Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Needs To Be A Separate Thread De Puts Out Strictly For All Upcoming Nerfs

(PSN)jensyao

for all the guns that just came out and require a nerf, can you tell us those guns are getting nerfed ahead of time?

i don't want to go through the falling in love stage of a gun where i put so much time and dedication to forma it 5 times just to find out it's "too strong" and then falling out of love and not using the gun ever again once it gets nerfed

I know warframe itself as a whole is still in beta phase but for the guns that require a recall or a nerf, can there be a bold typed blog about it somewhere instead of having people speculate that all the new syndicate guns will get a nerf?

this predisposition of myth spewed on a bits and pieces of "facts" really puts people on edge about dedicating time and work ethic to forma any gun 5 times and then having it nerfed, case and point, synoid gammacor never lived up to the hype and expectations of what it used to be, even with prime heated charge and 6 forma

I spent 6 days wrestling with myself thinking whether or not to 5 forma the new syndicate guns and i finally gave in to the forma...i could have been done by now when i was too busy dabbling over all the the hearsay and possible DE posts hinting to the upcoming nerfs

there needs to be a separate thread DE puts out strictly for all upcoming nerfs

the days of weeding out relevant material hidden in hotfix notes is over, we need something quick fast and simple, plus warnings ahead of time so there's no anticlimactic ending to every update we get if the stuff is revoked of its full potential with an upcoming nerf

So - before DE can even have a good handle on whether or not a weapon is in need of stat adjustment ... ya know, because no one has actually USED it yet?

Somehow they have to KNOW ahead of time what those numbers are going to be so you can be informed enough to not even bother using those new weapons?

Because your virtual resources and time are so precious obviously - that's why you play video games, right? Because your time is oh so precious and important?

What are they supposed to do - hire psychics?!

No, they're supposed to test the weapons and warframes which they make.

I'm sure a dev team can test all the content they create in every single scenario with every single mod at every single rank to then release it to millions of players, but it isn't DE.

for all the guns that just came out and require a nerf, can you tell us those guns are getting nerfed ahead of time?

i don't want to go through the falling in love stage of a gun where i put so much time and dedication to forma it 5 times just to find out it's "too strong" and then falling out of love and not using the gun ever again once it gets nerfed

I know warframe itself as a whole is still in beta phase but for the guns that require a recall or a nerf, can there be a bold typed blog about it somewhere instead of having people speculate that all the new syndicate guns will get a nerf?

this predisposition of myth spewed on a bits and pieces of "facts" really puts people on edge about dedicating time and work ethic to forma any gun 5 times and then having it nerfed, case and point, synoid gammacor never lived up to the hype and expectations of what it used to be, even with prime heated charge and 6 forma

I spent 6 days wrestling with myself thinking whether or not to 5 forma the new syndicate guns and i finally gave in to the forma...i could have been done by now when i was too busy dabbling over all the the hearsay and possible DE posts hinting to the upcoming nerfs

there needs to be a separate thread DE puts out strictly for all upcoming nerfs

the days of weeding out relevant material hidden in hotfix notes is over, we need something quick fast and simple, plus warnings ahead of time so there's no anticlimactic ending to every update we get if the stuff is revoked of its full potential with an upcoming nerf

Warframe is not in beta. The second a company starts taking money from their customers, they are no longer beta-testing their product. And no matter what they tell us, they are just fooling us. And when we start believing them, we empover some very weird and bad concept. So you invalidated your whole post with this one sentence I marked.

If anything, DE should bring a public test server online, where they can test upcoming patches. This way, they will find out whether some new item is too overpowered, or underpowered, or just not working... or at least run more tests, the sheer ammount of bugs introduced with every update and n months old bugs still not fixed makes me doubt their profesionalism.

The whole "open beta" excuse seems to me like an attempt to not be held responsible for anything they do.

The word "beta" doesen't exist in warframe's main page and isn't even present in steam's entire page about the game. Not early access, not beta not nothing mentioned at all regarding the so called "open beta".

