Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Certain Emoticon That You Absolutely Cannot Stand?

tinyranitar

Have you ever looked at an emoticon someone posted and immidiately the hatred, the cringe, the anger shoot through you? Have you ever tasted such boiling rage everytime someone post a certain emoticon.

For me, it's mostly the smiley :D :) ;). Idk why I'm fine with :3, but the afformentioned 3 always anger me in some unexplainable way. It just struck me with a thousand voices suddenly cried out in anger.

And also, the "Japanese" emoticon. Especially grown man using them. Like a 23 years old using emoticon such as owo, ouo, it just made me sad. Like, I'm not angry with it like the smiley, but it's just sheer disappointment. Sure, you can use it, but it's just sadden me and makes me cringe in the most unexplainable way. I won't stop you from using it, but it just make me don't want to have a conversation with you.

So, what about you?

inb4 :D :) ;)

Edited by tinyranitar

It depends whether the emoticon was used inappropriately.

For example:

This is the internet. And as we all know the internet is the largest and most plentiful salt mine on planet earth. And as such people will spray salt everywhere.

So when reading through people arguing, be it on youtube or alliance chat, seeing this :) after a comment/paragraph full of anger and vitriol just annoys me. As if they need to say "just so you know I'm not angry K? No really. I'm good. I ain't angry no u angry. I'm chill." At that point I just stop reading and go read some smut. 

It depends whether the emoticon was used inappropriately.

For example:

This is the internet. And as we all know the internet is the largest and most plentiful salt mine on planet earth. And as such people will spray salt everywhere.

So when reading through people arguing, be it on youtube or alliance chat, seeing this :) after a comment/paragraph full of anger and vitriol just annoys me. As if they need to say "just so you know I'm not angry K? No really. I'm good. I ain't angry no u angry. I'm chill." At that point I just stop reading and go read some smut. 

THIS EXPLAINS MY UNEXPLAINABLE RAGE