The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reach Fix, How's Max Primed Reach Now?

XaelathRavenstorm

Anyone tried it on different melee weapons? Is it great?

How's the Orthos Prime with the fix? Now hits enemies 25m away? Lol

Before the fix the only melee weapons that I use it for is tipedo/serro/tonbo and orthos prime since those are the only melee weapons that benefit from primed reach greatly.

I wanna know if it works well w/ other melee weapons now especially for tonfas.

Anyone tried it on different melee weapons? Is it great?

How's the Orthos Prime with the fix? Now hits enemies 25m away? Lol

Before the fix the only melee weapons that I use it for is tipedo/serro/tonbo and orthos prime since those are the only melee weapons that benefit from primed reach greatly.

I wanna know if it works well w/ other melee weapons now especially for tonfas.

Haven't tested it.

As far as I'm aware, the width of your weapon's hitbox wasn't being increased- that was the issue. The distance at which weapons hit shouldn't have changed at all.

I tend to use reach mod on almost all melee. I just like to have that bit of extra length with most anything. I ironically don't use it on most weapons like galatine/orthos that already have decent reach.

Edited by Stratego89

This should give you an idea of Maxed Primed Reach on Orthos Prime now... I've never  used it much, so I can't really compare the difference, but it feels pretty absurd now.

P67qpEC.jpg

thanks man, I think I don't see much difference though. I really can't tell.

Really need someone to try it on Kronen/Boltace and whips to check if they're improved. I won't be able to go online :( I would really appreciate it.

This should give you an idea of Maxed Primed Reach on Orthos Prime now... I've never used it much, so I can't really compare the difference, but it feels pretty absurd now.

-snip-

Orthos Prime main here. This was pretty much how it was before the fix, actually.

If the issue was what KingTaro suggested in his thread, then polearms might not have been affected significantly since they're double-sided anyways. The hitboxes will probably be more reliable and less buggy now, but it's not like the slide attack radius will have increased dramatically or anything.

After playing with the OrthosP about an hour ago, slide attacks felt more or less the same. Didn't do enough testing to see if once-buggy hitboxes became any more reliable (namely, directional melee and Shimmering Blight's flip-spin move), although it didn't feel like I missed the enemies as much as I did before the update. Might've just been me, though.

EDIT:

Did some extra testing with the Orthos Prime yesterday. Hitboxes aren't any larger, but they are LOADS more reliable now!

Prior to the hotfix, I couldn't hit a single Corpus camera with directional melee even if the weapon's model literally clipped through the camera. Now, there hasn't been a single time where I swung at a camera and didn't succeed in breaking it.

Long live reliable hitboxes.

Edited by SortaRandom

Orthos Prime main here. This was pretty much how it was before the fix, actually.

If the issue was what KingTaro suggested in his thread, then polearms might not have been affected significantly since they're double-sided anyways. The hitboxes will probably be more reliable and less buggy now, but it's not like the slide attack radius will have increased dramatically or anything.

After playing with the OrthosP about an hour ago, slide attacks felt more or less the same. Didn't do enough testing to see if once-buggy hitboxes became any more reliable (namely, directional melee and Shimmering Blight's flip-spin move), although it didn't feel like I missed the enemies as much as I did before the update. Might've just been me, though.

Yeah, I've been using the Orthos Prime before and after and not noticed a difference.  Pretty sure it'll be helping the single bladed weapons, and not the double ended ones, as per the bug reported.

This should give you an idea of Maxed Primed Reach on Orthos Prime now... I've never  used it much, so I can't really compare the difference, but it feels pretty absurd now.

P67qpEC.jpg

I used the maxed Primed Reach to make a video suggesting a "channeling wave" mod.

The video was made shortly after Primed Reach got released.

So wouldn't say there is much difference between now and back then: