Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One-Shot-Death Prevention System

sockpuppetclock

A simple idea: when hit with enough damage to completely destroy your shields and possibly immediately kill you in one shot, your shield takes the full force of that one shot.

As in: the max damage you can take in one shot is your current shields. This could also extend to use of Quick Thinking with health capping the damage.

Any subsequent shots would damage your health of course, and there should be x amount of seconds between 'refreshes' of this, but this allows ballisticas and bombards and whatever else to do as much damage as they may do without necessarily being complete BS.

Shield and life gating aren't really my kind of mechanic as they belittle the reason of having life and shields be numbers in the first place, but I can agree that if the current enviroment of enemy scaling continues to exist that gating mechanics might be a good method of preventing total oneshot kills.

Shield gating would be interesting, I think it reminds me of Mass Effect, though that could just be the explosive loss of shield.

Makes snipers infinitely less dangerous, though it won't really change the 100 something insta-kill bullets flying for your face.

Skirting the enemy scaling/tenno power issue again :(

Shield gating would be interesting, I think it reminds me of Mass Effect, though that could just be the explosive loss of shield.

Makes snipers infinitely less dangerous, though it won't really change the 100 something insta-kill bullets flying for your face.

Skirting the enemy scaling/tenno power issue again :(

It does work really well in Mass Effect. But we couldn't have the same idea on enemies in Warframe, because so much of it is horde-based, and it would absolutely destroy any slow-firing weapon.

But player shield gating is a good way to make the infinite scaling less stupid.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

The idea itself is interesting, but would it really help survivability issues?

Warframe is a horde-shooter, kinda.

What i see as a problem, is when you survive a bombard rocket, there are other 10-20 trigger-happy enemies, that shall most likely shred that health very fast. They'll shoot from all directions basically.

In case of Frost/Trin/Chroma/Loki/Ash/Vauban/Valkyr etc, you don't need that, cause you have good defensive skills anyway. You utilize them already, so to not get hit.

In case of others, like Ember/Mag/Volt/Mirage/Rhino you don't have a lot of defence and enemies see you all the time. Here it won't help much, cause you're visible and trackable all the time and if 1st shot doesn't get you, the quick 2nd or 3rd will.

The idea itself is interesting, but would it really help survivability issues?

Warframe is a horde-shooter, kinda.

What i see as a problem, is when you survive a bombard rocket, there are other 10-20 trigger-happy enemies, that shall most likely shred that health very fast. They'll shoot from all directions basically.

In case of Frost/Trin/Chroma/Loki/Ash/Vauban/Valkyr etc, you don't need that, cause you have good defensive skills anyway. You utilize them already, so to not get hit.

In case of others, like Ember/Mag/Volt/Mirage/Rhino you don't have a lot of defence and enemies see you all the time. Here it won't help much, cause you're visible and trackable all the time and if 1st shot doesn't get you, the quick 2nd or 3rd will.

It would help a lot, because even if the 10-20 enemies around could possibly shred you to pieces rather quickly, the bombards and ballisticas do not even give you the chance to react defensively. The only chance for a reaction to that is AFTER you have been shot, but at that point they have already killed you to death.