Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee Weapons Ideas

Deadshot408

Red Veil: Scoliac or maybe a Rakta Glaive. Scoliac for that infected theme and maybe bring whips back from the dead (besides atterax) but the glaive idea makes sense think about it, veil has a bow sidearm/primary why not a throwable melee weapon?

A dagger is more likely due to the whole assassins theme and since they like poison weapons I think the Karyst is a good choice for them.

Steel meridian: 2 ideas, Sword and sheild or Hammers (sword and sheild can represent defending the colonies and fighting back or hammer to crush the grineer army) Hammers like Fragor or maybe Magistar and for sword and sheild probably Ack and Brunt.

Personally I am hoping for a Vaykor Jat Kittag.

If the pattern holds you are right and it will be a new weapon. 

Likely it will do pure elemental magnetic dmg to start. I'm sure we will see a brand new Cephalon designed melee weapon a month or two before syndicate melees are released. 

maybe a Simulor/gammacore themed weapon? one that colapses when you sheath it

Ah but one thing to remember when it comes to Perrin sequence "Splintered from the corpus" meaning they would probably be a bit rebellious to use their iconic weapon (Prova)

And for the Loka i can see the magistar but have you seen the new loka? they dont really spark smash and smash with large weapon kinda idea in my mind. but like potato said above Ether weapons would work, such as Ether reaper a scythe that would deserve a buff.

still good ideas though

Yeah Perrin Sequence is a wild card that way. Considering Serro was a rebel weapon and the Perrin Sequence are sort of rebellious in a way, Serro might fight more. It's already a decent weapon too. Lecta seems unlikely though, I just don't think a whip is their style. 

As for Loka, Idk, I will admit just almost anything is possible for them. They are the wildcard syndicate. Those are just my two best guesses but I could be completely off. Unlike the others there is no clear pattern, and no clear theme. At least not one I have been able to discern. 

maybe a Simulor/gammacore themed weapon? one that colapses when you sheath it

If they keep current naming convention it will end with "or". Perhaps Sabulor? Haha. Yeah,  I have been hoping it will be a weapon like what you described, basically a tribute to the lightsaber. 

That may be wishful thinking, but man would that be cool. I would love that weapon. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

A dagger is more likely due to the whole assassins theme and since they like poison weapons I think the Karyst is a good choice for them.

Personally I am hoping for a Vaykor Jat Kittag.

Karyst would be very nice but its Tenno origin would the veil be able to obtain it?

and who doesnt want a better Jat but would DE do it..

Karyst would be very nice but its Tenno origin would the veil be able to obtain it?

and who doesnt want a better Jat but would DE do it..

I was of the impression that the Cernos and the Ballistica are tenno weapons too.

Regarding the Jat Kittag, a Vaykor version doesn´t need to be better, it could be a sidegrade, somehow like Vaykor Hek vs augmented Hek or Vectis vs Vectis Prime.

Edited by Kuestenjung

Obex/Serro could work but thing is Serro was a ship scrapper tool. would the perrin stoop to such low standards? to use a TOOL not a WEAPON?

Idk but when i think of the Loka i think of Purity and that sort like Pure rubidum (orthos prime, ether stuff, etc) but who knows

I was of the impression that the Cernos and the Ballistica are tenno weapons too.

oh that is a good point, but Cernos is Corpus. but Balistica is tenno.

Obex/Serro could work but thing is Serro was a ship scrapper tool. would the perrin stoop to such low standards? to use a TOOL not a WEAPON?

Idk but when i think of the Loka i think of Purity and that sort like Pure rubidum (orthos prime, ether stuff, etc) but who knows

oh that is a good point, but Cernos is Corpus. but Balistica is tenno.

Which is why I think of it more as just "red veil is stealth and will steal to get their hands on what they want from whoever they want it from". That's why I think it could be most daggers really. 

The only reason Serro would work is if they wanted to go with the "serro is for rebels/Perrin are sort of rebels" kind of thing. 

Which is why I think of it more as just "red veil is stealth and will steal to get their hands on what they want from whoever they want it from". That's why I think it could be most daggers really. 

The only reason Serro would work is if they wanted to go with the "serro is for rebels/Perrin are sort of rebels" kind of thing. 

Yea I can see it, but we gotta remember that Perrin are mainly merchants so when they need a weapon they want it to be compact/descreate i mean look at the description for Mara detron. Serro would work well for its folding mechanic but Obex for its size.

I think the lecta fits more to suda.

Suda is most likely getting a new cephalon weapon though. 

Yea I can see it, but we gotta remember that Perrin are mainly merchants so when they need a weapon they want it to be compact/descreate i mean look at the description for Mara detron. Serro would work well for its folding mechanic but Obex for its size.

Obex is Corpus so I guess it is possible, but it seems like it would be a very surprising choice. I think a lot of people would be upset. 

The Lecta is a strong possibility too, I shouldn't discount it so easily. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Here are my picks:

Vaykor Jat Kittag

Rakta Hate

Telos Venka

Synoid Plasma Sword

Sancti Redeemer

Secura Lecta

I wanted to select a unique weapon category for each and I think they all fit fine

I'm sorry, but where do you get the idea that the Arbiters would be using the Venka?

Not seeing the New Loka comparison. The whole temple thing sure, but then you jumped straight to harvest. So far, they seem to be planting, but not reaping, as they see the overgrown Earth as a safe haven. Not to mention, Ether Reaper is made form the same material as the Ether Sword. Th eblades are not so much "pure" as they are "sharp" and were mainly used for acts of mercy. New Loka seems to have a heavier reliance on  more rustic themed alternatives. The temple trap castanas and the double-barreled shotgun. If anything, they'd likely have some sort of Glaive or Magistar instead of a giant scythe. The Magistar is in the same class as other Heavy Weapons, yet is visually distinctive in it's design in that it doesn't have the characteristics of the Sword Heavies like the Galatine, or the Hammer Heavies like the Fragor. Not to mention, it is a weapon that would be much more practical for basic human use as it is not too oversized and you don't necessarily need precise angling just get a decent hit in. However, I realize that its codex description and naming convention suggest Arbiters.

Not seeing the New Loka comparison. The whole temple thing sure, but then you jumped straight to harvest. So far, they seem to be planting, but not reaping, as they see the overgrown Earth as a safe haven. 

This is true however with all plant/human life there needs to be harvesting, yes the Ether blades are sharp not pure but one could conclued/link those together. also you gotta admit it would be nice to see a Scanti Ether reaper (great buff/would look awesome/makes sense)