energy and can literally roll and get out of banishment. With the right mods banishment even restores 25% of your health.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

I tend to build my frames for whatever suits my fancy so I get that a lot.

Sometimes people expect me to be a speed Nova when I'm built for AMD. Sometimes they expect me to have lots of duration for Volt and Frost, but I'm built for strength. Sometimes they expect me to be a Peacemaker Mesa, but I'm built for duration, not strenght (plus I have ridiculously low FPS so I'd rather kill stuff faster with my guns instead, lmao). Sometimes they expect me to be a blind Mirage, when I'm just a nuke Mirage. Sometimes they expect me to be an EV Trinity when I'm just a Link/Blessing Trinity... Lots of examples come to mind.

Edited by MartianJellyfish

Never happened to me and any of my builds but i remember recruiting an ev trin for NM Raid and once we got in the mission the guy says "I didn't bring my ev build" long story short we somehow made it to the last part but failed because no one had energy because we all used our pads for part 2 >>

How close do you have to be for that?

I know it's pretty damn useful but the range requirement kind of kills it.

I did that in one of the Treasury Ships Alerts, it was Spy, I decided to pug it. It was me(Ash), a Nekros, a Volt and Saryn. Cue me in chat saying: "Smoke Shadow, get close." And the whole team getting near and getting smoked.