The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Void Pbr Is Fantastic, But...

AdunSaveMe

Maybe could use some tweaking?

Mainly, the gold/white theme is now grey/bronze. I get this is a thing with PBR but prime warframe gold actually looks golden, whereas everything in the void is either brown or bronze. Maybe tweak colour a little?

The issue of shiny stuff glowing in the dark is still there, too. Mainly on doors. But really just on anything in the right area. This might be because of the lighting, I dunno if that was updated too or left the same.

http://i.imgur.com/4jpCmTh.jpg

Also, some rooms are super bright. This is on default brightness settings.

http://i.imgur.com/T8Cq4KP.jpg

Otherwise, it's great. Still not a fan of the textureless floors and weird glass, but I'll survive.

Ignore jpg compression pls

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I think if they make it more like the colour on the void turrets it will be better. I agree with you that it looks very bronze/copper like right now. It looks similar to those big copper balls in that one Grineer ship tile.

The void turret's gold colour more accurately matches the void gold pre 17.5 if you do a side by side comparison with another picture.

Picture of Void turret's gold colour:

I6tZWqh.jpg

The colour scheme is not bad by itself but it doesn't match with the prime stuff anymore and this sudden lack of consistency is jarring. The Void used to be my favourite area but it just feels completely different now and the PBR stuff looks kinda tacky/cheap to me honestly. The lack of AA doesn't help either. If this is how the devs always envisioned the place then I guess that's fine but it would be great if they could touch it up a bit to bring it closer to the white and gold we used to have before.

On the lowest settings I could run void smoothly. The PBR pass has resulted in a meaningful FPS hit. 

Might we have an option to enable a legacy palette for the Void?

Nope can't do that, need to nerf every frame's abilities to "fix" the FPS issues first while continuing to make every surface in the game reflective.

Nope can't do that, need to nerf every frame's abilities to "fix" the FPS issues first while continuing to make every surface in the game reflective.

They changed one ability, and PBR has better optimization than the original surfaces.

Don't be such a crybaby.

The thing is my toaster used to be getting 50 FPS out of the void at the lowest setting (basically everything turned off, even glare or colour correction).

The new PBR settings have literally dragged my FPS to a crawl, like 32 to 35 FPS if in a non-intensive fight.

When things get hectic, it drops to even 23 FPS.

Not completely unplayable but it is jarring and I am forced to shelve semi-autos for full auto weapons due to the FPS affecting my shot delays. This even affects abilities like EB/Hysteria and even PM.

Yeah it is my fault that I am using a toaster, but DE might want to optimize a little.

Edited by fatpig84

need to nerf every frame's abilities

Jesus christ, even art feedback threads aren't safe from this omg nerf crap?

OT:

I'm not really sure why the devs went and completely overhauled the lighting in the Void. Couldn't they just have applied the fancy PBR surfaces to the gold in the void without making any other changes? Or is setting up the whole PBR thing a bit more complicated than that (as opposed to simple enabling/disabling of a specular map or something)?

But yeah, the colour definitely feels off. I think the most jarring thing about the new PBR, though, is how pretty much all of the surfaces will shine like someone placed a miniature sun next to them no matter dim the lighting is (or if they're completely in shadow).

Edited by SortaRandom

I'm not really sure why the devs went and completely overhauled the lighting in the Void. Couldn't they just have applied the fancy PBR surfaces to the gold in the void without making any other changes? Or is setting up the whole PBR thing a bit more complicated than that (as opposed to simple enabling/disabling of a specular map or something)?

They didn't overhaul the lighting. It's just PBR.

It is a bit more complicated than toggling a specmap.

But I believe the problem is that cus of how PBR works, it interferes with colour, and if you don't change the colour, the effect is way different. Like black colours on warframes being grey with PBR, but on a larger scale.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

They didn't overhaul the lighting. It's just PBR.

It is a bit more complicated than toggling a specmap.

But I believe the problem is that cus of how PBR works, it interferes with colour, and if you don't change the colour, the effect is way different. Like black colours on warframes being grey with PBR, but on a larger scale.

Oh, they didn't change the lighting at all? I feel as though the void were a bit whiter before 17.5 hit (and I don't remember getting super-duper bright rooms before 17.5 either), although that might just be my memory playing tricks on me.

I'm not bothered by the bronze color, but I wish the metallic surfaces had a bit more texture as opposed to the hyper-polished mirror shine they have now. Also, they missed a bunch of stuff, so now we have an unfortunate mix of the old metal and the new, and they don't go so well together.

Also, I recommend everyone try turning off color correction and bloom, if you haven't already.