Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So About The "nerfspree" & Wasted Forma/potatoes

Trayzerlol

As many have pointed out already in various threads, the vulklok was nerfed murdered beyond useability in the recent hotfix.

I know the TOS basically permit DE to do whatever they want to their content and we don't own anything which is common for online games. anyway...

now we actually had a decent alternative to carrier prime for a mere week. people liked the ugly interestingly looking new sentinel a lot and many like myself spent plat on it.

let's do the math for my case shall we...:

Sentinel: 4 forma + 1 reactor = 100 plat

Weapon: 6 forma + 1 catalyst = 140 plat

= 240 Plat in total.

you know what blizzard does when it comes to hearthstone if they decide to render stuff useless or when they want to correct an unintended change or nerf something because they feel it's too powerful or hurting their game balance? 

OFFER FREE REFUNDS FOR A LIMITED TIME SO PEOPLE DON'T GET ANGRY AT THEM. No support (man-hours) involved, just full & immediate refund by clicking a button ingame to disenchant nerfed changed cards for full price.

yes, sure some players will probably laugh at this and tell me to never invest into content before waiting for several months in case DE decides to nerf it but honestly, ask yourself this:

how long has hydroid been useable with pilfering swarm before he got rendered useless due to - wait for it: "Quality of Life" (xD) -changes?

in this case, waiting didn't matter. they still killed him eventually.

will he become useable again in a future rework? maybe.

but for now he's dead and any forma / reaktor that's stuck inside the frame is basically wasted for the time being.

the point is: it doesn't matter how long you wait before investing into items that you like to play with or how "obvious" it is that something will get nerfed eventually. 

there's just something wrong with screwing players out of fake currency that was bought with actual money to support this game.

SOLUTION:

http://i.imgur.com/H1FZUkY.png

Have this be available after each patch for the items affected for a limited amount of time like 48h or something. 

Please consider this DE: it's not the players fault when YOU change your mind about the stuff YOU designed in the firstplace.

Stop punishing us for that.

So, what exactly did you waste 10 forma & 2 reactors on? The sent & the wep? And why the hell did you buy forma in the 1st place. That was your first mistake. 

Anyway...the amount of overexaggeration in the "uselessness" of Diriga & Vulklok by the community is ridiculous. It still out performs all other sent weps in daamge & has better range. It just can't shoot enemies from across the map anymore. Granted, it should, because sniper, duh....but it's nowhere near "murdered."

Ah it's glorious, seeing activision being more fair and reasonable than DE yet rabbid DE fanbois white knight them yet again...

P.S. blizzard is still a subsidiary of activision blizzard and Bobby Kotick is still CEO of that corporation.

DE: "2015: Year of Quality. The year we aim to be less reasonable than this guy

Edited by DitsyPixie

I support this idea, but it'll never happen.

I get the feeling they waited so long to nerf the diriga/vulklok just to get as much money out of it as they could before they could put carrier(prime) back on top.

I don't really buy the whole Lanka thing, mainly because they didn't even have the same stats. Lanka has 3 times the base damage as Vulklok did, and had better crit stats. :/

Could've at least admitted that they failed at testing it beforehand, and offered us refunds.

Eh, sorry I'm just kinda annoyed and "salty" about some of the stuff that's been happening recently.

I'm not sure I genuinely care about the lost resources, but, man, is this nerfstorm souring my multiplayer experience. It's no exaggeration to say I have never played a video game that has as many negative modifications made to content and at such frequency.

At this point, it almost feels like trolling.

Anyway...the amount of overexaggeration in the "uselessness" of Diriga & Vulklok by the community is ridiculous. It still out performs all other sent weps in daamge & has better range. It just can't shoot enemies from across the map anymore. Granted, it should, because sniper, duh....but it's nowhere near "murdered."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uXcJKwMwt4

So, what exactly did you waste 10 forma & 2 reactors on? The sent & the wep? And why the hell did you buy forma in the 1st place. That was your first mistake. 

Oh you don't say!

Can you see it? Can you see the problem with Vulklok? No?

Then let me explain: when the target was 30m away, Diriga did 10 shots. He missed ALL OF THEM.

Then the target moved closer (15m) and Diriga did 2 more shots, and guess what? Right, he missed them too!

And only when the target punched me in the face Diriga was able to destroy both the target and the drone.

Please keep in mind Heavy Caliber wasn't equipped.

So, can you see the problem now? 14 freaking shots and only 2 (TWO!) hits!

''across the map'' you say ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=5uXcJKwMwt4

So they made a thing, it was a biiiiit too strong (really it was a pocket Mesa with a slower fire rate), so they nerfed it a bit, now its too nerfed (true). 

Just wait for them to adjust it more? So quick to jump on things and start spewing your salt everywhere. 

EDIT: 

Nah, totally acceptable. (Stolen from another thread, credits to Sabreracer for posting it).  Edited by KozaTheShadow

Video makes it fairly clear, if that change was actually PLAYtested I would be amazed.

Looks like someone thought :

Yeah lets just halve this number here and "fix" it.

Maybe they could get the 3 members of staff who play the game to test stuff first?

I'm not salty, I only Forma'd it once knowing that changes were coming to the damage mods, and expecting a Vulklok nerf.

However, I love how Boltor Prime has never been touched with all these nerfs... Strange indeed.

Of course it's damage could be "a bug" that gets "fixed" one day.

Most players think its good and awesome to have new weapons that completely outclass any of the other options, with no regard for proper balance.

Before and even after the Vulklok release, no one was asking for a buff to the other sentinel weapons in the same way they are asking DE to not nerf it now, again disregarding balance between sentinel weapons.

If only players would make as many threads about buffing lackluster stuff, as they do to complain about an incoming nerf or rebalances...

Now, was the nerf necesary? i'd say yes.

But was it done the right way? certainly not, the accuracy nerf was just too much.

If you spent plat . . . Everyone should know better not to "spend money" on things as soon as they come out,

That's not the wisest decision on DE's part.  People being afraid to spend money on your game, especially a F2P game, is a bad thing. The OP's solution is perfectly reasonable, and would also make DE less likely to go on over-nerf sprees in addition to alleviating the high amounts of salt such nerfs cause.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

I agree with your stance on this Trayzerlol.

I love this game very much and have always given the developers the benefit of a doubt, even in this case as well.  So I'm not going to bash them on anything.  I'm sure it's not some sort of evil scheme etc.

I just hope they are more careful about releases and a bit less heavy handed when apply buff/nerfs, because as I've said many times before this is our entertainment, of which they are turning into frustration.

There was no need to nerf this weapon on several fronts.  The fire rate nerf was plenty.  The accuracy nerf is unnecessary.  I mean without any heavy caliber that video from Quiette Shy shows it unable to hit standing targets from 30 meters or so?

Sigh...