Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Not Sure About The Bulletjump Change

Feyangol

Heyho,

I just want to mention my concerns about the bulletjump change:

I did not play so far, but I could imagine that the new bulletjump with the new conclave parkour mods is as good as it was before u17.5 without them. This would change nearly nothing for regular conclave players, but it gives new players a disadvantage. I don't understand, why you decided, that you have to weaken the players with the most problems.

Guest Pun-chee

Is there a toxic proc?

I don't know. I only bought all the mods and checked the damage when ranked up. I have never seen actual toxin proc in Conclave, everything else but not toxin.

Yeah, I'm with you here. I don't quite agree with the change. It feels like it came about to make melee more reliable or to slow combat in general down.

The problem is neither of those really happen. All that the change caused is more issues for new players (being even slower than they were) and frustration for older players (who now have to adapt to it). My biggest gripe with it is that we lost verticality. Unless we jump straight up or at a steep angle, we now don't even leave the ground.

It also feels an awful lot like I'm jumping in molasses. It still works alright, but it does not feel nearly as smooth and fluid as before.

The elemental bullet jump mods that were introduced are also pretty broken. I picked up the Ice one because I figured it would proc every time, and, since it does, I can just bounce around and slow people (while dealing fair damage) for 0 energy cost once I hit max energy.

Edit: Personally, I'd like the bullet jumps to be closer to what they were prior to the change, and the mods could be nerfed accordingly. At least removing the forced proc would help balance things out.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

I don't see the point of the nerf to bullet jump distance.

Changing performance from the PvE game only serves to confuse PvP entrants. All the weapons have the same base utility stats (magazine size, accuracy, recoil, etc.) to ensure players can comfortably switch between usage of weapons in PvE and PvP. This change goes against that, for pretty much no reason at all.

Was it to make the new bullet jump mods more attractive?

Honestly, they could do without the +20% to bullet jump component. The damage alone is sufficient.

Maybe it would have been nice to retain the same bullet jump velocity, and the mods simply just add damage to bullet jump at max energy?

Sure, except the total bulletjump you get from having the mod exceeds that of what you got before 17.5. It's really nice, helps a lot and rewards no-power play.

Sure, except the total bulletjump you get from having the mod exceeds that of what you got before 17.5. It's really nice, helps a lot and rewards no-power play.

gotcha

the problem is: if your are not a top player that can keep that energy up without dying you are screwed.

thats why we shoud not loose our energy when we die...let us keep out energy.

No power play should be punished not rewarded. You stop using one of the key elements of game and is rewarded for it?

It's cool that they seem to give ranged players a ridiculously hard counter to melee players.

It'd be nice if they gave us the same thing.

You already do. There are a number of abilities that get you closer to an enemy or stun them from range. Excal Slash dash, Atlas landslide, Rhino charge, Volt speed, Banshee Sonic boom, Frost Freeze, Valkyr Ripleine, you get the point. In fact nearly every currently available frame in pvp has a decent ability that can synergize well with melee.

Edited by PhaseShifted

No power play should be punished not rewarded. You stop using one of the key elements of game and is rewarded for it?

You are already rewarded by using abilities, by getting kills with it.

the current abilitie spam system is so broken ,op and unfun, how could you get even more rewarded for using it?

yesterday i played with you and you play actually very well, i was actually impress that someone like you, that is allways on power using side played so well without using them.

Edited by JeyciKon

You are already rewarded by using abilities, by getting kills with it.

the current abilitie spam system is so broken ,op and unfun, how could you get even more rewarded for using it?

yesterday i played with you and you play actually very well, i was actually impress that someone like you, that is allways on power using side played so well without using them.

Abilities spam? What patch is that? The energy spawns are so limited that you barelly cast any abilities. Even in last patch there were only couple abilities worth casting. Most abilities do very little damage.

I played without using abilities because I was using Frost Prime - best ehp with terrible abilities. (besides Snow Globe) With new mods you can gain unchallenged mobility if you don't use abilities and since Frost does not have good abilities you can abuse his high EHP with those new mods. High EHP frames needed a nerf not a buff.

Also I am not for abilities spam. What I want is all four abilities being utilized without spamming. The best way to do that is to introduce cooldowns and reduce the cost of most abilities. This way frames would be unique rather then just a bunch of hp and shields with Frost Prime, Ash Prime being best.

Abilities spam? What patch is that? The energy spawns are so limited that you barelly cast any abilities. Even in last patch there were only couple abilities worth casting. Most abilities do very little damage.

I played without using abilities because I was using Frost Prime - best ehp with terrible abilities. (besides Snow Globe) With new mods you can gain unchallenged mobility if you don't use abilities and since Frost does not have good abilities you can abuse his high EHP with those new mods. High EHP frames needed a nerf not a buff.

Also I am not for abilities spam. What I want is all four abilities being utilized without spamming. The best way to do that is to introduce cooldowns and reduce the cost of most abilities. This way frames would be unique rather then just a bunch of hp and shields with Frost Prime, Ash Prime being best.

He might be confused because of the energy flux or overpowered modes, which double the energy economy. While I dislike the entire concept, I wouldn't say it's unbalanced. It's there to encourage ability-based gameplay, which at this point is not completely unbalanced.

frost prime actually have really good abilities compared to most frames.

and it is still way too easy to spam abilities for over everage players, i can still get 200 energy in 1 minute just fine if i stay alive for that time,

and no, the problem is not really the current energy spawn, but the fact that you drop your energy on death, that makes powers spammable for over everage players.

you use a power -> you kill the enemy -> you get energy to pay-off most of the power cost.

just leave us keep our energy on death please, that will fix a lot of things.

He might be confused because of the energy flux or overpowered modes, which double the energy economy. While I dislike the entire concept, I wouldn't say it's unbalanced. It's there to encourage ability-based gameplay, which at this point is not completely unbalanced.

i never played that and never will, those mods are kinda dump for me.

frost prime actually have really good abilities compared to most frames.

Except they are not.

Freeze - low damage, slow does not affect parkour

Ice Wave - hard to hit, does not follow aim properly. Slow is meaningless.

Snow Globe - its ok.

Avalanche - low range, low damage, short stun. Casting it in open is suicide.

and it is still way too easy to spam abilities for over everage players, i can still get 200 energy in 1 minute just fine if i stay alive for that time,

and no, the problem is not really the current energy spawn, but the fact that you drop your energy on death, that makes powers spammable for over everage players.

you use a power -> you kill the enemy -> you get energy to pay-off most of the power cost.

just leave us keep our energy on death please, that will fix a lot of things.

200 energy per minute? Collecting all orbs? Enemies can also collect them. And staying alive is far easier on Ash Prime, Frost Prime then on Loki or Nyx.

Also that kill-pick energy cycle only works with Ember and World on Fire. Other abilities can't really support that cycle by it self.