Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Rant) Okay Honestly I Am Fed Up Of People Saying " Nerf Syndicate Primaries"

-CM-Excalibur-

Just tell them to git gud and rank up to 12 like we all did. Seriously, they have no understanding for those who worked hard to reach MR12 especially those who don't have time to play every day. And no, not everyone spams Draco to reach MR12. I bet you when they're MR12 most of them'll be begging not to have those weapons nerfed instead.

If you think all nerfs are evil, then you have no place in any discussion regarding game balance whatsoever, because you fail to comprehend one of the most basic principles of game design. A developer saying all nerfs are evil is like a carpenter saying their hammer is evil. Nerfs are no more evil than buffs; a hammer is no more evil than a screwdriver. They're just used for different things.

I'm going to keep saying this until you people learn how game design works.

The Sancti Tigris is probably the only weapon that I would say should just be entirely removed from the game. It was a completely unnecessary buff to an already top tier weapon, which deprived a lower tier weapon of a buff in the process. I would just flat-out replace it with a Sancti Sybaris or Sancti Tiberon.

I'm going to keep saying this until you people learn how game design works.

The Sancti Tigris is probably the only weapon that I would say should just be entirely removed from the game. It was a completely unnecessary buff to an already top tier weapon, which deprived a lower tier weapon of a buff in the process. I would just flat-out replace it with a Sancti Sybaris or Sancti Tiberon.

Oh look, another player who wants to 'rebalance' a weapon he doesn't use. Trying to ruin the fun for others is also completely unnecessary.

Also, quoting yourself isn't going to convince other people to listen to you, especially considering you basically said "I'm going to keep saying this until you accept and internalise my view." 

Don't like? Do not use it. Leave other players to have fun, its PvE, not PvP.

Edited by (PS4)Redemption_015

Hi Iam BladeOfRuin, Im MR12 and I honestly am Disgusted and annoyed of people saying that. I hate it when people nag that everyone should get the primaries and all mastery ranks.... Well to all those MR12 requirement for syndicate primary haters, Iam sorry but that should stay as it is because we MR12-Up deserved it for our efforts of grinding through alot just to get this rank to get it. I was in alliance chat once and some mr10 and below dudes suddenly were saying "F*** DE FOR MAKING THOSE mr12"...... ugh.... I also wanted to point out the weapon nerfs..... THEY DONT NEED NERFING, THEY ARE THE BETTER VERSIONS/ BUFFS OF THE ORIGINAL WEAPONS...Especially the sancti tigris which is getting alot of forum posts of nerfing it... thats all i have to say.. If you read the whole thing thank you, Leave your comments about my rant and feel free to send hate if you want, its your solo opinion anyway and I will respect that.

Nobody is saying that! You're just imagining things!

Oh look, another player who wants to 'rebalance' a weapon he doesn't use. Trying to ruin the fun for others is also completely unnecessary.

Allow me to present the following scenarios:

A weapon is added to the game that has infinite ammo, 100 fire rate, and when fired, instantly kills every enemy on the map without exception.

A warframe ability is added to the game that costs zero energy, and when used, it automatically gives you the "mission complete" screen and ranks up all the gear of everyone in your squad to 30.

I suppose these would be fun as well? If these are added, they shouldn't be nerfed at all, because players would find them to be fun?

The Sancti Tigris is actually a particularly weak basis for your "bad game balance is fun" argument, since the normal Tigris is basically exactly the same weapon, and it's already incredibly powerful.

Allow me to present the following scenarios:

A weapon is added to the game that has infinite ammo, 100 fire rate, and when fired, instantly kills every enemy on the map without exception.

A warframe ability is added to the game that costs zero energy, and when used, it automatically gives you the "mission complete" screen and ranks up all the gear of everyone in your squad to 30.

I suppose these would be fun as well? If these are added, they shouldn't be nerfed at all, because players would find them to be fun?

The Sancti Tigris is actually a particularly weak basis for your "bad game balance is fun" argument, since the normal Tigris is basically exactly the same weapon, and it's already incredibly powerful.

What on Earth are you talking about? There is a fine line between fun and stupidity. It would get pretty boring very quickly. The Sancti Tigris, like everything else, falls off in late game eventually. But it is fun to use and fun to try and beat a lvl 150 Bombard with. If I want to have fun and try survive against hordes of enemies, in solo, with a really powerful gun, how exactly does that affect you?

