Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reason Vaykor Hek Exist.

LogaMC1995

Keep on topic guys.

This is a theory for lore-wise, not a debate about which gun is better.

Argue your salts somewhere else

tbh the lore theory doesnt work at least for me, We even sure that the base dmg types are not just gameplay mechanics and are part of actual lore?

someone doesnt seemed to have used it or know how to maths

I didn`t try it, yes, but I have seen is and did the maths, it is not a bad weapon, but IMO I prefer status, that is why I use vanilla Hek, and I am not with Steel meridian... and can`t get one anyway [size=1] also becauce I have Vanilla potatoed and forma`ed [/size]

tbh the lore theory doesnt work at least for me, We even sure that the base dmg types are not just gameplay mechanics and are part of actual lore?

I think so, as u can tell, most Corpus weapons are puncture based to wreck Grineer, and Grineer have mostly impact/slash, to wreck Corpus and infested

...did you even read my post? This topic isn't a debate about which gun is better.

Honestly, this thread derailed pretty heavily. We kinda need to get back on track before lock

I've heard this at least 50 times....

or you could just say that DE wanted a good use of primed ravage and decided to make Vaykor Hek.

aaand failed epicly if u ask me, 47 crit chance is nothing, needs to be at least 50+ to work perfectly, not that it is a bad gun, but a disappointment and a wasted love slot...

To be fair, the more you think about it, the more it makes sense. None of the Syndicate secondaries (except the Ballistica) actually really sucked. They were all effective secondaries. Why would we expect any different from the primaries? They even kept the trend. None of the primaries openly sucked before (except the Cernos). And as it is the only puncture Grineer weapon (except maybe the Sobek? Not sure) besides the Harpak which is way too new, and nothing says freedom like shotguns, well.....

well 50k is nothing on a level 100 Gunner or bombard..... there (if u actually land that number) the 10k between them is a big difference....

anb its not a crit shotgun, it hardly exceeds 50%, so half the shot will crit, but since u have crit build on, u must`ve dropped elemental mods, so it pretty much is the same damage output without Critical... except DPS builds are not RNG based like crits or status..........

you can use what u like, but personally, for now I think Vanilla Hek is better

EDIT: the more the better, why would I go for 50k when I can go for 60k? that just doesn`t make sense, and if u ask me, other Grineer weapons could`ve used a better version, Hek was already overkill, I don`t see why it got a sidegrade... Ignis, Grinlok, Hind, Grakata, Sobek, and a lot more could`ve used a vaykor version.. but the best one gets another sister, and the worst ones still cry in a corner

and same goes for tigris, penta and boltor, I see other guns who could`ve used a better variant

he haven't say 50k nuke he said 50 kt nuke

which stands for 50 kilotons nuke

which means explosion that otherwise could be matched only with 50k TONS of TNT

so when you drop on your foes explosion of 50k tons of TNT it won't change anything if you will actually decide to drop 60k tons of TNT explosion because anything in the surrounding will be just as dead as with 50k tons of TNT

now you got the point?

What makes the Vaykor Hek sensleless is the existence of Scattered Justice mod which can be used on regular Hek but not on Vaykor Hek.

2ivisch.jpg

I guess thats because it would have a double effect then. 2 times +1 justice :D

A Vaykor Kohm would have been better in my opinion. All about that getting-rid-of-ammo-in-under-5-milliseconds :P

Edited by Icpmcp

he haven't say 50k nuke he said 50 kt nuke

which stands for 50 kilotons nuke

which means explosion that otherwise could be matched only with 50k TONS of TNT

so when you drop on your foes explosion of 50k tons of TNT it won't change anything if you will actually decide to drop 60k tons of TNT explosion because anything in the surrounding will be just as dead as with 50k tons of TNT

now you got the point?

erhm?

I already got it, but my point is, if they are not gonna die from one shot, would I choose the 50k one, or 60k one? if u cant kill`em, at least hurt`em the worst way possible

also I just got Vaykor Hek, gonna forma and all then I will see which is better ^^

aaand failed epicly if u ask me, 47 crit chance is nothing, needs to be at least 50+ to work perfectly, not that it is a bad gun, but a disappointment and a wasted love slot...

I think I read it on this forum somewhere here, shot gun proc chance per pellet is really low like 4-7% per pellet so even if you hit with all pellets you are rewarded with 1,2,3 status changes at the most and only if you modded for status, the exception was when you hit 100% then it seemed like every pellet caused a status change but I think they fixed that. 

So your status Hek is rather meh....

Assault rifles and sub machine guns are the far better status dispensers over time compared to shotguns. Strun Wraith and Boar P were incredible because of the reach 100 and every pellet procs but I think that's over.  

I think I read it on this forum somewhere here, shot gun proc chance per pellet is really low like 4-7% per pellet so even if you hit with all pellets you are rewarded with 1,2,3 status changes at the most and only if you modded for status, the exception was when you hit 100% then it seemed like every pellet caused a status change but I think they fixed that. 

So your status Hek is rather meh....

Assault rifles and sub machine guns are the far better status dispensers over time compared to shotguns. Strun Wraith and Boar P were incredible because of the reach 100 and every pellet procs but I think that's over.  

and why u think Hek cant reach 100%? i already am at 99.4 without the last event mod

please try it before you talk....

...did you even read my post? This topic isn't a debate about which gun is better.

Honestly, this thread derailed pretty heavily. We kinda need to get back on track before lock

Ummn... You quoted something that had nothing to do with what you're complaining about, and I responded to OP which I read and wasn't even the one to derail the topic buddy so back off. Just because weapons have based dmg types doesn't mean that those dmg types are tied to lore. That's like saying health and energy orbs are lore when they're gameplay mechanics not lore Edited by Echoa

Now explain why Scattered Justice continues to exist, defying engineering logic everywhere. D:

Since Hek is a Grineer puncture weapon, SM decided to improvise it by giving it more multishot.

Then one smart rebel managed to forge one version of Hek. Since then SM maybe decided to use it as it will become their new identity.

So they abandoned Hek and its augment.

With Vaykor Hek possessing more crit and mag size, they thought the damage is enough, as you know...grineers are not smart...ask Ordis.

By lore standards, why on earth would Steel Meridian design an upgrade to their gun that can't use an upgrade for their gun that they already designed for it. It completely shatters logic and flips tables. Even if people think Vhek is fine as is without it, it still makes no sense that SM would deliberately ignore something that'd make it even better and fail to incorporate the ability to use it as if they forgot it existed even though they been using it all this time. That is what bothers me most about it. I'd hate to think that my favorite Syndicate has mentally ill weapon engineers.

Well i can think of 2 reasons (from a lore standpoint):

1) its already integrated into it. Its like upgrading a computer's integrated graphics card with a top of the line geforce, compared to upgrading an already powerful Radeon R9 to gtx 970.

2) compatibility issues. Just like how you can't use both the prime mods and the non-prime counterpart in the same build, the justic effect might just repel each other when they try to come into contact.

So yeah, you can have too much justice :)