The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Shield Polarize Overused

-N7-Leonhart

It actually doesn't work like that, since a lot of eximus\nullifiers or stuff like oxium osprays will require manual shooting, beyond level 100 you really can screw yourself and your team by pressing 2 with a a eximus around, since this will leave you with a few million HP to kill with guns or to CC them till more targets with full shields show up. The press 2 to win mag is just a myth for people that are not used to play at very high levels and her insane eximus spawn rate very often.

It is incredible strong, however it doesn't work by just pressing 2 over and over, because this will archive nothing at higher levels with a lot of eximus around, quite similar to pull spam that was absolutly useless for the team in 90% of the cases during the gpull days of mag.

It still saves you time by killing the majority of the enemies. It won't kill all thats for sure, but it saves you time when you only have to deal with fraction of the enemies.

Edited by Boltwin

There are 168 hours in a week. Assuming the guy didn't sleep, eat, or take bathroom breaks, he was killing about 9,000 enemies an hour. Doing this on Triton? Please... Are you sure this isn't a leaderboard bug or the fault of a node with bugged spawn rates?

Before you starting beating the nerf drum, do some simple calculations. Assuming the person slept for 7 hours a day, he'd have to kill over 12.5 thousand enemies an hour, which is completely unrealistic. That number goes even higher when you factor in meals, bathroom breaks, and well... life.

It still saves you time by killing the majority of the enemies. It won't kill all thats for sure, but it saves you time when you only have to deal with fraction of the enemies.

The problem is that fraction will take you forever to kill at high levels. Also eximus actually negate the hole effect, so your targets will have no shields but still full HP, to a point where you have to shoot the eximus and then techs, because the shield drone they deploy will actually kill everything, because of the quick shield recharge.

But it's the reality that people are actually over-overusing this to get an average of 10k kills per hour. I imagine they do it in places with VERY unnatural spawn rates, like Pluto - Cerberus (interception, basically the corpus counterpart or Draco), but is 120% impossbile with anything else besides Shield Polarize.

Well I have no idea why people are doing it. Given I am mostly bussy farming cores, keys or credits as efficent as I can and use mag myself a fair bit, it doesn't make a lot of sense outside "just because I can". A mag on triton or T4D/S will score a lot less kills per hour, even if this are places where mag is mostly used for her high level potential.

You can go to a insane spawnrate node to reach the insane killrate per hour, but what is the point behind this? I also doubt that people just leveling weapons, since with a mag you just can go to trition for that, while getting a lot of cores, keys and credits in return at the same time(L0-30 is possible in a single run, however it is much easier with frost then mag, since with mag you run in the same problem as with mesa, you kill everything, while you get next to no gains from shared XP).

Edited by Djego27

Well I have no idea why people are doing it. Given I am mostly bussy farming cores, keys or credits as efficent as I can and use mag myself a fair bit, it doesn't make a lot of sense outside "just because I can". A mag on triton or T4D/S will score a lot less kills per hour, even if this are places where mag is mostly used for her high level potential.

People who have everything or Asians.

People who have everything or Asians.

Well I have everything(or next to, damn kubrow incubation chances) and I still don't see the point. I mean I do challange runs in def or survival solo, for longer then most 4 man teams would hold up without cheesing it, but just playing a specific map for the kill count is quite strange. Btw that is racist asians can be fairly resonable people to(from my experience in other MMOs), it is just that they are in some ways addicted to farming, some a bit less, some to extreme levels. However this can be quite hilarious in pvp, especially in pvp MMOs. It is not that they are better, but they put a ton more time and effort into it to farm other player kills as hard as human possible. Then again people from asia can be fairly recist to, however it is not aimed against backs or yews but germans/americans, what is kind of funny in MMOs like EvE where the hole world(outside of china) plays on one sever, because you will see a lot more point of views and players from all over the world then anywhere else.

Edited by Djego27

There are 168 hours in a week. Assuming the guy didn't sleep, eat, or take bathroom breaks, he was killing about 9,000 enemies an hour. Doing this on Triton? Please... Are you sure this isn't a leaderboard bug or the fault of a node with bugged spawn rates?

Before you starting beating the nerf drum, do some simple calculations. Assuming the person slept for 7 hours a day, he'd have to kill over 12.5 thousand enemies an hour, which is completely unrealistic. That number goes even higher when you factor in meals, bathroom breaks, and well... life.

If you would read my post just a bit up of your own, I explained why it's timpossible to do it on Triton, which has more or less fixed spawn rates. Also, I doubt it's a kills counter bug, because thier profiles say the same thing.

Well I have everything(or next to, damn kubrow incubation chances) and I still don't see the point. I mean I do challange runs in def or survival solo, for longer then most 4 man teams would hold up without cheesing it, but just playing a specific map for the kill count is quite strange. Btw that is racist asians can be fairly resonable people to(from my experience in other MMOs), it is just that they are in some ways addicted to farming, some a bit less, some to extreme levels. However this can be quite hilarious in pvp, especially in pvp MMOs. It is not that they are better, but they put a ton more time and effort into it to farm other player kills as hard as human possible.

It's a cliché not racism.

Edited by Boltwin

Well I have everything(or next to, damn kubrow incubation chances) and I still don't see the point. I mean I do challange runs in def or survival solo, for longer then most 4 man teams would hold up without cheesing it, but just playing a specific map for the kill count is quite strange. Btw that is racist asians can be fairly resonable people to(from my experience in other MMOs), it is just that they are in some ways addicted to farming, some a bit less, some to extreme levels. However this can be quite hilarious in pvp, especially in pvp MMOs. It is not that they are better, but they put a ton more time and effort into it to farm other player kills as hard as human possible.