If I want to have fun with a good gun in a PvE game, what gives you the right to say "Oh I don't like that gun, it's too OP, you're having too much fun and it annoys me. Nerf please."

A better reward system is needed so that overpowered players don't go back into areas where noobies thrive.

There isn't one in place, why would a level 100 player in an MMO go backwards to a level 5 territory to kill monsters for loot? They shouldn't and neither should Warframe players. I have maxed out archwings with an Elytron with one forma that is appropriate for end game missions, but no, I have to grind for a Fluctus limb on Earth. This is just one example, there are plenty of others really.

I don't want to re-visit bosses for loot or for Warframe parts, it's immersion breaking and if the reward system was better, it would be something where you can get the Warframe helmet from the last boss fight, where as rare resources can be Dark Sector or all other nodes, other Warframe parts like systems and chassis on other nodes with mini-bosses that are expendable. If Alad V isn't going to die and shows up on future events, then don't make him die and cry in agony on Themisto, have him escape like Dr. Wily instead or like Vay Hek.

Infinite scaling enemies is a huge problem, it's usually a system in place for dungeon crawlers, not for shooters. Dungeon crawlers drop loot like armor and swords that scale infinitely with the monsters, Warframe weapons and powers are fixed and most powers don't scale to infinite at all. They've already placed a cap on many infinite scaling abilities like Nyx Absorb. Your weapons won't save you because eventually 15 hours in, anything would fail you. So this makes infinite scaling moot because it's artificially infinite. What this has done is create a huge problem where maxed our gear is way too easy against enemies until maybe the 40th (or 60 depending on how weak or strong the base weapon is) minute of survival, all while being much too weak against enemies at a two hour mark and rewarding camping mechanics.

They should fix this by having level caps and rebalancing around that. Fallout is a great example of balance and fun, where even if you're decked out as a character, enemies can still kill you if you're careless enough. It's easy to overpower enemies and to a certain point, requires some skill. If you just rush to a mob or mutant naked, you'll still die.

It all boils down to this, some veterans want nerfs because they find the game too easy since all you do is camp anyway and the meta mostly extracts at one hour in. Some veterans want buffs because infinite scaling is their enemy and they want to go for two hours long or even an hour. New players want buffs because the game is already too hard for them, new players want nerfs because they are venturing with veterans with decked out gear because of a bad progression system.

Edited by ivlr3vil

I'm a MR 17 now , really the MR does not matter much to me , I only chase MR to watch the numbers go up ,

I like the fact that you need to rank up to get some weapons , it gives players a reason to want to rank up ,

After MR 8 I didn't care about MR anymore because I got my dragon nikata ,

I want more reason to get my MR higher other then just bragging rights or pointless stuff like that , I'd like to see DE incorporate OP weapons you can only get at MR 16 and MR 19 ,

I believe it will give players more reason to get a higher MR.

I don't get you people, shotguns finaly got buffed like a few weeks ago. And now your already calling for nerfs again.

Unfortunately some people who don't use shotguns and are shallow enough, want these guns to be removed even though this a PvE game and it literally has no negative affect on their person. Even though the Boltor and Soma P do amazing damage, and are unlocked as low as MR 2, they somehow don't need to be nerfed but a weapon unlocked at MR 12 does. That is their logic.

Having Mastery Rank Requirements to unlock weapons will also encourage new members to keep playing instead of just playing a few days then go away for a long time if not forever.

I honestly love this idea means more people playing & actually trying to Earn there gear.

Maybe for once this will get rookies to stop hounding me for stuff all the time..

I don't mind helping people but at some point they must learn to earn there stripes

This system will be perfect especially on the consoles so meny people refuse to rank up or just quit playing all together.

Now when DE does release this new MR system this could be the greatest thing to happen to WF & more so all us Moon Clans all these people will want these new awesome weapons so they will now actually have an incentive to play if they want to be on out lvl.

I think masterey 2 tru 30 should always have Weapons to unlock after u rank up so everything 12 & up the weapons unlocked become stronger & stronger so if there a super strong weapon like say Hek Prime in the future unlocking this would require mastery 22 or 25 my preference would be Mr 25

Since it's a strong weapon the more u rank up the more stronger weapons u unlock to choose from.

