Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Base Damage Mods Are Getting The Axe, Too?

Brimir

There's this tweet by DE which has very grim implications - multishot nerf is supposedly just the tip of the nerfberg.

Good.

That likely means that our weapons will become more powerful as they level, as has been speculated for quite some time. If that's the case this is actually just a means for powercreep.

I don't really see the Multishot change as a nerf, it's a fix in my eyes. It took them long enough but they finally made the mod make some kind of sense rather than magically producing more bullets per trigger pull. The problem is just that everyone has gotten accustomed to the way it works now, and also the fact that enemy scaling is heavily disproportionate.

I don't want to argue or go off topic, I just felt like stating my opinion while it was relevant.

As I used a Leg core to max mine, I should hope so!

Then I can use it on Primed Ammo Drum and be happy with the change...

Sigh..  then the same people are going to want to nerf max Primed Ammo Drum.  =(

All I'm saying is we better get compensated up the wazoo.

P.Point Blank wasn't released that long ago after all.

I agree.  Legendary cores won't really cut it, because the whole point of having legendary cores is to rank up R10 mods.  If all the R10 damage mods are removed then what are we going to use them for?

Primed Ammo Drum will be OP even at rank 0, at rank 10 it will be undescribable!

Serious point though, and what my original post hints at..

Compensation will be pointless if all I can use the cores on is trash like Primed Slip Magazine.

It won't feel like compensation!

One day they will finish the house they are building, after digging up the foundations 50 times.

See that's the problem; I don't see any reason to touch either.

Base damage and multishot are not broken; no need to try and fix either. I don't see how it leads to a "better" experience.

So yes, Hek yeah I want compensation if their (IMHO) uncessesary mucking about nullifies all my investing in P. Point Blank.

Edited by Brimir

@Burnthesteak87 : Well I have a job thanks ;)

So no compensation? What if I bought maxed Primed Point Blank with a lot of Platinum?

Do you think, even though they can, it would be good business / PR to just outright bin something players have spent actual money on without compensation?

Do you think that would encourage Platinum purchases in the future, knowing that they could be wasted at the whim of a future change?

Sorry, but your point is naive at best.

Even if it creates a better game, DE would be brave to ignore compensation.

I use the word "brave" instead of something that could be considered Dev bashing.

See that's the problem; I don't see any reason to touch either.

Base damage and multishot are not broken; no need to try and fix either. I don't see how it leads to a "better" experience.

So yes, Hek yeah I want compensation if their needlesd mucking about nullifies all my investing in P. Point Blank.

Understanding problem, all yours. The issue is the necessity of building weapons for full damage, thus causing less build variety and freedom of choice.

If mandatory mods would be changed in any manner, we'll have hypotetically more slots to build the weapon with.

Actually we have nothing to "judge" from DE's work, since they said little to nothing over the fact they wanted to look for Multishot and the recent tweet about facing the problem.

Talking about base damage being touched doesn't mean it will be axed (your assumption), but reintegrated. Because Logic.

Also you write so many "I don't see..." that's exactly another problem of yours, not DE's nor this community's.

Please get informed before opening threads with no argument. There are some interesting threads around this topic.

Who freaking died and made you the King of The Forums with the authority to tell people they can't create threads as they please?

Quite franky, screw you.

I'll create threads on whatever subject I damn well please and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Edited by Brimir

I hope they (base damage mods) don't remain untouched, at least. I doubt they will be axed, but if they are I'd be interested in seeing how they'd actually go about it. If there is never not a time where you will put a specific mod on something (e.g., serration on a rifle), then what is even the point of the mod? Currently all rifles essentially have 6 mod slots and a need to grind for cores to reach the full damage (from serration and multishot). The grinding is done for all weapons at once, instead of per each weapon. I see no reason not to tie the damage increase directly to weapon level, though other less obvious solutions to this problem might prove better.

I think it was great when they removed ability mods from warframes and tied abilities to warframe level. Hopefully they will accomplish something similar with base damage mods on weapons (I will grant that the situation is not identical).