Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maxing Range On Frost

Ifeno

Question

I'm hesitant to max my Range mod on Frost because I've watched a number of videos warning about making your Snow Globe too big.  Is this false information?  Should I max it?  If not, what's the ideal Rank to get Stretch to?

16 answers to this question

I just put a maxed Stretch on and let people deal with it. At least from what I've seen the mini-Snow Globe meta kinda faded after Corrupted Bombards were added to the Void. Also Ice Wave benefits greatly from range post-rework, and a little more area of coverage on Avalanche never hurts.

Rangemaxed Snow Globe is actually very useful in Defense against Infested (ODD, for example) and on any Interception mission. Could be used as utility on Hijack. It is also pretty decent against the damn explosions.

Globe's range depends on what you're against and your playstyle. My experience is this:

If Grineer starmap/T3/T4

Go for 130% range (to protect from bombard rockets and grenades explosions, but keep an eye out for void moas).

If Corpus/T1/T2

Keep it 130% if you want the globe to contain the squad.

Or 70-100% if that's not needed (careful with railgun moas, cause they can shoot thru the globe).

Infested

I'd go all out with range and get it up as much as needed (globe augment is handy).

Ice Wave is pretty good against infested as well.

Tho, keep a decent duration, so that the slow effect is longer.

I use a set of mods that gives me max range but at the same time keep everything else balanced (But strength is still 95%).
I use max range so that the chilling globe augment will have a use, and it is VERY effective with max range.

Globe's range depends on what you're against and your playstyle. My experience is this:

If Grineer starmap/T3/T4

Go for 130% range (to protect from bombard rockets and grenades explosions, but keep an eye out for void moas).

If Corpus/T1/T2

Keep it 130% if you want the globe to contain the squad.

Or 70-100% if that's not needed (careful with railgun moas, cause they can shoot thru the globe).

Infested

I'd go all out with range and get it up as much as needed (globe augment is handy).

Ice Wave is pretty good against infested as well.

Tho, keep a decent duration, so that the slow effect is longer.

What do you mean keep a decent duration for slow? Duration has no effect on colds effects duration. it's 6 seconds.

And my build is Max Transient Fort, Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Stretch, R4 Fleeting, R4 Streamline and R5 Intensify.

This gives me a better sprint speed while also increasing my armor and my globes health. This gives me a lot of survivability as well. But that's just my build.

And I would NEVER use him in infested it's such a waste of space... Id only use him if he was all I had but Id have no need to use globe because most people are smart in infested missions and just hang out on ledges shooting them from afar. SO in infested I'd stick with Ice Wave and Avalanche

Edited by rawr1254

What do you mean keep a decent duration for slow? Duration has no effect on colds effects duration. it's 6 seconds.

And my build is Max Transient Fort, Armored Agility, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Stretch, R4 Fleeting, R4 Streamline and R5 Intensify.

This gives me a better sprint speed while also increasing my armor and my globes health. This gives me a lot of survivability as well. But that's just my build.

And I would NEVER use him in infested it's such a waste of space... Id only use him if he was all I had but Id have no need to use globe because most people are smart in infested missions and just hang out on ledges shooting them from afar. SO in infested I'd stick with Ice Wave and Avalanche

Duration has effect on Frost powers, meaning that the more duration you have on your Frost, the longer are Frost's chill and freeze procs from his abilities.

Take your Armored Agility, it doesn't have enough additions to neither sprint speed nor armor.

It's not enough to be considerable. Especially for sprint. Just Bullet Jump your way through, look up tutorials on how to move fast, if you properly chain your second jump with sliding and rolling you can jump through whole open tiles in second or 2.

Lastly, Frost is good against infested in defense missions, since he slows down the infested as they charge in. He can provide cover for your ledges as well since you have ancients who can pull you down, as well as moas who attack from distance.

BTW man, CHILL out, no need to jump on ppl like that.

Ice wave impedance cold floor, freeze and its ice patches, and avalanche's freeze duration are affected by duration (ice wave impedance floor and avalanche's freeze lasting 8 seconds without mods affecting duration.

OT: if your team wants some extra space to move around and do something like use the lasers, max range can work, but if it's essentially just you or everyone's hugging the pod, then just stretch will be fine

TLDR:

Stretch for Void + Grineer

No range mods for Corpus, unless using IWI/CG then Stretch.

Max range for Infested and Raids/Hijacks

The reasoning behind this is that Grineer/Void has Bombards and/or Napalms, so you want a little extra range on SG so that the AoE does not fully penetrate the Globe. For Corpus, the attack range of Moa's is within a Stretched globe - they run into the globe and start shooting, which is very bad for your team/objective. So dropping Stretch means they start attacking from outside the Globe, saving the team/objective. For Infested, you want the largest range possible so teammates are within the globe and have room to maneuver.

For Hijacks, you want as much range as possible to cover the moving objective for as long as possible. Be sure to recast the globe from *within* your current globe to have the health added to the new globe. 

The reasons is bad to max range in frost:

Only because of  your snow globe 3rd skill.

It depends on power strength. Overextended kills it.

If it is too big, the moment people or creep come in it become a mess. You are trappend with crazy angry mob.

you msut always prioritize killing things before they enter the shield.

The reasons is bad to max range in frost:

Only because of  your snow globe 3rd skill.

It depends on power strength. Overextended kills it.

If it is too big, the moment people or creep come in it become a mess. You are trappend with crazy angry mob.

you msut always prioritize killing things before they enter the shield.

Actually, you aren't trapped anymore like that...Snowglobe freezes and throws out enemies inside its range on its initial cast so you aren't finding yourself stuck in a swarm like before. Not to mention avalanche gives some breathing room too