Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Grappling Straw Poll

RemytimeLive

Ancients just have far too many functions tied to them at once. Take disruptor for example:

- Anti-AOE protection aura

- Possible magnetic proc attack

- Grappling hook

- Knockdown slap

The Anti-AOE protection aura also deals damage to warframe energy.

Honestly I think it's fine, you take out the ancients and the others fall like flies, really.

The Anti-AOE protection aura also deals damage to warframe energy.

Honestly I think it's fine, you take out the ancients and the others fall like flies, really.

It kinda starts to become an issue when there are several ancients sitting together. Since their auras overlap it's a bit hard to find which one of them are to be killed first (healers). Especially in hectic situations.

IMO hooks need to go simply because ancients have enough functions already, and MOAs provide support at range which wasn't the case when hooks were introduced.

Honestly I don't see why it was added to the ancients in the first place. It looks so out of place.

Grappling hock on ancient is a solution to OLD time infested mission camping when infested can't jump on top of obstacle.

For example: player on top of big cargo container = infested units stare at player.

I think the hooks need to go, the issue of players being able to stay out of melee range is no longer a problem with the introduction of infested MOAs, there's really no reason for them to stay.

As mentioned above, the ancients already have enough utility, and honestly, the hooks REALLY break the flow of gameplay against them and also in the void.

I find harpoons to be an incredibly frustrating mechanic.

I can stomach it with scorpions as they're rather uncommon, and can be prioritized easily, but I can't stand it on ancients.

Ancients already have enough utility; they don't need the grapple attack too. Also, ancients become so common later on that you end up getting chain-harpooned from every direction.

Not fun.

Ideally, I'd like them to be moved onto a separate, less common enemy, perhaps some sort of wall-crawling spider, so that ancients aren't so overloaded with features, and you can prioritize them more effectively.

At a minimum, they should be toned down a bit.

Give them a longer and more obvious windup animation, like the drak master.

Make them make a distinctive shout before using it.

And, for pete's sake, tone down their MLG aimbot. An ancient should not be able to harpoon a tenno out of a midair bullet jump perpendicular to its line of sight. Harpoons have travel time; make it act like it.

Edited by Hortonman