Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Questions, Answers, & Bug Reports

[DE]Rebecca

"There might be a problem with the alpha channel."

Well, I've had a closer look at it, and the alpha channel appears to be not present in any of the demo files. I'd assume that this is the problem. I have tried some methods of removing this problem, the only leeway I've made so far is removing said problem on the grey parts of the Liset.

Just so we know, a skin made for Excalibur would work on Excalibur Prime? If so, does this apply to all primes to some extent(minus some extra body parts)?

Yes, it would work, because as the wiki states, using skins for non-prime gear on prime gear will replace the stock model with the one the skin uses.

I have one question.

How are situations where stolen art is on textures being sold in warframe going to be handled?

Valve had some history with that and CS:GO and afaik those caught had their content removed or replaced with a texture by their art team before the user was workshop banned and refused any form of association or revenue from valve.

I assume you guys have something like that in pace in case such a situation arises?

So, looks like the Gorgon texturing is FUBAR...

Not only the emissive map covers only half od the Gorgon:

Was using an emissive map consisting solely of vertical white stripes to test it, here's the side that's covered in emissive map
hT5zLCK.png

And this side isn't:
ZmCZNrd.png

But the tint map mask also does some really weird stuff:

No, this red bar isn't supposed to be here.
Yes, it's the side of Gorgon that's not covered in emissive map either. The other side? Works just fine.
POdulWC.png

Waiting for either a fix, or some instructions how to bypass it/do it correctly.

Hey, I have a question about the custom EvolutionPBR Substance Painter shader. How do have to set it up so that the tinting via RGB ID texture works properly? By default it only tints the emissive channel and changing colors for tint 1-3 does not work. I'm using the current version of Substance Painter (v1.5.7). Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to submit designs through steam even if you only play on console?

The platform that you play on will not be tied to your ability to use the Steam Workshop.  You do have to have a Steam account and work through all the steps that they require for Workshop setup.

Hello, I was just having fun messing about in the TennoGen and couldn't help notice there isn't an opacity (transparency) map layer?

I know for most things it's not possible, but for things like syandanas with a single layer of polygons it would be really handy. I only ask this since it would be totally awesome having a partially transparent cape, or well... I would really love to make a pair of fairy wings for my oberon so he can be the fairy king he was destined to be. (Sort of like the new syandana without that weird unnecessary tail in the middle)

Thank you ^-^ 

Lucky Charm

Opacity is going to be a 1.x feature.  Sorry about that.  We've got most of the structure for alpha handling in (in with the Tintmask slot already), but we don't have it implemented in the viewer yet.

When we do it will be an alpha channel in the diffuse.

another question i have is exporting from zbrush my obj files load as nothing. My model is not there. opening in maya fine. 

The .obj must have 'relative numbers' disabled.  I don't think ZB has control over that type of option (only use ZB for high poly work myself), but a normal poly modeler (Max, Maya, Blender, etc) do.

Is anyone else getting their non-example(IE; Liset,Volt,etc) tint masks to work? It only seems to want to color to the last color for me. However the example texture tint maps work just fine and dandy.

The non-example files aren't for use in the viewer.  They're the type of content you need to make textures with.  That is why there is an AO and a Cavity and no Specular and Roughness maps.

What was your method for animating the fire part of the Pyra syandana? Is it a matter of having a separate material for the cape part, then translating a tiled fire texture?

Yep separate material.  Panning a tiled texture is super safe.  Can also do small ripples etc etc.  Not sure when / if we'll be able to do the FX textures in the Tennogen app, but hopefully we can come up with some way to help preview these.

Moving my question to here. Would we be able to do custom unwraps so that more detailed areas of the custom skins can be given more texture resolution, I was thinking for things like Excaliburs shoulder decals.

No plans to change UVs on existing models.  

I can't see your maps, but I imagine that their might be a problem with the alpha channel. Not hit that stage in my own texture yet, but your alpha channel might just be covering the entire model, and therefore overwriting every other layer.

That is a pretty classic problem that new artists starting here run into :)

Just so we know, a skin made for Excalibur would work on Excalibur Prime? If so, does this apply to all primes to some extent(minus some extra body parts)?

Most primes yes.  There are a few edge cases where that won't be true.

I believe DE says lower the resolution of the maps used in the liset because tenno gen only supports 2k maps. Liset uses 4k maps. so reduce down to  2048x2048 pixels.

