Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Not Sure About The Bulletjump Change

Feyangol

Except they are not.

Freeze - low damage, slow does not affect parkour

Ice Wave - hard to hit, does not follow aim properly. Slow is meaningless.

Snow Globe - its ok.

Avalanche - low range, low damage, short stun. Casting it in open is suicide.

200 energy per minute? Collecting all orbs? Enemies can also collect them. And staying alive is far easier on Ash Prime, Frost Prime then on Loki or Nyx.

Also that kill-pick energy cycle only works with Ember and World on Fire. Other abilities can't really support that cycle by it self.

You seriously glossed over snow globe. A very popular and effective strat is to bring a heavy melee, cast snowglobe, and sit inside of it. Everyone comes rushing in to their deaths. Very powerful.

Edited by PhaseShifted

Except they are not.

Freeze - low damage, slow does not affect parkour

Ice Wave - hard to hit, does not follow aim properly. Slow is meaningless.

Snow Globe - its ok.

Avalanche - low range, low damage, short stun. Casting it in open is suicide.

his ulti is way better than you make it look like, people just dont use it properly, just like his others abilities, they are just nothing special compared to globe and avalanche

And staying alive is far easier on Ash Prime, Frost Prime then on Loki or Nyx.

of corse, tanks last longer so they have more time to collect energy, but casters can kill faster thanks to their abilities, making them more deadly, killing more=more energy drops from enemies.

Also that kill-pick energy cycle only works with Ember and World on Fire. Other abilities can't really support that cycle by it self.

cast>get a kill>collect the energy from corpse>cast again>get a kill>collect the energy from corpse>cast again>get a kill>collect the energy from corpse>cast again............................

its not only ember, most frames can do it just fine, i cant see your point here

Why you always "sound" so salty with me? what do you have against keeping the energy on death?

You already do. There are a number of abilities that get you closer to an enemy or stun them from range. Excal Slash dash, Atlas landslide, Rhino charge, Volt speed, Banshee Sonic boom, Frost Freeze, Valkyr Ripleine, you get the point. In fact nearly every currently available frame in pvp has a decent ability that can synergize well with melee.

Except they don't.

Bullet jumping puts you far away from just about any movement ability, and the ability to either roll and completely mitigate damage (lol) or ridiculous abilities (see Frost Proc, Chroma damage reflect, Rhino iron skin) keep you from ever being able to really melee down anyone who even barely grasps the basics of this game.

Oh let's not mention that it doesn't matter if you even do use those abilities to close the gap, because your boy just ice proc'd and jumped away! And he probably shot you in the face while doing it!

The ice proc legitimately STOPS a melee player from doing what they're trying to do. It doesn't impair the style, it obliterates it. Similarly to the pre patch slam attacks, it is a near-unmissable-zero-risk-but-ultra-high-reward ability. It's not even like it eats energy; you miss it, you just do it again.

Any and all of the abilities you mentioned don't do anything but give you a temporary close with melee, which is then immediately offset by either one of what I just mentioned. Couple that with the fact that if you want to do any kind of legitimate damage with a melee weapon, you now must channel, which immediately puts you at a disadvantage against a player like yourself who simply bullet jumps and pew pews the whole time.

Of course, you can completely offset the advantages of a heavy frame by playing a heavy frame, but forcing players into certain frames if they want to be competitive isn't a balance. It's imbalance. 

If you can't see the problem with being able to stop someone from moving just by jumping near them, idk what to tell you.

You seriously glossed over snow globe. A very popular and effective strat is to bring a heavy melee, cast snowglobe, and sit inside of it. Everyone comes rushing in to their deaths. Very powerful.

You can fly over it and shoot him. Slows don't affect parkour speed or ranged weapons. But yeah never try to melee him inside.

Why you always "sound" so salty with me? what do you have against keeping the energy on death?

The only thing I am salty about is poor game design choices that makes ability system trivial. No cooldown system is extremely bad as it only promotes spamming ultimates. Warframes have 4 abilities but only 1-2 are actually used.

I don't want Conclave to become easy ability spam. All I want is the warframe choice to actually matter. Right now stats are mostly what you want to chose rather then something unique about warframes.

Edited by -CM-igo95862

Whoa...just realized....does the fire bullet jump mod set people in fire??

Cuz...I see an Ember troll setup in the near future if this is the case.

Yes. Sets people on fire, appears to be 100% proc just like the cold one that I've tested. I'm guessing all of them are 100% proc chance.

I don't see it working that way with Ember. The mods only have an effect when at 100% energy, and I don't see an Ember both wasting energy and gaining back to 100% to use bullet jump on targets.

Yes. Sets people on fire, appears to be 100% proc just like the cold one that I've tested. I'm guessing all of them are 100% proc chance.

I don't see it working that way with Ember. The mods only have an effect when at 100% energy, and I don't see an Ember both wasting energy and gaining back to 100% to use bullet jump on targets.

How about teaming with people using the fire jump mod, no one actually using guns, and ember user(s) trading using accelerant?

The only thing I am salty about is poor game design choices that makes ability system trivial. No cooldown system is extremely bad as it only promotes spamming ultimates. Warframes have 4 abilities but only 1-2 are actually used.

I don't want Conclave to become easy ability spam. All I want is the warframe choice to actually matter. Right now stats are mostly what you want to chose rather then something unique about warframes.

i see your point and agree, but why do you dislike the idea of keeping the energy on death?