Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Still The Worst Warframe Ever? Update 17.6.2 Analysis!

tripletriple

He's not the worst frame. It's just that the bar was set much higher with the Excalibur and Frost reworks that Atlas feels like a much older design philosophy without scaling abities etc...

He is without a doubt the worst. There is no comparison. He offers absolutely nothing to a team. A case can be made for any other frame. 

He is without a doubt the worst. There is no comparison. He offers absolutely nothing to a team. A case can be made for any other frame.

By that definitely that also makes Mirage the worst frame because her abilities only benefit herself and she brings nothing to the team (without augments). Edited by weezedog

Atlas' Petrify can CC a whole room, his golems distract and CC enemies, and his landslide can CC groups of enemies. That's a benefit to the team, even if minor. He's by no means a great frame as he is, but I'd still play him over Limbo or (pre-buffed) Ember.

i gladly admit i havent actually played him yet ( my atlas is building and should be finished tomorrow evening ) but i d really like the defenders to explain what s good about him - i m basing my feeling that he s bad not only on forum opinions but plain simple math as outlined bellow:

1. according to warframe builder a spin or leap attack with my Jat Kittag does ~4000 damage and ragdolls enemies.

with really high power strengh landslide does 1000, 2000 and then 4000 damage after 3 uses ( at minimum 20 energy with high power efficiency)

so basically i m spending time AND energy on something that does less damage and less CC than my melee weapon - how the heck is that supposed to be usefull for anyone unless you somehow dont use potatoed/forma d weapons ? Are you at least immune to damage while

landsliding ? is it at least finisher damage so could maybe be usefull for triggering the arcanes invisibility ?

Would be great if people that already have atlas explain if there s some hidden quality to landslide because the math otherwise definitly speaks against it.

2. one of my first memories of doing endless content was how my rhino iron skin faded away in 1 sec as soon as the enemies lvls started rising. Iron skin is just 300 hp less than tectonics ( but it protects from all sides, gives status immunity and you dont have to cover behind it but it moves with you and doesnt hinder your offense ) or rumblers.

Would b great if people that already have atlas explain if there s some hidden quality to tectonics / rumblers that arent obvious from the numbers.

maybe some hidden DR , i.e. they may have only 1500 HP but have such juge armor that they can take a lot more than it seems.

But if its seriously just 1500 HP with nothing else then again the math alone is proof enough that these abilities are an utter waste of energy for anything beyond lvl 20-30. better use that energy for quick thinking then .....

3. so far there s pretty mixed reports on whether petrify is usefull. the low power costs speaks for it - but i m reading plenty of reports that against the enemies where you actually want CC (heavies) it takes too long. If so then again, what is the point of it ? why would you waste a group slot on someone who can only realibably CC trash in a small cone when there s plenty of frames that CC 360 degrees including heavies , i.e. the enemies you actually want CCed ?

Anyhow, i really like Atlas looks and i dont really mind that warframe is not 100% balanced for all the many frames. Also for me T4 40min is enough and i dont care whether a frame is still meaningfull at 60, 80 or 100 mins .....  but between 20 and 40mins i want the frame i m playing to be at least make a meaningfull contribution to the group. I personally ( based on the math as outlined above) cant see anything Atlas provides in that regard which is damn shame. Hopefully you can explain me where i m wrong and that there are hidden qualities to his abilities that are not obvious rom the math or if thats not the case DE get around to fixing him.

I actually love Atlas, he's becoming my second favorite warframe to play as, but my problem is I can't find a good balance. Since all of his skills based around the three powers, I focus on making the rumblers great, too low strength and they are useless, too high strength and you have to sacrifice something else. I feel stuck in the middle area trying to make a balance of strength, duration, and a hint of range as well as taking advantage of using steel fiber for his armor buff.