Just to cool down some fire:

Open Beta Agreement

Warframe is not in beta. The second a company starts taking money from their customers, they are no longer beta-testing their product. And no matter what they tell us, they are just fooling us. And when we start believing them, we empover some very weird and bad concept. So you invalidated your whole post with this one sentence I marked.

If anything, DE should bring a public test server online, where they can test upcoming patches. This way, they will find out whether some new item is too overpowered, or underpowered, or just not working... or at least run more tests, the sheer ammount of bugs introduced with every update and n months old bugs still not fixed makes me doubt their profesionalism.

^

The year started with the title "year of Quality" (which is different to Quantity)

& the amount of problems with every update has been so horrible & sad. Changes should be made when Many other things have changed the game so much that a certain item no longuer fits properly on the enviroment (or most of it)... so yeah, it doesn't make any sense as its also disrespecting the player, this thing of launching something that will be nerfed then in about a month or two without having any other major changes. & we're not even talking about the close-n-personal topic it would be if it was about the PvP -which is fine and fun now-. its just PvE & they dont get to release something well tested... 

No, they're supposed to test the weapons and warframes which they make.

So instead of coding damage 2.0 and coding huge upcoming updates they should waste resources on testing weapons that they have us to test? That is what your saying? We shouldn't have to test weapons in a BETA. (the DE says its a Beta so its a Beta deal with it)

The DE team is not the DOTA team. They are not huge they are moderately sized. They already have to much to do your asking them to waste more time testing weapons they have us to test? If so then say good bye to weapons every .1 maybe a new weapon every .5 but those .1 update weapons are GONE.

Also updates times will be tripled making a major update happen every 3-4 months.

P.S

The game has a little thing in the beginning called a TERMS AND AGREEMENT. That states that things are liable to change. They are allowed to change the game in whatever way they want. We are testers until the DE officially says we are out of Beta you have no right to say the game isn't in Beta. 

This is what a early access game is folks. You deal with bugs and unballanced stuff. If you don't like having to deal with buffs and nerfs play another game and come back when the game is officially out of Beta.

Edited by Feallike

There are certain guidelines which apply to everyone, no matter what s/he says or not. And why are people here liking to a 3 year old "Open beta" thread? Early Access/Open Beta was there on steam, during that time I did register to WarFrame, but it was unplayable. There is no longer an open beta.

Now imagine GM would bring out a car, sell it, but say "well folks, the car is in an open beta, you gota test, if it just does not explode while driving"... we do not accept such things. Various products are ALWAYS a subject to changes/fixes/updates, there is nothing different between a software product (be it for productive labor or gaming) and anything else (like cars). Yet we accept this talk about "beta" for our games, but not for our OS or even worse cars. (I am actualy not sure who is worse, the companies who try to sell us for stupid, or the customers who defend such behavior)

Some think we would get patches just every 6 months if DE had to test more + properly. @the people saying this: What are you smoking? You should definitely stop and take something else. Checking your build for bad bugs is not taking an eternity, fixing bugs is not unimportant (there is a phantom enemy bug since a march update, not fixed yet. There is this carrier bug still in the game, where the items float behind you instead of being picked up, it was fixed, then unfixed, then partialy fixed and thats the state it is now. There are still host migration problems.. ).

Btw, when it comes to EULA etc... any point which is against the law is not binding, no matter how often you sign it. No matter what the company makes you believe (extreme example: By signing this end user licence agreement you agree to give your first born to our company).

Just to cool down some fire:

Open Beta Agreement

DE this guy keeps defending you! Give him some plat!

On a more serious note, the whole Beta testing thing is just a cop-out. The agreement only exists so they can't be sued and can't be held accountable for anything they do which is deemed wrong, be it by reviewers or the community. Like a bunch of posters said before me, the moment you start making money of your product it isn't a Beta anymore. Especially since nowhere in game or on Steam does it mention the word Beta.