Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get A Gatling ? (In Need Of A Art Concept)

Kracken

-snip-

well... a lot of weapons arent realy ninja like (great swords, great axe, hammers, portable laser cannon... etc)

Vulcan was meant to be a HMG (high dmg per bullet, high fire rate ,poor accuracy and movement hindrance).

I know that there is a big group of players that hate any movement hindrances. But this minigun was meant to fun to use and the player need to feel the weight of it in their hands.

66*40 is insane though, especially since it has Crit and Status Chances. both of which would need to be 0 if you want to deal that sort of Overpowered Damage per Shot.

25*40 is more reasonable, but still insane. at this level, Crit still needs to be 0/1x, but you could get away with 2.5% Status i guess.

which with the Mods i expect would be used on such a Weapon, should come out to about 78,512 Damage Output. (Multishot, 2 Base Damage, 3 90% Elemental, 1 60% Elemental, Shred)

you can get away with 11-13 'Accuracy' then as well, so that it's capable of not missing quite as much.

While creating the weapon, mathematics did not matter. I wanted to make it on pair with soma prime,but not in DPS department but in the reliability. The dmg would be 50*35 (if not even 40x35) with 2,5% /1,5x (v. rare crits) crit and 5% status (counting that soma have 12*15 *7 on crits).  Note that Vulcan have only 6 accuracy and wind up time to shot for a reason to make it more tactical.

But i agree that it could have a little more accuracy.

I never stated what MR requirements it will have ... Around 10. (bigger than current opticor MR req)

The TITLE of this thread is "can we get a tenno gatling".

While i never stated what technology will be used. I had in mind a minigun FOR the Tenno.

But i would dislike a infested one ... >_<

I think a proper gatling would look silly on a fast, agile space ninja. Thing about the battleaxes and rocket launchers and laser rifles is they're all relatively small and light.

While we are at it... I think it is silly that a frail looking Tenno like Loki uses opticor, gram and aklex without any problem ...

This just a game. Logics and physics don't really need to be exact.

That's why i make it " heavy " (movement impaling) for more tactical approach.

The OP proposed disvantages for this weapon : stability problems when moving (aiming), reduced movement speed, and acrobatic.

If someone says it breaks the lore : IT doesn't need to be a Tenno weapon ..

We have missions like mobile defense, defense, interception, where we are more stationary than anything else. It would fit there. 

That's my point.

While we are at it... I think it is silly that a frail looking Tenno like Loki uses opticor, gram and aklex without any problem ...

This just a game. Logics and physics don't really need to be exact.

A big rifle is not a gatling. As I said, the weapons we have are relatively small and light, medium-sized weapons. They are not man-sized sling cannons to deploy on a spot and sit there all day.

And yeah, Loki can carry them without trouble because he's wearing a high-tech exosuit.

It'd still look stupid as hell.

This is a game built around mobility; movement, agility, speed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; agility debuffs from big weapons are a terrible, TERRIBLE idea.

This is a game built around mobility; movement, agility, speed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; agility debuffs from big weapons are a terrible, TERRIBLE idea.

I wouldn't say it's a flat out BAD idea, but executing it well would be quite the ordeal.

While creating the weapon, mathematics did not matter. I wanted to make it on pair with soma prime,but not in DPS department but in the reliability. The dmg would be 50*35 (if not even 40x35) with 2,5% /1,5x (v. rare crits) crit and 5% status (counting that soma have 12*15 *7 on crits).  Note that Vulcan have only 6 accuracy and wind up time to shot for a reason to make it more tactical.

But i agree that it could have a little more accuracy.

you can shift balance into more favorable places if you just have no Crits at all. 'Rare Crits' is pointless. it doesn't need Crits, just flatten the values and you can justify increasing something else a smidgen.

and due to the way Warframe works, you're much better off with scaling back the Rotary Weapon to whatever is necessary to not 'need' a mobility hit to use the Weapon.

