The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Shield Polarize Overused

-N7-Leonhart

One thing I keep noticing lately. So I had a look at the Leaderboards, specifically on the top kills amount for this week.

What I get to see is that the top player has ~1,5 milions kills (yes, for this week ONLY) and the next 3 after him all have over 1 milion kills themselves.

At this point, I already figured it out without even checking. After checking, I confirmed that their most used frame was Mag, and like 95% of their kills were all corpus.

Conclusion: Mag's Shield Polarize is overused. Although everyone cries out loud about Mesa's Pacemaker, that can't be even close to the "one button press, kill them all" that is Shield Polarize. Since this is so overused, maybe adding LoS requirement to it may make everyone less inclined to just sit somewhere and press 2 FTW.

EDIT: With the help of some proactive players that did not think to bash me instantly, I finally cracked this problem open. The exploit is done by players using macros for Mag skills "2" and "1" in missions with unnatural spawn rates. Like this they can effectively never touch the keyboard and get the absolute best results in the game and tons of loot at the same time.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Really? Mag got a heavy hit from nerfhammer and you want to nerf the last useful ability? why not remove all powers from all frames and remove damage from all weapons and make the only way to kill a enemy by slaping in the face, with the damage of that being -18.....WHY ASK NERFS FOR THINGS A PvE game, why not buff the underwhelming content, so we don't need to spam one ability

Because you think people playing mesa or saryn or mirage etc etc.. don't make as many kill ?

Mesa and saryn on draco probably make a million kills in the week easy.

No, I saw the numbers. The ~ top 30 players in kills amounts this week all belong to Mag users and all racked up all those kills against corpus. The ones using Mesa and Saryn probably can't even be noticed compared to that amount. In fact, I didn't even needed to make this observation. If one single ability does 10x more kills than everything else in the game, would the developers choose to do nothing?

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

No, I saw the numbers. The ~ top 30 players in kills amounts this week all belong to Mag users and all racked up all those kills against corpus. In fact, I didn't even needed to make this observation. If one single ability does 10x more kills than everything else in the game, would the developers choose to do nothing?

Probably, i mean, mag is in my opinion only good against corpus so... let her be good at this ?

Meanwhile mesa can bash every kind of ennemy (unless nullifier) regardless of their faction.

Mag can only do this against corpus.

I'm more wondering what people actually do that involve a mass murder of corpus.

Maybe cerberus.

Edited by Trichouette

So we shouldn't use Shield Polarize even when it is designed for use against two factions predominantly and is completely harmless against everything else?

Of course not. It can be OP all it wants, but there is limit to everything. How is it a viable Laderboard if it's impossible to be even as low as 50th place in it by using anything else than Shield Polarize?

Mag`s shield polarize is not the problem. do you even know how does he do so many kills? No , you don`t. Do you think he just presses a button and gets 1.5m kills?

I just hope DE will fix the MAIN PROBLEM here and not nerf mag.

Also not everyone in top30 has mag kills. I can guarantee you that.

Of course not. It can be OP all it wants, but there is limit to everything. How is it a viable Laderboard if it's impossible to be even as low as 50th place in it by using anything else than Shield Polarize?

Wait... are you playing this game for the leaderboard ? because that would be funny :D

No, I saw the numbers. The ~ top 30 players in kills amounts this week all belong to Mag users and all racked up all those kills against corpus. The ones using Mesa and Saryn probably can't even be noticed compared to that amount. In fact, I didn't even needed to make this observation. If one single ability does 10x more kills than everything else in the game, would the developers choose to do nothing?

How do you know these players don't just play 10x more than everyone else. Seriously, I've been using Mag since I started playing. 85% of my play time is with Mag. You don't see me getting millions of kills. Just because their most used frame is Mag, which was only at most 16% when I checked, and they farm Corpus missions a lot, it doesn't mean Mag is overpowered. This could have been done with a lot of frames, like Saryn for example, on any map against any faction.

Also, Mag is only useful versus Corpus and Corrupted. Against the other half of the enemies in the game, Shield Polarize does nothing. If you're going to talk about nerfing Shield Polarize, then you might as well say nerf all the abilities because a lot, not just Shield Polarize, does the same thing. You press a button and kill everything. In fact, all the other abilities work against every faction and can be used multiple times on an enemy if it doesn't die. Shield Polarize can only be used once.

How do you know these players don't just play 10x more than everyone else. Seriously, I've been using Mag since I started playing. 85% of my play time is with Mag. You don't see me getting millions of kills. Just because their most used frame is Mag, which was only at most 16% when I checked, and they farm Corpus missions a lot, it doesn't mean Mag is overpowered. This could have been done with a lot of frames, like Saryn for example, on any map against any faction.

Also, Mag is only useful versus Corpus and Corrupted. Against the other half of the enemies in the game, Shield Polarize does nothing. If you're going to talk about nerfing Shield Polarize, then you might as well say nerf all the abilities because a lot, not just Shield Polarize, does the same thing. You press a button and kill everything. In fact, all the other abilities work against every faction and can be used multiple times on an enemy if it doesn't die. Shield Polarize can only be used once.

True, not all Mag players can rack up milions of kills weekly. But at least the first 20 that do that are ALL Mag's Shield Polarize users. Does that have no connection to the matter at hand?

They added LoS for radial javelin,shield polarize and energy vampire, everyone was angry, they removed it and then bring it back JUST for javelin. So, no, mag doesn't need a nerf, she needs a buff where shield polarize does damage based on ARMOR AND SHIELD, a rework for bullet atractor and maybe a buff in stats.

At this point, I already figured it out without even checking. After checking, I confirmed that their most used frame was Mag, and like 95% of their kills were all corpus.

Are those the most used Frame and kills for this week, though? Because if it's over their history, you're not taking into account that Viver and E-Gate were Draco before Draco was Draco. If this player was around back then, they very well may have sunk weeks into just pumping those nodes for all they were worth and the numbers haven't evened out yet. This player could very well have put in their happy farming time back in those days and their million kills you're so upset about could be from Draco or some new flavor of the month.

Things to consider.

They added LoS for radial javelin,shield polarize and energy vampire, everyone was angry, they removed it and then bring it back JUST for javelin. So, no, mag doesn't need a nerf, she needs a buff where shield polarize does damage based on ARMOR AND SHIELD, a rework for bullet atractor and maybe a buff in stats.

Shield Polarize has no awareness/LoS requirement. It's a true "one button press to kill them all" ability.

Are those the most used Frame and kills for this week, though? Because if it's over their history, you're not taking into account that Viver and E-Gate were Draco before Draco was Draco. If this player was around back then, they very well may have sunk weeks into just pumping those nodes for all they were worth and the numbers haven't evened out yet. This player could very well have put in their happy farming time back in those days and their million kills you're so upset about could be from Draco or some new flavor of the month.

Things to consider.

This week ONLY (not that the situation for the previous week was any different) and the kills are in the millions per player.

Shield Polarize has no awareness/LoS requirement. It's a true "one button press to kill them all" ability.

Well, try to do this with grineer units

Mag for now is kinda a one-trick pony and as i recall, to deal S#&$load of damage needs to F*** up efficiency