Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Digital Extremes Purposefully Make Nekros Literally The Embodiment Of The Devil?

Arniox

hS9tuqZ.png

As you can see above, this is Nekros, the frame of the dead, here he has a maxed Redirection mod on him giving him 440% added shields now, if we look, we can see that his shields have gone from 270 to exactly 666.....

666 is the number representing the devil, or the anti-christ and is part of pop-culture as a type of meme or something, being that Nekros represents the dead or the lord of the dead this can roughly translate into Nekros literally being the devil, did DE purposefully make Nekro's shields do this with a maxed redirection?? or is DE truly evil and Satanic?

lol, shall we ever know?

Spooked.

Spooked?

▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░

▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░

░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░

░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄

░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░

░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░

░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░

░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░

░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░

░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░

░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░

░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░

░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░

░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░

░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░ 

Spooked.

Edited by SpotSkelebones

The number has already been a long InB4 context.

And to me, 666 isn't actually an evil number, but merely a significant mutation of the media saying the number is evil only to manipulate people into believe it is evil. Like number 13 for example.

Reason is to why? For profit (movies and stuff). Obviously.

Edited by Freelancer27

It's an amusing Easter egg.

Bigger lol at seriously considering numbers being 'evil' though :D

lol, I personally don't care for pop-culture since I'm atheist so I don't actually care about the number '666'  but it's still pretty cool when you come across an easter egg like this :)

The first two, remove the space, the periods, and the ".html" use the actual image adress (by right clicking, copy image url) to embed the images.

The youtube embed, use the full url of the video, not the sharing link, and use the function.

You should end up with this:

75a2e50f781db.jpg

3b7350dbde612.jpg

Edited by Kthal

lol, I personally don't care for pop-culture since I'm atheist so I don't actually care about the number '666'  but it's still pretty cool when you come across an easter egg like this :)

Well I'm a Christian but I appreciate the Easter eggs and little references DE put in. I think it really helps not taking yourself too seriously even (especially?) if your subject matter is dark, and darkening!.

It's taken them a looong time to get a real start on it but DE know how to tell a good story, and they know how to have a joke as well ;)

Just occurred to me a 'horns and headbanging' emote would be great for Nekros!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm a Christian but I appreciate the Easter eggs and little references DE put in. I think it really helps not taking yourself too seriously even (especially?) if your subject matter is dark, and darkening!.

It's taken them a looong time to get a real start on it but DE know how to tell a good story, and they know how to have a joke as well ;)

Just occurred to me a 'horns and headbanging' emote would be great for Nekros!

lol, those emotes would be amazing :) :D and yes, I know DE is very cunning with its jokes and story, the reason I put this discussion up wasn't to be mean or to point out DE being evil, it was actually all just a joke when me and my friend realised the number and thought it would be fun to see what people thought of it.