Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Say Trinity Is Boring?

DALOS

Yes she is very boring though she was one of the first frames and her reworks weren't that drastic. Equinox is a much more interactive healer by comparison.

Unless you are doing some link which I see no demand in parties for build she essentially is

Spam 2 so your allies can cheat with infinite energy

or

Press 4 after throwing a glaive at your feet so your whole team can cheat with god mode, yeah its about as interactive as typing power overwhelming. Oh and 2 still works but its more clunky to use.

There is no real decision making on trinity. Like prioritizing heals or using different level of heals, trying to balance out survibility of the group vs energy expended or really any need to be paying attention to anything, like getting a clutch heal off. It's spam 2 so allies can cheat or press 4 for god mod. There is also nothing complicated or interesting in how she supports the party in non healing ways too. There is pretty much never a bad time to be casting energy vampire, as it pays for itself.

BTW this is from the viewpoint of someone who almost mains a medic/healer/support in general in most games and has Trinity has their #1 most used frame.

Edited by Oishii

I play 70% trinity.

I prefer to shoot and melee, since pressing a button to win is boring.

Don't get me wrong, I can 48 - 70% whole squad's damage with Trinity
the only 2 frames which are able to out damage me is only Mesa and Saryn, 

- Link reflecting 75% of damage making it ideal for close quarter, the enemy punishes themselves for trying to kill you.

- Energy Vampire provides energy, which without skill to use ? 
Just switch to melee and you can channel for the whole round, a boring 1.5x damage flatrate increase.

A valkyr with warcry might come close, but she would buff my attack speed as much as I buff her hp and energy.
and it is a Healer vs Tank damage. 

- Quick Thinking & Rage - you can try to gain energy by letting the enemy hurt you if you want, then heal to full HP for the damage reduction
and then channel melee them while they are under the effect of EV.

WOL + EV - it 2-pulse kill the bursa, so I have nothing to say. That is the only boring button pressing part 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqwRoJu2mqY

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

It depends on play-style. Ask a player who likes to play supportive/healer role, he/she would say Trinity is awesome.

Ask me, I would say, its ok. Not that interesting, not that boring.

You see, I am more of a Invisibility and tactics dude. Naturally, Loki and Limbo are my favorites and to a great extent , Ash(because bad-a$$). Other than that, Excal is my go-to because energy sword. =P

And another Excali-Tard is born....

Trinity is a good frame, maybe she is not your cup of tea but she is extremely flexible and fun for those who don't measure their e-peen by how much damage they can do.

Yes she is very boring though she was one of the first frames and her reworks weren't that drastic. Equinox is a much more interactive healer by comparison.

Unless you are doing some link which I see no demand in parties for build she essentially is

Spam 2 so your allies can cheat with infinite energy

or

Press 4 after throwing a glaive at your feet so your whole team can cheat with god mode, yeah its about as interactive as typing power overwhelming. Oh and 2 still works but its more clunky to use.

There is no real decision making on trinity. Like prioritizing heals or using different level of heals, trying to balance out survibility of the group vs energy expended or really any need to be paying attention to anything, like getting a clutch heal off. It's spam 2 so allies can cheat or press 4 for god mod. There is also nothing complicated or interesting in how she supports the party in non healing ways too. There is pretty much never a bad time to be casting energy vampire, as it pays for itself.

BTW this is from the viewpoint of someone who almost mains a medic/healer/support in general in most games and has Trinity has their #1 most used frame.

This ^

Her 2 is fine except it like Miasma should probably have a balance check to function like Regenerative Molt....negative duration loses ticks.....but both can retain EV can retain Burst energy upon enemy death.

It would be nice if EV cast on a Well of Life enemy would auto cancel well of life so you wouldn't have to be punished for building duration with Well of life.

If self-damage ever gets removed Blessing will become more engaing as some of us might actually need to watch other player's health rather than just Glaive/Penta/Orgis/Castana our feet when timer is up*

Or since Trinity already has Energy Vampire : Blessing could inherit Renewals drain over distance healed....

Currently Trinity is the only healer that doesn't require the party to be with in Shared Affinity range without penalty.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

This ^

Her 2 is fine except it like Miasma should probably have a balance check to function like Regenerative Molt....negative duration loses ticks.....but both can retain EV can retain Burst energy upon enemy death.

