Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get A Gatling ? (In Need Of A Art Concept)

Kracken

Rotary Weapons are always cool, and for Warframe's purposes, i'd go for a lighter Caliber Rotary Weapon, something that's still reasonable portable but makes that classic Rotary Weapon feel.

Well if U would ask me, then Opticor is pretty darn big. Rottary weapon +- the size of Opticor wouldn't be too much.

It could be more compact when holstered, and expand when unholstered.

*CoughGorgonPrismaGorgonGorgonWraithCough*

Naah man you don't get it... I have Gorgon Wraith you know (and Soma too), it's just not the same...

Look at the grip you have with these weapons ingame. Look at the way Schwarzie handles his minigun... We're talking about stuff hold like this : 

300px-Community_Heavy_Strategy_Header.pn

making you a little slower, having a longer windup time, but when it starts YOUR FOES START REGRETTING THEY ARE BORN...

Anyway, mr Geoff said that they are working on making them have a proper grip Soon. (e.g. not the same as the Braton -_- ) 

Edited by unknow99

ever heard of the supra? the recent build made it good

Sure it fires a lot of bullets. But does it look like a rotary / gatling type weapon ?

Nope it doesn't. And it is still LMG.

The OP proposed disvantages for this weapon : stability problems when moving (aiming), reduced movement speed, and acrobatic.

If someone says it breaks the lore : IT doesn't need to be a Tenno weapon ..

We have missions like mobile defense, defense, interception, where we are more stationary than anything else. It would fit there. 

Naah man you don't get it... I have Gorgon Wraith you know (and Soma too), it's just not the same...

Look at the grip you have with these weapons ingame. Look at the way Schwarzie handles his minigun... We're talking about stuff hold like this : 

300px-Community_Heavy_Strategy_Header.pn

making you a little slower, having a longer windup time, but when it starts YOUR FOES START REGRETTING THEY ARE BORN...

Anyway, mr Geoff said that they are working on making them have a proper grip Soon. (e.g. not the same as the Braton -_- ) 

Which is exactly my point. A low mobility heavy weapon like that thematically clashes with the Tenno. Big huge guns like the Opticor and Supra belong to the Corpus.

The problem with a Tenno minigun (And this is a VERY minute problem) is that it really doesn't fit in with the Tenno theme of medium-light weaponry.

About the heaviest weapon that the Tenno own (Not including Archwing) is the Soma (And soma prime) which falls under the Light Machine Gun category. Something bulky and loud doesn't mesh well thematically with "Space ninjas" and that isn't to say I'm personally opposed to the idea, but it's just something to consider.

If you mean Tenno/Orokin design, than ok, you're right. If not, Opticor, Gorgon, Ogris and Supra would like a word with you.

Besides, it could fit into lore as a Tenno/Orokin weapon. Just make it "repurposed" Archwing gun/turret gun/land vehicle gun for the sake of defending stationary positions against massive waves of enemies (Grineer/Infested) and you're all set.

Edited by VectorWolf

Which is exactly my point. A low mobility heavy weapon like that thematically clashes with the Tenno. Big huge guns like the Opticor and Supra belong to the Corpus.

No need for it to be originating from the Tenno.

A repurposed Sentient weapon maybe ?

No need for it to be originating from the Tenno.

A repurposed Sentient weapon maybe ?

The TITLE of this thread is "can we get a tenno gatling".

Shameless self plug:

tumblr_nhcrfhaiAE1rcefavo1_1280.jpg

There's one problem with this design... It would actually work. Grineer weapons require magic to fire. Take a look at the design of the Grakata and explain to me how 60 bullets can fit in that hood ornament under the inch-wide handle, go into the receiver above and BEHIND it, then go into the barrel below it.

(Seriously though, GREAT artwork)

There's one problem with this design... It would actually work. Grineer weapons require magic to fire. Take a look at the design of the Grakata and explain to me how 60 bullets can fit in that hood ornament under the inch-wide handle, go into the receiver above and BEHIND it, then go into the barrel below it.

