Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make It Possible To Get Prime Accessories Without Paying

(PSN)flare325

New Idea

once a fortnight (when Baro Ki'Teer arrives) He will say like, "On my ventures I encountered something strange in the void, maybe you would like to check it out, and from then until his next visit, one set of prime accessories are added to the Orokin Derelict. 

The set could how they were actually released, or just a random collection. Or mayee it could be one per Baro visit, which is only available when he's there, but it is a first time 100% (Or like a 15% chance, but once you get it you cant get it again?) drop from a vault along with the corrupted mod, but is only available the first time you open a vault. This would still put worth on the item, as well as putting some incentive to go back to the derelicts (Because lets face it, those things are sitting there not being used aside from the occasional vault run or lephantis farm).

Old Idea

I've seen how cool most of the prime accessories look, and I have bought a prime access pack (Nova Prime), bit because I am on PS4 I couldn't choose the upgraded pack to include the accessories as well. The Orokin Void is a great place to put drops in, but the drop tables are already packed enough as it is, so how about we put parts of the syndanas into the derelict, but sugatras and chestplates, kneeguards, shoulderguards etc. come ready made. 

Syndanas: Would have three parts, BP, Linking and materials. Heres an example.

Yamako Prime Syandana: BP (ODD), Linking (ODC and ODE) and Materials (ODS).

Armour pieces: Edo Prime Chetsplate (ODS). 

This would be a really good addition to the game, especially if you put spy missions into the void and orokin derelict.

Now I know some of you will be like "If you want it pay for it", but I live in australia and the Prime access is  around $105, and Prime accessories is around $80. Plus people have to pay for basic needs like food and bills as well, and most just dont want to pay, but still want the items. Prime Access items (The warframe and weapons or sentinels or archwings) are available for free as it releases, but you just need to farm.

Comment if you would like this! or other ideas for this topic.

Edit: Added Spoilers to avoid text wall

Edited by (PS4)flare325

But then there's even less incentive to buy prime access. And the people who buy it are supporting DE, and the accessories are a nice reward for doing so. Why should you get them for free?

Basically the same concept as founder emblems, but on a smaller scale.

STFu

Wow, a bit salty too much?

Well a lot of folks only pay for prime accessories just because you can't obtain them. Honestly I don't mind them, they look nice but they don't change anything gameplay-wise so its not issue of balance or something. And DE needs some moneyz to eat.

I think that Warframe already has a really generous free2play model, there has to be some items that are cash only; they can't stay in business with happy thoughts alone. Just be happy that said cash items are cosmetic only.

Sorry, it's a 'no' for me.

As much as we'd like to sit there, cross our fingers, and hope that everything can be gained for free, not everything can.

The exclusivity behind the accessories plays a huge factor in Prime Access sales. If that were removed, profits would plummet.

The way it is now seems fine to me. 

As you said, people have to pay for basic needs like food and bills as well. 

The devs are people too you know. And so those basic needs apply to them. On top of that more money means they'll keep working on Warframe. 

Sounds like a good deal to me. 

Basically the same concept as founders, but on a smaller scale.

Also this

I think that Warframe already has a really generous free2play model, there has to be some items that are cash only; they can't stay in business with happy thoughts alone. Just be happy that said cash items are cosmetic only.

I will say one thing, Prisma cosmetics (Like Prisma Excalibur and his helmets) really shouldn't be Plat-purchases. Prismas are the mark of experienced players who either earned them (Rather, earned the ducats to get them) or had to trade players who earned them.

Honestly, I'd not mind being able to get some of the prime accessories. I don't mind DE putting the accessories behind a pay wall. It's a revenue stream DE kinda needs given the game is free to play. Unfortunately, the price point for those accessories is a bit high and I've only got so much money I can afford throw at DE. As it is, I only buy plat when I've got a 50% coupon so I can actually get some mileage out of my purchase.

Anyway. Enough about me being a cheap poor bastard. There's the exclusivity crowd to appease, But I don't think those accessories need to stay exclusive forever. How about when the prime access for those items end (or if that's not enough exclusive time, when the next prime access ends) they could start appearing as rewards to special Void alerts/events or show up in Baro Ki'Teer's inventory from time to time? Hell, have Darvo sell them as something special, that way DE can make even more money off them. 

Hey guys,

maybe they could have that once a fortnight (when Baro Ki'Teer arrives) He will say like, "On my ventures I encountered something strange in the void, maybe you would like to check it out, and from then until his next visit, one set of prime accessories are added to the Orokin Derelict. 

The set could how they were actually released, or just a random collection. Or mayee it could be one per Baro visit, which is only available when he's there, but it is a first time 100% (Or like a 15% chance, but once you get it you cant get it again?) drop from a vault along with the corrupted mod, but is only available the first time you open a vault. This would still put worth on the item, as well as putting some incentive to go back to the derelicts (Because lets face it, those things are sitting there not being used aside from the occasional vault run or lephantis farm).

Ideas?

Anyway. Enough about me being a cheap poor bastard. There's the exclusivity crowd to appease, But I don't think those accessories need to stay exclusive forever. How about when the prime access for those items end (or if that's not enough exclusive time, when the next prime access ends) they could start appearing as rewards to special Void alerts/events or show up in Baro Ki'Teer's inventory from time to time? Hell, have Darvo sell them as something special, that way DE can make even more money off them. 

Just like the founders did in the beginning, the PA are for people supporting the game money wise..... from their standpoint I will say no. 

We who 'financially support' [DE], should remain rewarded in a sense.... and this is a way in rewarding us who help in keeping this game F2P and flurishing. So next time you see someone flashing their exclusive syandana and stuff, don't feel jealous but feel proud that person is a contributer!

