Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Can Fly But Zephyr Cant

Axeroix

He also can't BE attacked.

I think letting Zephyr having a flying ability while allowing her to attack with her main weapons wouldn't be to out-of-the-question if she was still able to be attacked and take damage.

no. that would be game breaking. The only thing that currently threatens zephyr is melee. if she could fly and attack shed be invincible.

They said it opens up finishers, so technically this statement is untrue.

if you watched it only opens the enemy to a finisher when you end the effect

I'm pretty sure that is not the point.

clearly you dont understand what im trying to say. Zephyr cant have the ability to fly because it would not be balanced.

I was under the impression that triggering the finisher ended the effect? I never saw him use a finisher because the enemies were alerted, not allowing finishers.

The intention is to have activating the ability allow you to do finishers on the enemies around you. You would have to exit the ability.

Scott made it sound like that wasn't actually implemented yet though. Sheldon was trying to do it anyway.

no. that would be game breaking. The only thing that currently threatens zephyr is melee. if she could fly and attack shed be invincible.

if you watched it only opens the enemy to a finisher when you end the effect

clearly you dont understand what im trying to say. Zephyr cant have the ability to fly because it would not be balanced.

Hitscan weapons from Grineer still kicks Zephyr's &#!.

The intention is to have activating the ability allow you to do finishers on the enemies around you. You would have to exit the ability.

Scott made it sound like that wasn't actually implemented yet though. Sheldon was trying to do it anyway.

Thanks for the clarification, it was hard to watch both frames when they both ended up exciting me so much.

Chickens and Penguins can't fly, and they're the coolest birds.

You should feel bad D:

As for Wukong's cloudwalking?riding? skill, what was attention grabbing for me was the stun a la Ash' Smoke Bomb.

As for Zephyr, rather than full-on flight, I'd like a parkour reset ability more (ie using the ability let's bullet jump/aim glide mid-air again). As for compensating for replacing Divebomb, we could just have the ability to Tailwind to the ground.

edit: my bad, last part was supposed to be for the other zephyr threa; might as well leave it anyway lol

Edited by UnderYourBed

Cloud walk = Invincible invisibility 

dont make it seem like a horrible skill. if he were able to attack in this state it would be to op

The point is that the abilities accomplish entirely different things. Tail Wind is a mobility skill, Cloudwalk is a survivability skill. You can't really draw an effective comparison due to how vastly different they are.

Either shes more useful or not, the point is shes the BIRD/AIR Frame but she cant fly, just a glorified super jump with Zephyr low gravity passive, compared to the Monkey king that does better at flying.

Edit, the Monkey King can FLY/FLOAT, its just that the tilesets that we have has a low "ceiling" that block frames go higher.

Edited by KuzkinaMat

Either shes more useful or not, the point is shes the BIRD/AIR Frame but she cant fly, just a glorified super jump with Zephyr low gravity passive, compared to the Monkey king that does better at flying.

Edit, the Monkey King can FLY/FLOAT, its just that the tilesets that we have has a low "ceiling" that block frames go higher.

Despite not technically being a "flying" warframe, Zephyr's speed is still MASSIVELY superior to Wukong's. Cloudwalk is really just a survivability skill. The flying will most likely have very little use, due to how much vertical distance any frame can cover with parkour 2.0, especially Zephyr. It is technically flying, but  in gameplay, it seems like the fact that it's technically flight will mean almost nothing.