Warframe is much too fast paced for going slow to work well. moving a bit slower is a big problem even if you get something fairly useful back.

because of that, i'd rather aim more towards lower Killing power, but retaining the brrrt, and also have enough Accuracy to hit things, but not actually Accurate.

I honestly would not care if it debuffed my movement. 

The HGM would be best for defense. Once you are hunkered down, wind it up and let it mow.

If you want to be mobile, put it away.

Where is the strategy in being able to fire multiple rockets, all while still claiming you're a ninja?

We're not asking for grenades (but did you notice the new update allowing us to call in ordinance? Lol), and nuke-airstrikes. 

Come on, AdunSaveMe, let us have some fun, mate. 

Fight the logic. Fight it.

But here's some logic: The Tenno are not just ninjas. They were created during a full-scare war (and fought alongside conventional soldiers). The codex entries make this clear. It is completely logical that heavier weapons existed, were lost/forgotten after the war, and can be crafted again once blueprints are "found".

In fact, several of the weapons we can use come from different factions and were not designed for space ninjas, or for conventional warfare. 

TL;DR: I want an HGM, nay, need an HGM in Warframe. That is all. No amount of logic (and I'm otherwise a very logical, reasonable person) will ever dissuade this need.

Edited by Rhekemi

Warframe is much too fast paced for going slow to work well. moving a bit slower is a big problem even if you get something fairly useful back.

Counting Frost/rhino sprint speed in my mind IMO the game isn't that fast - it's the players that want to go fast while disregarding other things...

But that's its only my opinion about the game being very fast.

Counting Frost/rhino sprint speed in my mind IMO the game isn't that fast - it's the players that want to go fast while disregarding other things...

But that's its only my opinion about the game being very fast.

Agree. There are mission where we are mostly stationary. Or at least one or two of them team must stay and protect the objective. So it is not just fast sprinting in every mission. In such mission types HGM would work well. I would use one for instance for Def missions with my Frosty.

Even if we exclude the stationary missions. There are some scenarios on for example exterminations or survivals missions where you literally need to bunker yourself. On that situations i would recommend using the Vulcan.

But i feel that some of you missed one thing - the movement hindrance apply when only USING the gun. When it's folded on your back, you move normally. You are not heavily dependent on that weapon. We have huge arsenal that will fill the gaps in Vulcan.

Edited by Cracken

I'm going to paraphrase freeman's mind here. "No one should need a surface to air missile minigun, that should be purely under wants and desires."

A lot of people who are demanding a minigun want it for no other purpose than to have a minigun. Please consider its functionality into the game, a game which centers on mobility and SKILL.

I'm going to paraphrase freeman's mind here. "No one should need a surface to air missile minigun, that should be purely under wants and desires."

A lot of people who are demanding a minigun want it for no other purpose than to have a minigun. Please consider its functionality into the game, a game which centers on mobility and SKILL.

Yes, because in D, I, and most of MD we move sooo much. Purpose and functionality? Heavy defense, creating death zones in choke points, breaching massive waves of enemies.

Just imagine, Volt + Vulcan = Ultimate Choke Point Annihilator.

Yes, because in D, I, and most of MD we move sooo much. Purpose and functionality? Heavy defense, creating death zones in choke points, breaching massive waves of enemies.

Just imagine, Volt + Vulcan = Ultimate Choke Point Annihilator.

Exactly. That would get boring rather quickly wouldn't it? Then again, Mesa is a thing.

I could also see it in survival. T4, etc, are obvious, but there's even ODS. There are several choke points in Survival most of the time, and you can't control all of them unless you want to be really picky and choose locations with one entry point. 

Even once you go past 40 mins on Apollo on Mercury, an easy run (with everyone running around for a while doing their own thing) for ferrite turns into a very fun bloodbath where you have to pair up, or squad up in one location.

