The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

I also vote for bulk potato/forma packs, because realistically that's where the money's at

as an incentive to consider this idea...

does anybody remember robot rising?

yes? no?

it's because THEY PRICED THEIR STUFF TOO HIGH

side note: whoever claims color packs are fairly priced...I don't get that the color packs cost more than the potatoes, especially when many games let you recolor for free because this feature does not involve any sort of deluxe service, and i'm not paying five bucks just to unlock a color palette that actually has primary colors when those should be the defaults instead of the strange offcolor options the starting lineup uses

Edited by weirdee

after backreading these posts, i think i should clarify what the situation with robot rising, a free to play game, entailed

it was a game about how AIs became self aware and then wrecked havoc across earth, and the only faction willing to fight for a peaceful resolution is the faction your character has been created in, for that purpose

(so, kinda similar to this game's story, in the sense that the tenno are trying to piece together a more harmonious society by means of extreme violence)

this was presented in the form of a diablo-esque game, where instead of skill trees, your progression was based largely on tech research and production to arm increasingly dangerous robots

THIS GAME WAS SOLELY PVE but no co-op (although they did have a facebooky gifting mechanic, it was largely a leftover legacy feature), and right before the game was cut, there was attempts to create a faux PVP system that was basically a tower defense that needed a lot of reworks (similar to say, EA's castle raiding game)

in any case, I attribute the primary failure for this game was that the cash shop was utterly inaccessible to anybody who even made a cursory price comparison between grinding and paying. were there people who ignored all that and dumped a lot of cash in the game? yes, many users on the boards claimed to have spent a lot during the discussion post shut down announcement. was it enough to sustain the game? apparently not for who bought them.

it was tencent, the game company THAT OWNS LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

tl;dr: robot rising was actually a fun, well made game even WITH the beta flaws, and high pricing in the cash shop, regardless of who did spend money on it, was what killed its prospects of future profit, because claiming that since only part of the playerbase matters, that the entire community should be ignored in favor of them, is a TERRIBLE, SHORTSIGHTED WAY of looking at the situation

It seems like common sense to cater to the people that you have more of.

You should look at Vindictus, it does the same thing that Warframe is starting to do.

Vindictus has outrageous prices and outrageous RNG.

Among the community, there are several fairly well-known financially successful players and these players always buy whatever it is that Nexon sells, regardless of the price.

Vindictus has a terrible enhancement and enchantment system. Enhancement goes up to 15 and sometimes it's impossible to even get past +5. If you manage to get up to +8, you risk destroying your weapon completely from then on. There are cash items you can buy to protect your weapon, to keep it from resetting in rank and losing durability. These cash items don't make you succeed, so if the enchancement fails, you're out 5 bucks. Yes, 5 bucks for an item that doesn't help you succeed.

Enchanting is pretty much the same way, it has these same cash items that go from 10-25 bucks, if I recall. The cheapest keeps your weapon from exploding, the next keeps both your weapon and enchant from exploding. The last one is a special one that they release on occasion, which is a complete 100% success. Pure Pay to Win at it's finest.

Nexon even makes you pay for event items in Vindictus, event items that are available for free in every other version of the game. Why do they do this? Because they're understaffed and the least profitable branch.

A quick look at Vindictus's cash shop and remaining community shows what group of people they're trying to cater to. And it's not helping them. At all.

Nexon are the scourge of the free to play market. They destroy pretty much every game they get their hands on with their ridiculous business models..

DE should read this thread.

They should implement these changes.

They should roll back ALL purchases.

They should move forward with a fairly priced game that will encourage more spending, more revenue for them, and more satisfaction for their customers.

It's that simple.

They should move forward with a fairly priced game that will encourage more spending, more revenue for them, and more satisfaction for their customers.

It's that simple.

You realize that rolling back all those purchases would actually be incredibly tricky, yeah?

It's that simple.

Even though i've spent a lot of Plat before i still don't think it's necessary for DE to rollback all the purchases. Maybe a decent amount of compensation would suffice.

I agree 235%. I WANT to give you my money DE but I can't! I want to benefit from th platinum but what I have left after I pay for everything isn't enough to even buy a gun...

When I won 1000 platinum I though "cool, now I don't have to pay for overprice items!" Now I'm just waiting for a 75% off coupon before I actually buy any platinum. I'd be more then happy to pay 5 bucks for 75 platinum if it actually meant something aside from potatoes but until I get a coupon to where I can pay 7.50 for 570 platinum I won't be paying anymore which sucks because you deserve my money but I just can't reward you for awful prices.

I can tell DE doesn't have that much interest in changing i. I may be wrong on this but. If they had an iterest they would have AT LEAST put their more recent items on sale at a reasonable price to test the waters. Gremli? 165. Miter? 210...

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

I think DE is afraid to fix their pricing b/c they're afraid people will get butthurt about having bought stuff when the prices were higher.

BTW,  I think it would be easier to lower the price of platinum across the board than to lower every single item's price individually.

That would be like complaining because a currencies value changes due to exchange rate after exchanging it for another currency. Can't please everyone.

I'm all up for cheaper platinum.

Edited by Lifeshield

The items are obtainable in game. If you choose to buy them, you need to expect to pay for them. Why even bother playing if I can buy every frame for a few dollars? Nothing to bother farming, nothing to bother working toward.

Furthermore, if you only have $5 or $10 left in an account after paying bills, an MMO is the LAST thing you need to be doing. I'm not saying I agree with their pricing, but I also hate rants like this about a cash shop that is 100% optional! You could play this game and obtain everything in it without spending a dime.

This topic is still relevant. The market prices are a joke and everyone gets the joke, even though it's being played on them.

DE refusing to address this issue honestly and directly makes me distrust them as a company. I know it's a Beta, I know they're a fledgling company and blah blah blah. But pricing all your products too high and then ignoring the situation is rude and counter-productive. The only things worth buying are slots and potatoes, bring the rest of your prices in line with these and people will stop complaining (for the most part, this is the internet after all) and will start purchasing.

Honesty is the best policy.

The items are obtainable in game. If you choose to buy them, you need to expect to pay for them. Why even bother playing if I can buy every frame for a few dollars? Nothing to bother farming, nothing to bother working toward.

Furthermore, if you only have $5 or $10 left in an account after paying bills, an MMO is the LAST thing you need to be doing. I'm not saying I agree with their pricing, but I also hate rants like this about a cash shop that is 100% optional! You could play this game and obtain everything in it without spending a dime.

I'd buy 3 of 1.5L cola even if it was 5$ for frame.

And I thought we're talking about economic, not "We won't play games if we can get roflframe for few dollars"?

It's that simple.

No its not.

the argument of trying to both have a game that respects the entirety of player progression to a fault to a level of tolerance similar to the beliefs of linus torvald, and a game that actually makes all their money on the basis of players that buy things from the cash shop that isn't primarily based on cosmetics because people seem to dislike cheapening the experience with random hats, is basically attempting to establish an impossible quantum state concerning a slice of cake

i am perfectly willing to let people buy their weapons for five bucks if they want to, because that has no bearing whatsoever on my own enjoyment, plus they level lock the weapons anyway so it's not as if you can hit endgame from money alone, much less learn how to play effectively

Edited by weirdee

• 3 weeks later...