Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grab Your Pitchforks Folks! (Vaykor Hek)

noveltyhero

guy #1 "Pitchforks! Get Your  Pitchforks Here!"

angry mob picks up pitch forks

guy #2 "Torches Right Here! Can't have an angry mob without torches!"

angry mob picks up torches

guy#3 "Cotton Candy! Get Your Cotton Candy!"

angry mob looks at him for a moment, then moves on

edit:

Edited by bowiespoon

Honestly I just like having aesthetically themed sets. I could've gotten Secura anything and I would've been happy. People worry too much about stats.

If DE would release a new Rifle that required 500 tellurium, 20k oxium and 100 argon, but does 10% more damage than Soma/Anything else in DPS people would go nuts over it.

"Omg this is HERESY!" *whilst farming argon*

Seriously though, am I the only one happy about the new Hek and cannot wait to try it out?

I felt like I had to post this because, well forums are kid of like youtube comments right now

GG Volvo wp

Nope! In fact I already put 3 forma in mine. Plan to put a couple more if needed.

Edited by nickelshark

guy #1 "Pitchforks! Get Your Pitchforks Here!"

angry mob picks up pitch forks

guy #2 "Torches Right Here! Can't have an angry mob without torches!"

angry mob picks up torches

guy#3 "Cotton Candy! Get Your Cotton Candy!"

angry mob looks at him for a moment, then moves on

Lol, just had to picture Darvo (with that accent) trying to quickly make a sale xD

can't +1 on phone :(

If DE would release a new Rifle that required 500 tellurium, 20k oxium and 100 argon, but does 10% more damage than Soma/Anything else in DPS people would go nuts over it.

"Omg this is HERESY!" *whilst farming argon*

I can't argue with that dude. My brother is annoyed by the fact that most of the time, weapons are only viewed as favourable if they can blow a guy's head off better than whatever the person is currently using.

As for me? While I do ascribe a bit to the ol' "bigger boom stick" philosophy, I still like aesthetics with my boom sticks. After all, people In my clan were all hyping about the Soma P, then I got it and was like, "It's nice...but meh". Then I got the Grakata and I liked it better. Then the Prisma Grakata came, and well...Bigger Boom Stick!

I'm confused by the choice of Hek when we already have Justice on the Hek.  I'm also puzzled as to why it only gets clip size and +15% crit chance which doesn't really compare +200% Multi-shot that the regular Hek gets with it's Justice mod.  Does it have any hidden stats that compensate such as reduced drop-off or faster charging Justice?  Right now I just don't see why a Steel Meridian supporter would bother with waiting until rank 5 to spend 125k on the Vaykor Hek instead of spending 25k at rank 4 on Scattered Justice.

I'm confused by the choice of Hek when we already have Justice on the Hek. I'm also puzzled as to why it only gets clip size and +15% crit chance which doesn't really compare +200% Multi-shot that the regular Hek gets with it's Justice mod. Does it have any hidden stats that compensate such as reduced drop-off or faster charging Justice? Right now I just don't see why a Steel Meridian supporter would bother with waiting until rank 5 to spend 125k on the Vaykor Hek instead of spending 25k at rank 4 on Scattered Justice.

Then don't get it?

It is not the first nor the last Syndicate weapon, missed opportunity? Maybe. But not everyone is unhappy with their choice, it is just that the ones that are, will be much much louder than the quiet ones playing the game with their new Vaykor Hek.

I am a supporter of SM, a big fan of the Hek (since release) and I will get it and probably enjoy it.

Just my €0.02

Then don't get it?

It is not the first nor the last Syndicate weapon, missed opportunity? Maybe. But not everyone is unhappy with their choice, it is just that the ones that are, will be much much louder than the quiet ones playing the game with their new Vaykor Hek.

I am a supporter of SM, a big fan of the Hek (since release) and I will get it and probably enjoy it.

Just my €0.02

I've got it.  I'm going to use it and see if I can think of a way to do something different with it.  I just don't understand why DE didn't do something different.  I mean, surely you already enjoy running around with a SM Hek?  I do.  My Valkyr build has Cleavers, V. Marelok and a Hek.  Now I have another Hek that goes boom, heals me & boosts my armour.  It feels a little redundant.

I've got it.  I'm going to use it and see if I can think of a way to do something different with it.  I just don't understand why DE didn't do something different.  I mean, surely you already enjoy running around with a SM Hek?  I do.  My Valkyr build has Cleavers, V. Marelok and a Hek.  Now I have another Hek that goes boom, heals me & boosts my armour.  It feels a little redundant.

I get that, I really do. But it doesn't mean that the community didn't blow this out of proportion, just by taking a look around the forums :/