That Baro brings out weapons we already had in the beginning is not bad..... because we got them free from Events and Alerts... But he should never bring out exclusive gears... otherwise I'll send coordinates myself to Vay Hek to destroy that Relay :-).

But he should never bring out exclusive gears... otherwise I'll send coordinates myself to Vay Hek to destroy that Relay :-).

But seriously Prisma skins and helmets should be available for ducats. A LOT of ducats/ credits, but I don't understand the thematic reasoning in making a Prisma which is plat-only. I get the monetary reason.

Hey guys,

maybe they could have that once a fortnight (when Baro Ki'Teer arrives) He will say like, "On my ventures I encountered something strange in the void, maybe you would like to check it out, and from then until his next visit, one set of prime accessories are added to the Orokin Derelict. 

Ideas?

I love this idea, not only because it would give the prime accessories for normal access, but also because it still leaves incentive to get prime access.  maybe the current accessories in the prime access would not be available while they are in prime access, and then after a month or two they would be on the lists for accessories available by the derelict rotation thing.

all of the +1

(ps. I don't quite get why people get so dang salty over prime access and exclusive items becoming less exclusive, it's overpriced as it is, and a minor reduction in price would go a hell of a long way.  but that's just my opinion...)

Edited by (XB1)gnashermaster97

That Baro brings out weapons we already had in the beginning is not bad..... because we got them free from Events and Alerts... But he should never bring out exclusive gears... otherwise I'll send coordinates myself to Vay Hek to destroy that Relay :-).

I should report you to the lotus for just saying that you TRAITOR!  The last relay destroyed killed far too many civies, and I will not let you recreate it!

:-p

I love this idea, not only because it would give the prime accessories for normal access, but also because it still leaves incentive to get prime access.  maybe the current accessories in the prime access would not be available while they are in prime access, and then after a month or two they would be on the lists for accessories available by the derelict rotation thing.

all of the +1

(ps. I don't quite get why people get so dang salty over prime access and exclusive items becoming less exclusive, it's overpriced as it is, and a minor reduction in price would go a hell of a long way.  but that's just my opinion...)

Thanks! Your probably the only one aside from my friends who actually like my idea! :D

Like what he said.. i mean They have trading? Learn to Farm Primes and wait till they go off the Market xD

In the beginning I agreed with the whole "DE's gotta make money. Why pay when you can farm?" but then as I went down I realized that if the individual cosmetic parts went up for sale for platinum in Darvo's shop or somewhere, they'd still be making money technically.

At some point, somebody paid for that platinum.

Arguing that it's a slap in the face to veteran players is like arguing that a postage stamp should lose its value as time goes on because the post office needs to sell more stamps to stay in business. (I'm a huge fan of forever stamps and think it was long overdue logic)

No. Money was put down in exchange for a service, it doesn't matter when, that should be enough to redeem prime accessories.

They paid, I paid, that should be enough.

They paid early, so they got to be the trendy runway models for months and months.

But after all that time I should be able to buy the old styles from thrift shops of something. That's real world economy.

But... I don't think it should be something a person can F2P at any time. They're just cosmetics, As fun as it is to work on styles, it doesn't effect mastery rank, it's not an important enough aspect to the game where it needs to be open to a grinding system.

In the beginning I agreed with the whole "DE's gotta make money. Why pay when you can farm?" but then as I went down I realized that if the individual cosmetic parts went up for sale for platinum in Darvo's shop or somewhere, they'd still be making money technically.

At some point, somebody paid for that platinum.

Arguing that it's a slap in the face to veteran players is like arguing that a postage stamp should lose its value as time goes on because the post office needs to sell more stamps to stay in business. (I'm a huge fan of forever stamps and think it was long overdue logic)

No. Money was put down in exchange for a service, it doesn't matter when, that should be enough to redeem prime accessories.

They paid early, so they got to be the trendy runway models for months and months.

But after all that time I should be able to buy the old styles from thrift shops of something. That's real world economy.

But... I don't think it should be something a person can F2P at any time. They're just cosmetics, As fun as it is to work on styles, it doesn't effect mastery rank, it's not an important enough aspect to the game where it needs to be open to a grinding system.

Preettyyy much that.

Or have it so its very cheap but he comes around every 3 weeks..

lol

Grand Master, Thank you! But in the real world, exclusive is exclusive and remains exclusive untill the exclusive item is exclusively done! Say that the exclusive item is sold from its exclusive owners to another exclusive owner I would reason with my reasonableness and say hmmmmm, yeah that can do! Like that you can also keep the economy rolling..... Like you said in the last part, it's just cosmetics and wanna haves so it works on the impulsive or just collecting buyers... in the same way it will make others that only want to get and not give the insentive to give more for more...

Me mum always taught me that Beggers are not Choosers: So when you beg (or get something for free), you cannot choose! 

(no insult to anyone intended in this post, it's just a saying)

-AngelShur-

Grand Master, Thank you! But in the real world, exclusive is exclusive and remains exclusive untill the exclusive item is exclusively done! Say that the exclusive item is sold from its exclusive owners to another exclusive owner I would reason with my reasonableness and say hmmmmm, yeah that can do! Like that you can also keep the economy rolling..... Like you said in the last part, it's just cosmetics and wanna haves so it works on the impulsive or just collecting buyers... in the same way it will make others that only want to get and not give the insentive to give more for more...

Me mum always taught me that Beggers are not Choosers: So when you beg (or get something for free), you cannot choose!

(no insult to anyone intended in this post, it's just a saying)

-AngelShur-

the items would still be exclusive, but only for a time.

Ps. Can you not make posts like this that sound like a cryptic mess of redundancy and childish "but its MINE" attitude?

It would make it easier for us all.

Also when you do this it makes. You sound like donald trump trying to weasel his way out of an interview question tbh.