Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De You Got Some Competition

noveltyhero

Black Ops 3 is pretty enjoyable minus the technical difficulties:

28thulj.jpg

I mean, yeah it is still CoD, but from somebody who hasn't gotten into any CoD game since MW (dem mods) and MW2 Black Ops 3 is pretty fun. Not too sure why people love to give it trash but it is hella fun :D

Anybody else play it? What do you think?

Based on the reviews this has gotten on Steam, don't think it's going to be much of a competition.

Yeah read the reviews before I played the game and I find most of them inaccurate and ignorant. It is a beta not a "try our game for free" thing. So I'd excuse it from what most people gave it negative for and that is the slight stutter on highest settings and SMAA and slight server lag when lots of things are going on.

Yeah I agree about the "completely different games" thing. I hope there is more competition on this F2P shooter scene though.

Honestly, I'm slowing getting back into the shooter genre. Blacklight: Retribution is 10x better now, Destiny is enjoyable but CoD? Well...let's see how BO3 fairs when it's released. 

I'm afraid I haven't played it and after my experience with the original, I decided they were not for me.

Are those knock-off Rollers?

That got a good chuckle. They do look like the equivalent of a roller, don't they?

I came away as i do most years i try cod.Underwhelming arena Dm which imho still hasn't gotten anywhere near as good as Quake was ages ago.Huge production budget goes into big name actors whilst leaving the gameworld bland and tiny.Right now i'm guessing they haven't got the talent to roll out new game tech but they sure as hell could pay to use something more up to date.

TLDR Same old generic Dm.Happy Christmas for Activision.

Honestly, I'm slowing getting back into the shooter genre. Blacklight: Retribution is 10x better now, Destiny is enjoyable but CoD? Well...let's see how BO3 fairs when it's released. 

I'm curious to see if they add any interesting maps. Most of the problems are outlined here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4b52ZHcHzY 

As said in the video, the biggest problem I've found (and this is something more prominent in Warframe too -.-") is the map isn't as open as you think. Random walls you cannot wallrun up, invisible walls etc.

i.e on the void defense tile you cannot go all the way up anymore you get teleported back down.

People just give COD sh1t because they more or less release the same game every year, have a rabid fanbase that insists other wise, and they charge upwards of 80 clams for it too.

I mean, 80 bucks for what is more or less DLC? Come on now.T

That being said, Advanced Warfare isn't bad. Brings enough new stuff to the table that it doesn't completely feel like another very average cash cow.

We'll have to see how blops 3 fares

Edited by StinkyPygmy

People just give COD sh1t because they more or less release the same game every year, have a rabid fanbase that insists other wise, and they charge upwards of 80 clams for it too.

I mean, 80 bucks for what is more or less DLC? Come on now.T

That being said, Advanced Warfare isn't bad. Brings enough new stuff to the table that it doesn't completely feel like another very average cash cow.

I see that point but nobody forces people to buy it xD

I just feel like there is a large margin especially on PC of players that get their pitchforks at the very sound of Call of Duty.

Stuck on PC, generally inclined to believe that the COD games don't give much of a toss about the PC, will stick to Warframe and other games.

I heard Erebus say BLR is good now? Despite all the PWE crap?

I tried BLR 2 years ago and yeah...never again.

Went into zombie mode and got shot, dafuq? I'll keep an eye however.