Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Times When People Have Mistaken Your Build For Something Else

A lot of people think I noob Mesa by using peacemaker, when in reality I use Staggeshield for the 99% bullet defense

And people mistake my valkyr for Hysteria, when in reality I build for straight HP, as much as I can put on, yes, even redirection

For the longest time, even before both buffs Frost has received, I've always much preferred an offensive max range+efficiency with some power strength build. Offensive Frost just works so well.

I can't tell you how many games I joined where people fussed at me (some even got angry) for not using Snow Globe. Even when I froze entire rooms for several seconds (and could keep refreezing) because of that old bug with Overextended, people still thought Snow Globe was his only good ability.

edit: I tried to tell them, but the idea of a non-Snow Globe build was just inconceivable.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Back when you could take abilities off. I would always play a dive bomb Zephyr because its hilarious and fun. And the guy on Secura Pluto taxied his friend and kept asking for tornados and could not understand I didn't have it equipped. And would not shut up about how good it is and how much dive bomb sucks. I wished for friendly fire in that game.

And my dive bombs bring all the boys to the yard... Damn right

I only play as a regen molt / Melee Hybrid saryn yet they expect me to nuke all the time

I dont play Draco any more because its filled with no skill Mesa & ash ult spammers

I wished for friendly fire in that game.

Radiation proc castanas my friend...

I wished for friendly fire in that game.

Radiation proc castanas my friend...

Oh, the woes of the Duration Mesa players. How I know your pain. Nevermind the fact that we're giving everyone constant revolving CC and damage boosts. They just want to sit around on their shiny asses >_>

Also: Shoutout to the other Undying Saryns that are meant to stay alive forever, and not just nuke everything <3

And let's not forget the Shield Tank/Fracture Mag players that still get yelled at by the majority of the playerbase.

I applaud anyone that gets creative and has fun outside of the lazy, monotonous meta.

For the longest time, even before both buffs Frost has received, I've always much preferred an offensive max range+efficiency with some power strength build. Offensive Frost just works so well.

I remember, before the Frost rework, how fun it was to build minimum duration on that max range Frost. Snow Globe was hilarious as instant mass CC. Well, now you can blow up the globes and do something similar, but the old way meant not blocking shots until you throw a Freeze. Still haven't gotten used to not being able to fire and forget the things, though.

When people expect my tank/melee build volt to be pure duration speed volt.

What's the tank variant? I build for Speed to be a slightly glassy melee, but a non-squishy option sounds like a good time.

I applaud anyone that gets creative and has fun outside of the lazy, monotonous meta.

Actually, that's an interesting thing to say... I used to think Warframe had no good meta, but in a sense, this is it. Finding certain devastatingly effective combinations that don't have to sacrifice all fun or put the frame on autopilot to roll unbelievable amounts of face.

If I had the right mods and a forma or two I'd play duration Mesa a bit more. So little forma and time, though...

My Mag weirdly has the most berserker-like playstyle of all my frames. Shieldtanking is immortal up until the 35 minute difficulty spike, so besides polarizing the room to death I just rush in and hammer nullies with a Jat Kittag or something... still need to test Fracturing out, though, it sounds like a blast.

I just yell: SMOKE TIME, mark the spot and team gets close.

Just saying, though - a team that actually communicates well enough to make use of Smoke Shadow is as rare as a Smoke Shadow build. Unless you mean you play the guy exclusively with friends.

Bounce Mine Vauban when expected to be vortex vauban.

"Dude, why aren't you using vortex?! You're lucky no enemies are showing up."
"Come here and look at this."
"...Lol. Keep up the good work."

Literally set up soooo many bounces in one spot, it becomes an impassable wall for enemies.

Then I repeat at a second point.

Edited by VocalMagic

Duration Mesa, blind Mirage outside of raids, blind Excal, Seeking Shuriken Ash, Firequake pure CC Ember with no str and max duration/range.

( That last build is completely stupid and doesn't work by the way. )

Using self-buffs/CC/utilities and actually shooting things with your guns is apparently considered weird.

Edited by TotallyLagging

No one said anything, probably didn't even notice, but once I took Banshee to Infested Mobile Defense armed only with a Dragon Nikana. Spammed Silence with no range mods. It was ridiculously fun, and the match ended with my having taken 0% damage and top damage and kills.

230410_screenshots_2015-07-20_00001.jpg

No one said anything, probably didn't even notice, but once I took Banshee to Infested Mobile Defense armed only with a Dragon Nikana. Spammed Silence with no range mods. It was ridiculously fun, and the match ended with my having taken 0% damage and top damage and kills.

230410_screenshots_2015-07-20_00001.jpg

Silence is INSANE CC.

Glad to see other people notice it, too.

I play a Frost with duration.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt.

Then they realized their Peace Maker Mesa was doing triple it's base damage.

With Freeze Force. And it is a buff that last 40+ seconds.

Then they shut up.

A strong globe or chilling globe is fine if you are going for 60 to 80 waves.

But if you are going for 40 waves, might as well shoot harder amirite ?