I love this idea perhaps this new way will keep players playing this will be a big addition to warframe!!

Unfortunately some people who don't use shotguns and are shallow enough, want these guns to be removed even though this a PvE game and it literally has no negative affect on their person. Even though the Boltor and Soma P do amazing damage, and are unlocked as low as MR 2, they somehow don't need to be nerfed but a weapon unlocked at MR 12 does. That is their logic.

Because logic and reason need not apply on the internet.

They don't have them, they want them lesser than what they have. Jealousy is so VERY human.

The whole POINT of the syndicate primaries was upgraded forms of the regular weapons. But frankly? Aside from the AOE proc, I won't use half of them.

The Sancti Tigris IS powerful, but it only has 2 shots and many people cannot figure out the duplex trigger. I prefer my Boar Prime.

My regular Hek does 2x the damage of the Vaykor with the Steel Meridian mod. Enemies just go boom. I have dropped Kela with 2 shots.

The Simulcor? Meh. Kind of cool, kind of not. Not really interested.

The Boltor? Did we REALLY need another?????

The Penta and the bow are really the only ones I will use. They are not as powerful as some of the prime weapons, but the AOE proc adds utility.

Because logic and reason need not apply on the internet.

They don't have them, they want them lesser than what they have. Jealousy is so VERY human.

The whole POINT of the syndicate primaries was upgraded forms of the regular weapons. But frankly? Aside from the AOE proc, I won't use half of them.

The Sancti Tigris IS powerful, but it only has 2 shots and many people cannot figure out the duplex trigger. I prefer my Boar Prime.

My regular Hek does 2x the damage of the Vaykor with the Steel Meridian mod. Enemies just go boom. I have dropped Kela with 2 shots.

The Simulcor? Meh. Kind of cool, kind of not. Not really interested.

The Boltor? Did we REALLY need another?????

The Penta and the bow are really the only ones I will use. They are not as powerful as some of the prime weapons, but the AOE proc adds utility.

Exactly my point. An upgrade is exactly what it says; a better version. Then some whiners complain about that upgrade being too good.. The people who want these fantastic weapons nerfed are lazy and don't have enough willpower to work for them. And no one is even telling them to use the weapons, they are just there if you want them. Shotguns finally catch up to other primaries and then all these whiners suddenly want them nerfed. 

It also feels rewarding for people when they finally reach MR 12, as they unlock a new tier of high end weapons. That's good motivation for new low MR players.

But remember, we need some decent levels at lower Mr, or else newer players will see the grind wall and give up the game before trying. Do keep in mind only a handful of guns are truly high level guns that do the massive damage. There's no reason to make bows high level weapons, and the same with normal soma. But the prime variants could do for a raised master rank requirement.

Keep some of the reasonable weapons lower Mr requirement.

Also, anyone crying about nerfs are still upset about the gammacore nerf. Move on, there are still better guns in the game. There will never be one perfect gun, we play to try and mod our favor guns to be that one perfect gun.

But remember, we need some decent levels at lower Mr, or else newer players will see the grind wall and give up the game before trying. Do keep in mind only a handful of guns are truly high level guns that do the massive damage. There's no reason to make bows high level weapons, and the same with normal soma. But the prime variants could do for a raised master rank requirement.

Keep some of the reasonable weapons lower Mr requirement.

Also, anyone crying about nerfs are still upset about the gammacore nerf. Move on, there are still better guns in the game. There will never be one perfect gun, we play to try and mod our favor guns to be that one perfect gun.

A lot of decent weapons are low MR already. Basically every good weapon in the game is available at MR 6 which is totally unbalanced. The Synoid Gammacor needed some sort of nerf, because there was literally no reason to use anything else once you acquired that weapon, its ammo consumption was in favour of preservation, it hit like ten trucks, had an amazing fire rate, even with fire rate mods equipped and was suitable for any mission in the game. That weapon was unbalanced and it did need something.

But it kind of started this slippery-slope effect where everything powerful immediately gets nerfed. The Sancti Tigris came out and barely a minute later some people start crying for it to be made inferior. The Sancti Tigris doesn't have the fire rate or magazine size of the Boar Prime. It has two rounds in each magazine and you have to reload constantly. That balances it out, but some people still just are not happy because they are too low MR to get it and are too lazy to work for it.