Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Feedback About New Sound Effects

ZirilanOfTheClaw

Hello dear DE and fellow Tenno. First of all, I'm not here to throw rocks on anyone, so if any word here make you feel ofended, tell me and I'll change it. 

Since I started playing Warframe, two things got me really fixed in this game: the graphics, that even on my little and weak computer surprised me with details, and the sounds of the game, from the drums on login screen to the sound of arrows being fired at enemie's heads. Two masterpieces that make this game a perfect thing. Until now.

I'd never changed my playstile based on supposed "bad" changes (cofcoftrinitycofcof) because "bad" is really a personal way to look at things. But since some numbers ago (U14 maybe, can't remember exactly) the sounds team, together with the great work they did, started to do some... I don't know how to name it, maybe "all-in" changes. I'm not talking just about the Hek/Vaykor Hek change (I almost cried when used my V. Hek, where is my cannon-of-the-end-of-times?), but about the last audio changes being made.

Before pointing the "fails", congratulations to audio team and all DE team, the game are awesome with every update, your work are really nice, but not 100% perfect, and here is where we, the players, can help you. We are beta testers after all, right?

I just played a Void mission with my Vaykor Hek, and refuse to believe my ears. First, the most powerfull looking thing on this game, the Hek/V. Hek now have the sound of plastic bubbles. Them, all the combat I have during the mission were near silent, even with Heavy Gunners around. I even checked my audio configurations, my headphone, my computer, to see if the problem were on my side, but it's not. The new changes to audio on ambients are (sorry audio team, I need to say that) on my opinion, really bad. You can't feel the battle if you don't hear it. I can play with weapons having strange and not compatible sounds, but the entire game being near silenced is too much.

I know nothing about game codes and structures, but please sound team, please, if possible, make all the relevant sound changes something that can be toggled on/off like the Legacy Colors, please. 

I don't know who proposed these changes, but please, not everyone will be happy with the choice of a little amount of people about the entire game mechanics.

Sorry about my english, sorry if I ofended someone, sorry for talking that way about your hard work, and thanks for the attention DE.

Hey ArmaChaos,

We definitely did not remove any ambient sound from the game, and we are not experiencing any sort of weirdness with it.  Can you go into your Audio options (Esc->Options->Audio) and make sure that all the volume sliders are set to 100% "on"?  Click on them to make sure they are all at their maximum volume level, just to be sure.

And have you recently upgraded your system and/or switched to a new OS?

Also check these threads for possible fixes:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/535673-sound-randomly-goes-down/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500028-windows-10-audio-driver-problems/

Hey ArmaChaos,

We definitely did not remove any ambient sound from the game, and we are not experiencing any sort of weirdness with it.  Can you go into your Audio options (Esc->Options->Audio) and make sure that all the volume sliders are set to 100% "on"?  Click on them to make sure they are all at their maximum volume level, just to be sure.

And have you recently upgraded your system and/or switched to a new OS?

Also check these threads for possible fixes:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/535673-sound-randomly-goes-down/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/500028-windows-10-audio-driver-problems/

Thank you for the attention George, I'll test this right now and will update the topic with my finds.

btw, I'm using the same configurations and equipament on my pc as ever.

Ok, I just did a Void mission to test what George say, and I have some screenshots here (I know, screenshots on audio feedback is a little.... out of place):

First, here my audio configuration ingame. The master sound always was that level because I play with friends on skype and need to hear them., and it's high enough to hear the game perfectly.

yPKEFpK.jpg

Here are examples of the proximity of enemies shooting at me. I can hear them, but it's not like the sound is low, but looks like I'm in a strong vacuum effect of Eris.

XAuZzIc.jpg

e8O2r28.jpg

it5ilQT.jpg

So, to test another thing, I used a Specter to see if the enemies were bugged. You know, Tenno don't speak, so I need to check that way. The sound of the Specter were so low that if I close my eyes I can forget about him.

Ska8zMM.jpg

And the Death Orb, that normally play a "charge" sound and them a stomp. No charge sound, very weak stomp sound.

EstUDUj.jpg

I know that screenshots won't help that much, it's an audio problem after all, but I don't have the gear to record audio or video to show things more detailed, sorry. And thank you again for the help George.

UPDATE: I just finished the TA, and the sound during the mission was normal. I think that the Void it's the problem.

Edited by ArmaChaos

For the OP, I have a feeling its with reverb effects being tuned wrongly with the void.

For those who don't know, reverbation is a type of echo distortion that makes it feel as if you're in a room where the walls are reflecting the audio back (think of the echo that a small, highschool-sized basketball court gives.)

Or simply:

Edited by Frawg

Hey ArmaChaos,

If you can post a vid that would be great... if you can get it to work.  

Thanks.

Excuse me DE_George, any comments on why Heks glorious firing sound was changed? The forums is pretty much in uproar about it so I feel like someone from the audio team should make a comment about it. 

Here is your video

The problem is definitely on your side. 

If you need anything else as proof please do tell. 

Here you have a smash death orb

The Devs do their job as good as they can. sometimes they miss something, but this is why we are the Beta testing Tenno.

Edited by Terrorist939

my issues with sound is changed SFX, nothing wrong with distances, try taking master volume to max level then check, if it is fixed, then keep it at highest level, then reduce all other sliders, worked when I had a similar issue before, but it auto fixed when I restarted PC :)

tho I will admit, my most loathed sound changes are all trader guns (mara and prisma) and hek, I miss the old war cannon feeling :3 personally, I would like to have all special variants with the same fire sound of the normal ones, Prisma gorgon sounds awkward, like a cricket, and prisma grakata is too loud, louder than Twin Grakatas ._.

other than that, GJ DE

Yeah I too was rather taken aback at how the Hek/V now sounds.  It's like I'm shooting my weapon from 500m behind me and hearing a metallic echo.  Please revert back to the previous Hek sound file.  It's what made firing that weapon feel incredible.

There is something weird that killing shot with most guns, it generates a strange sound effect like a bow shot.

It is most noticeable when you are invisible (Loki).

Even Atomos can act like a bow...

It acts like a BOW if you are not the host, every kill triggers a bow shot sound and knocks the body back for several meters away... that is hilarious.

Also Atomos no longer has its special feature. Missing Killing Animation (On Fire Panic)