It would be nice if EV cast on a Well of Life enemy would auto cancel well of life so you wouldn't have to be punished for building duration with Well of life.

If self-damage ever gets removed Blessing will become more engaing as some of us might actually need to watch other player's health rather than just Glaive/Penta/Orgis/Castana our feet when timer is up*

Or since Trinity already has Energy Vampire : Blessing could inherit Renewals drain over distance healed....

Currently Trinity is the only healer that doesn't require the party to be with in Shared Affinity range without penalty.

Sorry, but I have to disagree, Trinity is fine as she is, I main her, and i can tell you she isnt boring at all considering she requires a good management of energy, life and ally's condition, she may not be your style, be she definitively is mine, I dont think she need a rework, also, the blessing thing you talked about is called a nerf and TRINITY GOT HIT BY THE NERF BAT ENOUGH.

Sorry, but I have to disagree, Trinity is fine as she is, I main her, and i can tell you she isnt boring at all considering she requires a good management of energy, life and ally's condition, she may not be your style, be she definitively is mine, I dont think she need a rework, also, the blessing thing you talked about is called a nerf and TRINITY GOT HIT BY THE NERF BAT ENOUGH.

Wait, a self-harm trinity does not need managent of energy, nor allies life & condition.

Self-harm is what allows Trinity to use Link for Explosive room, clearing....except a Tonkor does thw jub better without self-harm.

Which is why I suggested self-harm be removed?

Or no self-harm could be a Trinity passive - forcing players to actually watch ally health/status.

As for the Well of Life with Ev cast on same target auto-matically eneding WoL to perform "God-mode" attack rather than waiting for the Well of Life to be near end of duration

: I also see that as making the game more engaging. Especially if paired with minimal duration EV only providing 1 Tick of energy.

-The change would require a Power Battery Trinity to have max Power Strength with a compromise of Range & Duration

Well of life boosts enemy health and then EV calculates damage by boosted health but auto-cancels Well of Life on target: Target dies and instant Energy is acquired.

*Since I said EV would retain Full energy burst upon death of target, but duration would affect the amount of normal energy ticks recieved. Similar to Regenerative Molt: fixed Energy restore pulse but more pulses with more duration

It would be a buff to both Well of Life and EV, as in-game play is concerned.

But would nerf the play-style of min-duration w/Stretch Trinity.

The only reason I suggested Blessing's range change was due to the fact all the other Healer's have limited range or Oberon loses energy for healing over distance.....encouraging Team play.

Trinity, especially self-harm, just negates any reason to play near team-mates aside from letting them have free Energy.

Her lerning cureve for new players is easily bypassed by:

Quick-Thinking, Flow, and enough Power strength to fully heal with Blessing

Then add duration

Use self-harm (Toxin preferred for straight health damage) and injure self until Quick-thinking kicks in....then cast Blsessing.

-Use Energy Vampire between recasts to refill energy

-Repeat based on duration timer or if Trinity gets dispelled (cliff/map-hole/nullifier)*

My 307% Duration Trinity grants 30sec god-mode to any ally on the map....allowing them to walk into Nullifier bubbles unscathed and face-tank any danger.

12014993_10205500418489870_7924005379058

Paired with a self-harm tool to drop health to 2 for Quick-thinking allowing for 99% DR setup:

12027384_10205500422449969_1032212978380

An EV spam build, pretty much kills her other 3 abilites as they are duration based for the most benefit.

11224041_10205500416769827_2973568458312

The changes I was proposing are a buff to players that use all her abilites and are not looking to "cheese" the game

***Except for the Blessing drain over distance.....that is a nerf (Or ability balance in consideration of other healing abilities including Trinity's own Well Of Life)***

The playstyles that would be getting nerfed would be EV only (min. Duration) Trinity and self-harm 99% Blessing (max duration builds)....the two extreme builds/playstyles being removed in favor of more engaging ability use.

The Blessing distance over time is not something needed, especially for Trinity players not abusing self-harm*

The no self-harm passive and changes to EV (innate Well of Life interaction & fixed power pulse intervals with Strength maxing energy pulses larger and duration increasing total number of pulses: both increasing total energy from cast) are buffs.

