Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Feel About A Summoner Frame? (Discussion)

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I'm pretty sure that's what DC thought when they voted for Necromancer concept... And yet we got a damn desecrate bot.

Fun fact: Bonedaddy's #2 was supposed to be Fear Totem. He was supposed to summon a totem that got enemies around it scared. They kinda scrapped the idea before the release.

Also I'm 83% sure that his #3 wasn't supposed to be Desecrate but something else. Just can't remember what it was

Edited by WhisperByte

Its unlikely to happen in a pur summoner fashion. but the idea of differing things with different abilities is a possibility. A summoner is off imo, because we have specters.

But if you summon an object (I think Cubit like things from Lineage) that alters your powers based on which you choose. The issue would be a possible of 4 different summons. which means 4 different skill sets. total of 12 powers (ignoring 1 slot each for the summon cancel) basically double Equinox. Probably double the parts to build too.

The issue would be a possible of 4 different summons. which means 4 different skill sets. total of 12 powers (ignoring 1 slot each for the summon cancel) basically double Equinox. Probably double the parts to build too.

First: we can have a frame with 4 different type of summons.

Second: we have each individual frame suited/ fitted per each summons a longs with their skill set.

Third: *i will think of one*

Not all has to be given to a single frame. (looking at Equinox), this is DE' chances to increase the frame counts!

Its unlikely to happen in a pur summoner fashion. but the idea of differing things with different abilities is a possibility. A summoner is off imo, because we have specters.

But if you summon an object (I think Cubit like things from Lineage) that alters your powers based on which you choose. The issue would be a possible of 4 different summons. which means 4 different skill sets. total of 12 powers (ignoring 1 slot each for the summon cancel) basically double Equinox. Probably double the parts to build too.

Why would each summon have more then one power

Why would each summon have more then one power

I was imagining it like a new set of skills for each, similar to Equinox. I'm not sure how you would control the summon otherwise, If you summon something it would need to replace a skill, at minimum 1 to cancel the summon and 1 for each power the summon had. If each summon only had 1 power it would be less powers I guess.

First: we can have a frame with 4 different type of summons.

Second: we have each individual frame suited/ fitted per each summons a longs with their skill set.

Third: *i will think of one*

Not all has to be given to a single frame. (looking at Equinox), this is DE' chances to increase the frame counts!

Guess I should have clarified the issue. The issue would be DE doing all that work for one. They mentioned with the discussion about the next frame that it won't be as complex as the past few (Chroma and Equinox) and be  straight forward like most other frames. I also speak from a business perspective, 1 frame with variety means more work for the same relative result.

Possibilities I see are:

1. My original where you summon and each has it's own powers (Equinox)

2. You summon and each power is pretty much the same but different element or something (Chroma)

3. Your single summon skill is based on your build or appearance (Chroma)

Option 1 is where there would be a lot of work involved, balance, etc. Option 2 would be much less work but would have little difference from Chroma other than being able to alter on the mission rather than via energy color before the mission, option 3 would make it even more like Chroma and less impressive.

Edited by Lightsmith

Really I think it will be one or the other when DE makes one, in fact one of the 4 we know they are working on MIGHT be is a Summoner.

Here are the three most likely in my book.

Beastlord summon animals and they fight for him. Can command enemy drahk and catbrows, and ferals as well as sharks abd skates, and birds when they are released.

Elementalist summons void-elementals that have powers based on their mixup. The most versitile probably.

Techmage summons constucts that fight for him, a Tenno Tech of sorts but with some unique tricks.

Can hijack corpus and orokin machines, turrets and doors.

All in all I am for this idea, anyone who have had spectres and friendly Moas will be into it, I am a confessed spectre.addict in Solo now.

Guess I should have clarified the issue. The issue would be DE doing all that work for one. They mentioned with the discussion about the next frame that it won't be as complex as the past few (Chroma and Equinox) and be  straight forward like most other frames. I also speak from a business perspective, 1 frame with variety means more work for the same relative result.

Possibilities I see are:

1. My original where you summon and each has it's own powers (Equinox)

2. You summon and each power is pretty much the same but different element or something (Chroma)

3. Your single summon skill is based on your build or appearance (Chroma)

Just to place both of us in the same paper, To me: a summon is similar to Nekros' #4. or the likes. and NOT similar or equal to equinox.

Meaning, A single frame can summon 4 different summons (4 different re-skinned specter if u like) or 4 different frame each more fitted/suitted per summons for max control etc (no example)

Edited by low1991

It'd have to be something unique to really work well though.

We already have Specters, both Tenno and for various enemies (Eximus as well, so they do provide some buffs), Kubrows, Sentinels, Shadows from Nekros, and "minion" style units that Nyx can mind control.

So whatever it summons, it has to be able to compete with all of these, while also have enough diversity in power to do more than just summon 4 different things.

It'd have to be something unique to really work well though.

We already have Specters, both Tenno and for various enemies (Eximus as well, so they do provide some buffs), Kubrows, Sentinels, Shadows from Nekros, and "minion" style units that Nyx can mind control.

So whatever it summons, it has to be able to compete with all of these, while also have enough diversity in power to do more than just summon 4 different things.

Summoner frame.. interestring.... howsabout we have it summon Warframes..?

Female version:
1. summon mini-trinity for N period. trinity will cast miniature version of "Blessing" every time she picks up energy ball
2. summon mini-saryn  for N period. saryn will cast miniature version of "Miasma" every time she picks up energy ball
3. summon mini-nyx  for N period, nyx will cast mini-chaos every time she picks up energy ball
4. summon mini nova for N period, nova will cast mini-Molecular Prime  every time she picks up energy ball

Male version (like above, because I'm a lazy cow):
1. oberon, casts Renewal

2. volt, casts speed

3. rhino, casts roar

4. nekros, casts desecrate

All powers are influenced by:
duration: length of mini-frame existance (duh)
range: range of mini caster-effect
strength: durabillity of mini frame

Team synergy - if there is a frame in the team that is the same as the one that is cast, the mini-frame will be a copy of the larger frame in : shield, armor, health, strength and duration mods (looks?)
If there are more of the same, miniframe will copy the one that is closest to the summoner.

Only one miniframe-per-summoner can be deployed at any given time. Having a team of four summoners should be interesting...

edit: miniframe will have braton, skana and lato.. unless team synergy kicks in, then it will use whatever the copied frame is using at the moment of casting...

Edited by ComCray

Female version:

1. summon mini-trinity for N period. trinity will cast miniature version of "Blessing" every time she picks up energy ball

2. summon mini-saryn  for N period. saryn will cast miniature version of "Miasma" every time she picks up energy ball

3. summon mini-nyx  for N period, nyx will cast mini-chaos every time she picks up energy ball

4. summon mini nova for N period, nova will cast mini-Molecular Prime  every time she picks up energy ball

Male version (like above, because I'm a lazy cow):

1. oberon, casts Renewal

2. volt, casts speed

3. rhino, casts roar

4. nekros, casts desecrate

We already have specters for the stated above ideas.

What we want is something non-warframe-like summons.

Naah, not the specters.. I was thinking more tiny guys like the noggles you can put in your liset... :p

Doubt will happen. If this whole summoner thing happens (YAY! for me), DE will mostly dis the use of small frames as the appearance of summons.

So called there's a human in each suit/frame theory.

So something fantasy, robotic, or mystical being should be alright.

If this whole thing happen, i can see the light of a turret frame (YAY again for me)