Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is A True Space Ninja Here? :)

unknow99

Alright, as long as you don't just press 2 and pretend to be the reincarnation of Sam Fisher while you're shotgunning everything in sight, it's good!

You reminded me that Ash's shuriken are silent now... I'll test. :)

Nah. I don't Smoke Screen. That takes the fun out of Stealth. Besides, my Loadout usually consists of Paris Prime, Aklex (with Suppress), Orthos Prime, and yeah. Works well with me.

Yeah, I get it : what if we had a little indicator or an icon telling "I want to Rambo", "I want to explore & break all the containers I see", "I want to sneak around"? Perhaps the guy who joins the mission could look at it, see that all the other icons are the same & adapt in consequence?

What do you think?

not a bad idea. I tend to shy away from leaving it to players to decide what to label. Could still get griefers, trolls, etc.

I just had an idea:

Whole separate mode you have to switch to (like your Rambo /Snake option) but in those missions if you fail you get sent back to a checkpoint (so not failing fully if someone makes a mistake) plus, and this is key, if a specific player keeps messing up it gives the other players the option to kick.

Kick isn't in the game. I think making it system initiated is so people can't Rage or be prejudice. Also kick would only be in this mode (Snake mode)

Stealth is the one big area where DE still could find room for improvement.  Spy 2.0 was a good step forward, but there needs to be more stealth possibility for "normal" Warframes - I dunno, like a Gear item that a Tenno could activate to temporarily be as stealthy as a Loki or Ash.  Something to use on the stealth bits of Rescue and Spy.  Not the sort of thing you'd need for normal missions, but something you could use in normal missions if you wanted to, for rp lite.  I don't think that would actually take anything away from the frames that specialize in Stealth, it would just give a bit more weight to us all being "space ninjas" if we need to be.

So yeah, 2 things:-

1) More development of the stealth system itself, and

2) Temp stealth Gear.

Edited by Omnimorph

I do...with a Silence Banshee of death. You know, run till you see an enemy stunned by silence and arrow to the face, being aware of not being spotted. If not, also trying with a dagger works very well..

Till you find a group of 7 enemies clustered and you are #*($%%@.

Stealth is the one big area where DE still could find room for improvement.  Spy 2.0 was a good step forward, but there needs to be more stealth possibility for "normal" Warframes - I dunno, like a Gear item that a Tenno could activate to temporarily be as stealthy as a Loki or Ash.  Something to use on the stealth bits of Rescue and Spy.  Not the sort of thing you'd need for normal missions, but something you could use in normal missions if you wanted to, for rp lite.  I don't think that would actually take anything away from the frames that specialize in Stealth, it would just give a bit more weight to us all being "space ninjas" if we need to be.

So yeah, 2 things:-

1) More development of the stealth system itself, and

2) Temp stealth Gear.

Yeah, I was thinking about some sort of throwable device that distract the enemies too :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394960-stealth-20-quality-of-life-ideaspossible-synergy-with-spy-20/

I do...with a Silence Banshee of death. You know, run till you see an enemy stunned by silence and arrow to the face, being aware of not being spotted. If not, also trying with a dagger works very well..

Till you find a group of 7 enemies clustered and you are #*($%%@.

They really, REALLY need to fix that bug...

gnAG8Nq.gif And people walking in circles...

Sums up my stealth experience

Ooooh I know how someone might play Hitman... :3

Kept you waiting huh?

tn0WmS4.gif

When rescue 2.0 came out I tried to do the whole mission stealth. For like the whole introduction event.

I really like to pull off stealth in the sub pen on Uranus when you sneak in though the water first and creep up on the Grineer.

And Nekros soul punch is stealth and fun

Yup,that knockdown is really useful : if the guy doesn't die from it, the time he spend trying to stand up can be used to finish the job (if you didn't ragdoll him in front of people)

Loki > 2 > Im a Ninja

Pffft, that's the EZ way... Real PGM mlg pr0 don't need that. Git gud u casul n0rmy

I remember when I first started playing, I took the term "space ninja" seriously and played with stealth.

Eventually that stopped.  This game's stealth mechanisms are poor.  If one dude sees me, they ALL know I'm there, wherever they are on the map.  The map doesn't even need to be tripped and they act like it has been anyway.  Annoying.  Adding to this, some enemies could be staring right at the door I need to move through.

Of course, MGSV isn't any better.  It's freakishly easy to go in guns blazing and just shoot everyone dead.  The trick Kojima employed was to encourage NOT killing enemies via rewards like being able to fulton the living as new recruits, while simultaneously removing their body from the field.  Better mission scores for NOT killing enemies and NOT being detected.

The problem with really encouraging and rewarding stealth in Warframe though is there are a few elephants in the room, namely Loki, that make it mindlessly easy to do.  Even Grineer tilesets would have to have cameras that can see through invisibility, and even units dedicated to rooting out invisible Tenno (like a Seeker or the dogs.)

So until DE finds ways to beat cheese stealth, I'll just continue fantasizing about what Warframe would be like in the open world setting.  Like MGSV I imagine, only with bullet jump for mobility and bullet run for long distance travel.

Edited by Littleman88

My First warframe was Excalibur when I started doing stealth. Now I can stealth better with X than with Loki anyday, I actually prefer it. (Savor the silent victories my friend)

Yup, a real MVP here.

I repeat it : relying on invisibility only is for n00bz...

I remember when I first started playing, I took the term "space ninja" seriously and played with stealth.

Eventually that stopped.  This game's stealth mechanisms are poor.  If one dude sees me, they ALL know I'm there, wherever they are on the map.  The map doesn't even need to be tripped and they act like it has been anyway.  Annoying.  Adding to this, some enemies could be staring right at the door I need to move through.

Of course, MGSV isn't any better.  It's freakishly easy to go in guns blazing and just shoot everyone dead.  The trick Kojima employed was to encourage NOT killing enemies via rewards like being able to fulton the living as new recruits, while simultaneously removing their body from the field.  Better mission scores for NOT killing enemies and NOT being detected.

The problem with really encouraging and rewarding stealth in Warframe though is there are a few elephants in the room, namely Loki, that make it mindlessly easy to do.  Even Grineer tilesets would have to have cameras that can see through invisibility, and even units dedicated to rooting out invisible Tenno (like a Seeker or the dogs.)

So until DE finds ways to beat cheese stealth, I'll just continue fantasizing about what Warframe would be like in the open world setting.  Like MGSV I imagine, only with bullet jump for mobility and bullet run for long distance travel.

IIIII think they got something interesting for the future : cat ladies who can see through invisible players... I hope that the way they'll implement it will teach invisibility n00bs how to truly embrace stealth!... >:)

I love stealth, and I play it with Loki not because of invis mode, but he just looks so cool while stealthing. For some reason, anything else doesn't look right.

in my opinion its loki and ash seem to fight the bill

Hmmmkay but be aware that players who only rely on invisibility can't expect to do it forever : they'll add units able to see through cloaked stuff... ;)

Edited by unknow99

some ninjas where just samurais who could do assasination missions , some ninjas could not fight at all and where jst moles for info gathering etc , this ninja in black suit is smthg from hollywood movies

The same stuff seem to appear from time to time though : assassination, espionage, disguise,info gathering,etc...

It's one of their most well known traits : stealth! (and yes,oddly enough,the black ninja costume is taken from their depiction in japanese kabuki plays)

I just blow everything up..

So you're more some kind of commando/angel of death than a ninja I guess... :p