Self-harm is what allows Trinity to use Link for Explosive room, clearing....except a Tonkor does thw jub better without self-harm.

Not quite.  It's still possible to continuously clear rooms of enemies with a wide radius by spamming the Stug in a circle around yourself.  This has much better output than Tonkor spam.  The only annoying thing is keeping your invincibility up.  If another Trinity in the squad is maintaining the invincibility then you have more room for mods, which makes the suicide Stug strat almost as good as it used to be back when Blessing always made you invulnerable.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Not quite.  It's still possible to continuously clear rooms of enemies with a wide radius by spamming the Stug in a circle around yourself.  This has much better output than Tonkor spam.  The only annoying thing is keeping your invincibility up.  If another Trinity in the squad is maintaining the invincibility then you have more room for mods, which makes the suicide Stug strat almost as good as it used to be back when Blessing always made you invulnerable.

I keep forgetting about the screen-shaking Stug

As Trinity, I find focusing on EV a bit worthless affair, but having your abilities be versatile is just the way to go. Sure I lack the mods to minmax durations, strengths and range but that doesn't stop me from being godly energy leeching, VIP suspending, damage reducing, damage dealing monstrosity of a support.

With her kit, it's alright if she lacks a nuke or two, making proper loadout more so important. I like to play as her just as much as I like to play my Valkyr, Nyx and Banshee. It does get boring from time to time especially when only way to get in a good void run or mission is to say "I HAS DEM TRINS", forcing you to play Trin 90% of time.

Crutch, To some yes

Boring, in some cases, yes.

But the feeling of being downright awesome when you time your blessings, fight off an entire front of swarm by yourself while keeping rest of your tennomates alive and full of energy does fill me with joy.

Pity everyone else seems to have forgotten about it too. Powercreep sucks, eh?

Stug has always been powerful and I wouldn't say it was powercreep'd.

Not for me anyways.

My preferred Explosive Secondary are the Sancti Castanas....which are not more powerful than Stug, nor Angstrum, nor Kulstar.

I think I quiy using Stug when Snowglobe was suicide with explosives/self-harm.

I shall revisit the Stug, thank you for piquing my interest.

Just speculating, will the multi-shot increasing ammo consumption have the Stug as being grossly more effective than the other launchers/explosives?

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Why can't you just let it be ? Like you know, poeple are having fun with a frame literaly noone complained about in month, what about just letting go ? and leting the payers who enjoy playing her peacefully ?

I know it is hard to hunderstand, but sometimes, things are just fine the way it is, Trinity is for me ne of thoose things, she has been nerfed, her mechanics still allow some potential but with a limiting factor AKA either using a weapon to self harm and so building it not to insta kill you, so reduced damages on said weapon or having to rely on ennemy damage to get damage, wich is not a very reliable solution, also, i just want to remind you that trinity has no damage abilities or CC, so her main and only goal and use is suport, personal (link) or for the team (blessing/EV/WoL) without such abilities, i dont see how she would be of any use, merfing an anecdotal build on a frame already not very used is not a very good idea in my opinion.

Edited by nononimous

Why can't you just let it be ? Like you know, poeple are having fun with a frame literaly noone complained about in month, what about just letting go ? and leting the payers who enjoy playing her peacefully ?

I know it is hard to hunderstand, but sometimes, things are just fine the way it is, Trinity is for me ne of thoose things, she has been nerfed, her mechanics still allow some potential but with a limiting factor AKA either using a weapon to self harm and so building it not to insta kill you, so reduced damages on said weapon or having to rely on ennemy damage to get damage, wich is not a very reliable solution, also, i just want to remind you that trinity has no damage abilities or CC, so her main and only goal and use is suport, personal (link) or for the team (blessing/EV/WoL) without such abilities, i dont see how she would be of any use, merfing an anecdotal build on a frame already not very used is not a very good idea in my opinion.

Comparing Equinox or Oberon to Trinity isn't really a thing, since both of them have great offensive capabilities, Oberon even has lots of CC with the radiation proc's and the blind in reckoning, Trinity is a main support/healer, not like the other 2 mentioned here, they are hybrid healers, so untill we get antoher main healer which hopefully will be soon, we can't really compare trinity with any other frame, she's one of a kind, would be like comparing her to limbo, since he is the only other frame that can "replenish" energy.