Imagine being able to pull out the Vulcan and lay down heavy fire on the mobs while the team supports and kills any you miss.

Unless you are running a really easy mission, it can't be boring. 

If the mobs are close enough to your face that if your Vulcan stops killing, you are dead, that's not boring.

Come on, folks, let's have some fun, damn it.

Edited by Rhekemi

Parkour 2.0 means everybody goes fast, all of the time.

Defense is the only GameMode where you're encouraged to not move - or atleast not encouraged to move, whatever.
one GameMode out of everything in the game doesn't make a very strong argument against a fast paced game. Warframe is very fast paced. Combat lasts seconds at most, Players can get close to achieving similar speeds to Arrows nowadays, Et Cetera.

a Weapon that doesn't restrict you in such ways makes for a much more flexible Weapon, one that will have a higher usage across the Playerbase, and therefore more purchases.
if you need to think about certain strategies to make using a Weapon effective, that shows that something is wrong with the Weapon.

Defense is the only GameMode where you're encouraged to not move...

So, you're saying you're corridor hero during Mobile Def? There are three mission types that discourage jumping around madly, Def, Mob Def and Intercept. How you play them it's your own idea, but they are designed to stay in place, and Vulcan would fit that intent perfectly.

Mobile Defense and Interception are for AFKFarming

no GameMode is intended to be played as a point and click Turret Simulator.

Players should be moving around in Mobile Defense. if you choose to sit in one spot and never move, that's your prerogative.

Players should be moving around in Interception so Enemies don't recapture Objectives. if you choose to only do AFKFarming in Interception, you don't even need Guns in the first place. if you choose to not, then you need to move around to stop Enemies from capturing Objectives.

similarly, in Defense, you have the freedom to move around as you please. yes, you can play with one hand and play a Turret Simulator.

but don't suggest that a personal preference of anti-interactive playing is how a GameMode is designed. 

no GameMode is intended to be played as a point and click Turret Simulator.

Players should be moving around in Mobile Defense. if you choose to sit in one spot and never move, that's your prerogative.

Players should be moving around in Interception so Enemies don't recapture Objectives. if you choose to only do AFKFarming in Interception, you don't even need Guns in the first place. if you choose to not, then you need to move around to stop Enemies from capturing Objectives.

similarly, in Defense, you have the freedom to move around as you please. yes, you can play with one hand and play a Turret Simulator.

but don't suggest that a personal preference of anti-interactive playing is how a GameMode is designed. 

Dude, I think you didn't understood what this weapon supposed to be. It's not a freaking turret. It's a bigger version of Gorgon, that makes you walk with the speed known from relays ONLY when it's equipped.

It would be gun designed for "wave" type missions, where even if you move a lot, you don't leave your post for too long, or go too far. Why we can't have one heavy def weapon? We have sniper rifles after all, without much places to use them, unless you do CoD360NoScopeYOLO, to kill an enemy that's 5 meters from you, in 10 meter long corridors, that 80% of this game consists off.

PS. If movement is SOOO important, than give me reason for existence of heavy melee weapons, that practically force you to be rooted to the ground, and move 1m per swing at snail pace.

they don't, actually.

the only thing that forces you to be super slow in the game as of currently, is Peacemaker.

everything else is highly mobile.

Yeah, than do some Scindo combo, while your team mate runs past to you. Such speed, very mobile, wow.

We have sniper rifles without ranges to use them as we should, rocket launchers that we can use to kill stealthy and hammer with jet engines, and you're wining because we could have gun, that would force us to just go fast instead of sanic. Face it, you're just salty.

I knew this was going to happen. Discussion gives way to people just saying to put in a minigun for no other reason than "I wan a minigun! GIMME GIMME GIMME"

These things which already resemble miniguns aren't MINIGUN enough! GIMME A MINI!

There are a lot of great points brought up why to include, or not include miniguns. Let's try and expand upon those, eh?

Edited by Rehtael7