Explain to you how 60 bullets fit in that hood ornament under the inch-wide handle? 

Hey remember man, this is a game where we dematerialize weapons, wallhop till the end of time & resurrect souls of our dead enemies... :p

More dakka?

More dakka.

Yes. Upvoted.

As long as you maintain traditional game mechanics when using an HGM. Not being able to run/sprint and forced to walk is good, but I would add that you cannot bullet-jump, aim-glide, or wall-hop at all. You get to use a normal jump while the Vulcan is equipped, and parkour is completely canceled. Put it away if you want to parkour.

Honestly, I know it has nothing to do with being a ninja, but it's fun. 

Whether or not DE feels it fits the Tenno will be the issue. (Guns like this only appear in Archwing and on Grineer tilesets as of the last big update.)

Also, the proposed art looks kind of halo-ish for the Tenno. Slimming it down some and adding wooden hand grips along with a bit more polished metal surfaces would go a long way to looking Tenno/ Orokin in origin.

Actually, it doesn't look Halo-ish, that looks more anime giant robot-ish than anything. Halo's gatling guns are actually rather realistic looking, with minor added "flashy" things like say armored plating to help protect an operator who's using it from behind cover, and the ones that can get ripped off look just like that, a gatling gun that an armored spartan walked up and ripped off the tripod and started walking around with it.

Also, I wouldn't mind to see a Tenno gatling gun, but only if it's slightly better than the current gatling gun in game, and looks right. The too idea images I've seen posted so far, don't look tennoish, they look more of a mix between Corpus and Grineer than anything.

Well i mean there's the supra(close to a corpus gatling gun), there's the gorgon(close to a grineer gatling gun), and of course there's the soma, but that's not quite a gatling gun, so obviously tenno need a real gatling gun :) 

Gatling Gun: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141005012230/ageofempires/images/0/0e/180px-Gatling_gun.jpg

Minigun: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/e/e4/Supra2.png/revision/latest?cb=20130530153929

The problem with a Tenno minigun (And this is a VERY minute problem) is that it really doesn't fit in with the Tenno theme of medium-light weaponry.

About the heaviest weapon that the Tenno own (Not including Archwing) is the Soma (And soma prime) which falls under the Light Machine Gun category. Something bulky and loud doesn't mesh well thematically with "Space ninjas" and that isn't to say I'm personally opposed to the idea, but it's just something to consider.

While the theme of light - medium weaponry may be true in terms of Tenno primary weapons, the Tenno don't really stick to such things as far as their other weapons are concerned: nobody is going to consider the Fragor or Galatine to be "light" or "medium" weapons, which are not the kind of things you'd find with supposedly stealthy and nimble "ninjas".

And let's face it: Tenno have never been strictly "Space Ninja" since day one. And who doesn't want a FREAKING MINIGUN?!

While the theme of light - medium weaponry may be true in terms of Tenno primary weapons, the Tenno don't really stick to such things as far as their other weapons are concerned: nobody is going to consider the Fragor or Galatine to be "light" or "medium" weapons, which are not the kind of things you'd find with supposedly stealthy and nimble "ninjas".

And let's face it: Tenno have never been strictly "Space Ninja" since day one. And who doesn't want a FREAKING MINIGUN?!

Which is why I put space ninjas in quotes, and said that I was speaking STRICTLY about a Tenno Minigun.

Also I already have two miniguns. My Prisma Gorgon and my Supra.

A design with a handle on top which is carried under the arm would make most sense for Tenno design. Easy to sling onto your back when you need to take a more mobile approach. So the left hand would aim and fire, and the right arm would keep the back end of the weapon held up and pressed against the user's midsection. This would also avoid a LOT of armor clipping problems in comparison with miniguns held and fired from hip-height a la TF2 heavy or Halo dismounted turret.

Edited by Rehtael7