These are my thoughts on Atlas, yes before you tear me apart I do agree he could use some stat buffs, but I think he's a hell of a lot of fun to use.
Also sorry about the weird formatting, I'm just copy pasting this from another thread since I already typed it all out, and I use the dark theme too, so you should all be able to read it

Landslide: Needs to do more damage, and scale better into late game, has some interesting CC

Tectonics: the initial cast wall just needs more range, it doesn't really block much (though in defense i've found it useful to plant it RIGHT next to the pod). I don't like the second cast, the bowling ball is too hard to aim, has too tiny range (yes you could mod more range, but that decimates his other abilities). Team mates should be able to walk through it (maybe the rocks comprising the wall would stretch or morph around team mates and push out of the way as they walk through, then snap back into place?) also i feel like pressing tectonics the second time (after erecting a wall) should make the wall morph around atlas's body, kinda like rhino skin, except not full on god mode, just give him a straight armor buff depending on the strength of the wall. (as well as this armor buff would have as much health as the rock wall would normally). Finally i think the wall needs a health boost, it just gets destroyed so easy

Petrify: contrary to what a lot of people think its IMMENSELY useful, you don't have to completely petrify people to get some use out of it, turn it on, sweep your mouse around (about as fast as you would if you were spraying at an enemy running away from your bullets, not slowly, but not too fast) and you'll stagger all the small enemies for about 5s, and the bigger ones for 3s. and the longer you keep the beam on them the longer they get staggered

"But Lil what am I going to do with 3-5s+??" - Well a lot actually, jump away, use landslide to stagger/knock them down, kill the big ones so you can prioritize the little ones, summon a wall as cover. you name it, you're the space ninja

Rumblers: They just need to have more health/armor, and scale better in terms of damage late game, I'd say ''AI REWORK" but that will come with time, DE can only use the assets that they have

Edited by LilLemay

really...worst frame? He is a better tank than valkyr. He has massive survivability. His power one is fantastic, i've been three shotting level 50 enemies without any damage buffs.

Petrify is so useful, specially when range is increased on it, can freeze whole swarms for my buddy, or golems, to smash. And those golems have pretty decent AI as well, haven't had any problems with them.

About all I could agree with your statement is his barrier and golems need a health buff.

I really want to see petrify changed to put a timed debuff on the target that turns the enemy to stone at the same speed as now, but that you don't have to continue to channel the ability. You only have to hit the target with the beam, and then you can turn it off. The way it is now is too limiting, you cant hardly move at all, you can't do anything else, I can't even see through the spell effect clearly enough to tell they have been petrified, I have to go by the sound effect it makes when they turn to stone.

really...worst frame? He is a better tank than valkyr. He has massive survivability. His power one is fantastic, i've been three shotting level 50 enemies without any damage buffs.

Petrify is so useful, specially when range is increased on it, can freeze whole swarms for my buddy, or golems, to smash. And those golems have pretty decent AI as well, haven't had any problems with them.

About all I could agree with your statement is his barrier and golems need a health buff.

Just want to correct some blatant lies in your argument. Right off the bat you say he is more tanky than Valkyr.  I'm going to assume you've never played valkyr. She has a higher base armor than him.

Atlas has 450 armor base and valkyr has 600 base. On top of that she has an armor buff for her and her team. Then she can go invulnerable to any damage completely.  

Any high level missions will get you killed using petrify since it is not 360 degrees. Do some research  before you make claims that's all.

Edited by tripletriple

It's not that hard to fix Atlas:

Landslide and Ruimbler damage scales off melee mods.

Tectonics and Rumblers inherit Atlas Health and Armor mods,

Tectonics scales with range mods, rolling knocks enemies away

Petrify no longer a toggle, just a cast that turns enemies to stone over time, or make it so that affected enemies continue to turn to stone on their own without having to continue to channel the ability. (aka you quickly burst this ability rather than channeling it for a long time)

Edited by weezedog

Hydroid = boss.

Ember = fine.

You want frames that can be designated as worst? Limbo, all the nerfs he received, that thing is useless but nobody cares because nobody even considers limbo anymore.

(also nekros)

I can agree limbo has fallen into obscurity and is utterly trash right now, but you've got to be kidding me. Nekros bad? Terrify being able to be recast, scaling shadows, and either despoil or shield of shadows and he's been made a ridiculously good.