Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto Excalibur Helmet Cannot Receive Arcane Enhancements.

DeMonkey

here's a great idea/solution 

GET RID OF ARCANE STATS HAVING TO BE ATTACHED TO COSMETICS LIKE HELMS/SYNDANAS

srsly tho DE, guys, come on, you already went down this road once and it was considered a horrible idea, why are you trying to hamfist it down our throats again? if you still want the Trial/raid rewards to be 'arcanes' with lil random stat boosts whatevs (but IMHO that's a pretty horrible idea) then AT LEAST give us a different UI interface and remove them from having to be attached to cosmetics

sorry but its not Preset atribute that influence on the cosmetic choice...

therefore its totally different

sorry but its not Preset atribute that influence on the cosmetic choice...

therefore its totally different

im sry that u cannot see/understand the similarity

yes the 'arcanes' are manually attached to a helm/syndana instead of being built in like the legacy helmets

BUT

it still REQUIRES a cosmetic helm/syndana, THIS IS THE PROBLEM, ie u cannot use a new 'arcane' without using an alt helm or a syndana

that is the problem

and its not about $$$ or plat, some ppl dont want to glue a dozen things onto their warframe, they like the original artistic design b4 DE lost their minds with add-on cosmetics, why is DE punishing these players?

dont get me wrong, if ppl want to rock 'armor' and scarves and whatevs, more power to them, but DE should NOT be requiring players to barbie-doll-up their frames just to use these new 'arcanes' =/

dont get me wrong, if ppl want to rock 'armor' and scarves and whatevs, more power to them, but DE should NOT be requiring players to barbie-doll-up their frames just to use these new 'arcanes' =/

First time I've heard this point, and it's a fair one.

Another day another 'Proto helmet isn't enchantable' thread.

Well, if the Nemesis Nyx helmet is enchantable like he says (Wouldn't know, don't have an arcane enchantment to use on any helmet, though I have both of them), it does seem a bit unfair.

DE already knows. Rebecca said it was an issue with how the Proto helmet is registered in the game's files. It's not counted as a helmet. 

Went and found the quote: 

Time permitting we'll bring this up and see if dev can clarify, but Proto/Nemesis Helmets don't seem to exist 'under the hood' the same way other Alt Helmets do.

Edited by Strapher

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i do not know if this is intentioned or not. I think its a bug, but if its intentioned, im sorry, i didnt know. The thing is that i cant add any arcane enchantment to my proto excal helmet. can anyone shed some light on the matter and tell me if its intentioned or if its a bug and if/when are DE going to fix it?

Thanks ^^

good feedback on the proto excal helm and I will add that to the list of improvement for the arcane system. Lets group up in numbers and try to have DE improve the whole arcane enhancement UI aspect of the game. Check out my thread and suggestions on how to improve quality of life with arcane enhanecments 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/468813-quality-of-life-suggestions-for-arcane-enhancement-management-w-pics/

Edited by 7Lions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As the title says, i cant appear to find Excal Proto Helm in the list when i try to infuse arcanes from the foundry. Could anyone help solve this issue? Perhaps am i at the wrong place to ask such question? Thanks in advance.

Because Excal Proto helm is not exactly a separate skin from Proto Armor? AFAIK, only craftable (either bought or crafted) helm is infusable.

thank you my friend for the explanation. i thought all the helms can be infused.. xD

Yet another example of why the whole arcane system should be made independent of cosmetics

yeah i gotta agree with you, i dont know why they have to implement arcane with such restrictions.