I assume the reason for doing it is gaining even more wealth, since with that amount of mods as fusion material and credits, maxing one or two Primed mods per day would be easy. Also, I have seen players with like 15 days of total game time have the same ridiculous stats, so it's not only a super hardened veteran thing. Imagine how easy would it be to get enough wealth to procure everything in the game. For that, you only need a Mag with a couple of corrupted mods and some friends for support.

It's a cliché not racism.

Actually, it's a racist cliche. 

And seriously, in this game why does it matter how often an ability is used in private matches?  This isn't happening constantly, or Mag wouldn't be considered 'useless tier' - she'd be Meta again.

Someone taking some friends and loading into a private tile isn't stopping you from enjoying the game in anyway. 

This isn't a competitive game, there are no rewards for topping the leaderboards beyond epeen, so why does someone stroking their own ego bother you so much?

Remove leaderboards and the most damage/kills stats from the mission end screens, they give players an illusion they should compete in a co-op game and lead to whining even about very niche things (as pictured).

This.  It would get rid on most of the nerf threads for everything that doesn't need it. (Only thing that needs nerfed it Mesa's Ult, and it needs a rework not a damage or duration nerf.)

This isn't a competitive game, there are no rewards for topping the leaderboards beyond epeen, so why does someone stroking their own ego bother you so much?

Normally it would be fine, but this does have effects on the game that the untrained eye can't possibly see.

One of the most significat consequences is lowering the prices on the mods market. That amount of gains is not very different from what the exploit of E Gate would give you. If those players max and sell rare and primed mods in a flash, the prices would consequently fluctuate accordingly, not it a good way. Also, the effort required for that would be way lower than what a normal hard working veteran would have to do.

Normally it would be fine, but this does have effects on the game that the untrained eye can't possibly see.

One of the most significat consequences is lowering the prices on the mods market. That amount of gains is not very different from what the exploit of E Gate would give you. If those players max and sell rare and primed mods in a flash, the prices would consequently fluctuate accordingly, not it a good way. Also, the effort required for that would be way lower than what a normal hard working veteran would have to do.

Do you have proof of this happening currently, or is this hyperbole?

This.  It would get rid on most of the nerf threads for everything that doesn't need it. (Only thing that needs nerfed it Mesa's Ult, and it needs a rework not a damage or duration nerf.)

Funny, Mesa's ulti is crappy in comparison, no matter how overused it is. Low damage - not usable for long in endless missions, LoS required, much lower kill speed - not instant. Mag players could just make macro's for auto pressing the key "2" and "1" from time to time, similar to what "hardcore" Nekros users do and just watch TV while thousands of enemies die every hour. The teammates can just handle the annoying parts and like this they have an easy full-proof method to split the plat market open.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Funny, Mesa's ulti is crappy in comparison, no matter how overused it is. Low damage - not usable for long in endless missions, LoS required, much lower kill speed - not instant. Mag players could just make macro's for auto pressing the key "2" and "1" from time to time, similar to what "hardcore" Nekros users do and just watch TV while thousands of enemies die every hour. The teammates can just handle the annoying parts and like this they have an easy full-proof method to split the plat market open.

Mesa can stay in her ult for pretty much the whole time until wave 20 or 40.  Just drop some pies between rounds.  Just stand on top of the pod, and you are set. Throw in a Frost and a Speed Nova, and it is all over.  Her Ult doesn't hold up much past 40, but it doesn't need too.  Everyone extracts at 40 anyway.

You've been told by many people - even exploiters themselves - that Shield polarize is not the root issue here, yet you prefer to ignore it and still insist on killing Mag. Why are you so stubborn and bent on making the game worse with unneeded nerfs?

And you've never played with proper team if you think Mesa is crappy and not completely trivializing defense missions and farm and making game play by itself (which Mag can't do).

Quoting myself for context:

Aaaaand I was right:

It would be nice if you could edit the original post with this information OP. 10 pages for something that is obviously impossible without an exploit...

Quoting myself for context:

Aaaaand I was right:

It would be nice if you could edit the original post with this information OP. 10 pages for something that is obviously impossible without an exploit...

Whats new? Ever played Io/ Jupiter or any other Corpus Mission with a save spot?

Whats new? Ever played Io/ Jupiter or any other Corpus Mission with a save spot?

What's new is the spawn rate... Io has nowhere near this spawn rate, it spawns nullifiers, and you can't bot it. I just tested it, and the numbers OP reported are completely realistic; you don't even have to no-life for them.

What's new is the spawn rate... Io has nowhere near this spawn rate, it spawns nullifiers, and you can't bot it. I just tested it, and the numbers OP reported are completely realistic; you don't even have to no-life for them.

Thanks for the heads up. I honestly had no idea.

I initially started the thread to bring into light something wrong, as there was no way to that amount of kills would have been normal. However I do hesitate to modify the original post. This thread got very popular and if a lot of people take note of the exploit, all hell might break loose.

I am also positive that the ones that do it a lot have macros for it, otherwise it would be impossible to do it all day long. Now the ones that kept bashing me for the whole thread should notice why I said that pressing some keys to kill them all indefinitely is never a good idea. The "hardcore" players that do that don't even play the game and still have the best results.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Thanks for the heads up. I honestly had no idea.

I initially started the thread to bring into light something wrong, as there was no way to that amount of kills would have been normal. However I do hesitate to modify the original post. This thread got very popular and if a lot of people take note of the exploit, all hell might break loose.

So when ppl told you the spawns were broken you didnt listen and kept going. SP is OP . please nerf.  when DE will fix the spawns will u still say please nerf SP?so mag will become useless?