The app on my computer supports the 4k map, but it certainly doesn't seem to be true for everyone.  Probably should just lower the res on those if people are running into problems.  Just fun to see all the detail Lucas put into the sculpt -- the in game map will only go to 2048 btw.

So, looks like the Gorgon texturing is FUBAR...

Not only the emissive map covers only half od the Gorgon:

Was using an emissive map consisting solely of vertical white stripes to test it, here's the side that's covered in emissive map

hT5zLCK.png

And this side isn't:

ZmCZNrd.png

But the tint map mask also does some really weird stuff:

No, this red bar isn't supposed to be here.

Yes, it's the side of Gorgon that's not covered in emissive map either. The other side? Works just fine.

POdulWC.png

Waiting for either a fix, or some instructions how to bypass it/do it correctly.

Just tossed it into my computer and it seems to working fine here.  We'll get DESizzlingCalamari to follow up on Monday I guess -- might be something in the driver / vid card realm.

Thanks, if it working fine for you there is stil hope to get it to work for me.

my card is

GeForce GTX 550Ti, most recent drivers (according to GeForce Experience) - 358.50 GeForce Game Ready Driver (07.10.2015)

Sure it's not the newest card, but it's working just fine, so I have no idea why the issues.

in tab Tint_Mask, i can't change color of file Mask (ex: voltbody_mask) 

The _mask files in the "Content Zips" are not Tint Masks.  

Sorry about the confusion.  I should have called them ID maps or something.  You have to make your own Tintmasks for your skins.  

The "Example Zips" are the only ones that will work by default in the viewer (they're named something along the lines of SteamWorkshop\ContentFiles\UploaderDefaultExample\ExcaliburBodyPBRTintMask_d.png and similar).

The _mask files in the "Content Zips" are not Tint Masks.  

Sorry about the confusion.  I should have called them ID maps or something.  You have to make your own Tintmasks for your skins.  

The "Example Zips" are the only ones that will work by default in the viewer (they're named something along the lines of SteamWorkshop\ContentFiles\UploaderDefaultExample\ExcaliburBodyPBRTintMask_d.png and similar).

Can't find anything. I'm still having the same issue as the guy above.

Are the bones on Syandanas custom weighted to specific parts of the mesh or just evenly distributed over the mesh then driven by code? For example, can i create a mesh with actual physical joints/hinges, or weight parts of the mesh 100% to a single bone so they don't bend? 

edit: typos

Can you guys make the program open in fullscreen mode as well? I usually work on my laptop, and the screen space is already limited, so it'd be great to utilize the entire screen. Thanks! :)

I don't think there would be a major difference in screen real estate but it might take longer to switch between applications if its full screen. That being said it shouldn't be hard to implement full screen. Have you tried pressing alt+enter? That's the universal command for full screen on Windows. Might work.

Are the bones on Syandanas custom weighted to specific parts of the mesh or just evenly distributed over the mesh then driven by code? For example, can i create a mesh with actual physical joints/hinges, or weight parts of the mesh 100% to a single bone so they don't bend? 

edit: typos

There is custom weighting involved, but it doesn't allow for a mix of hinge joints and cloth on the same surface.  Best to think of it as rigid and cloth.  We can paint for varying weights (IE: A metal strip at the bottom can be painted to have the maximum amount of the mass attribute), but in the end it's more or less cloth on anything moving.

You can weight 100% of a mesh to a bone that doesn't move.  You pretty much have to have a part of it setup that way or it'd fall through the world.  The 'connector to the WF' elements I mention in the help are all static elements.

I'd really like to know how the viewer understand the difference between colors in the mask. i tried a lot of combination but i can't figure it out. sometimes using the same colors at different places means the viewer gives different tint channel.

EDIT : here are some exemple

this is the mask

http://i.imgur.com/BTENem0.png

and here is the result

http://i.imgur.com/xeB1Uzc.png

whelp!

Hey DE, why don't the example/source files for Warframes come with the metalness/roughness maps? It makes it impossible to match the body up with the helmets for consistency/display reasons if we want to make our own custom metalness/roughness maps to go with the textures.

Or am I missing anything? Are we only supposed to play with the tint maps?

Hey DE, why don't the example/source files for Warframes come with the metalness/roughness maps? It makes it impossible to match the body up with the helmets for consistency/display reasons if we want to make our own custom metalness/roughness maps to go with the textures.

Or am I missing anything? Are we only supposed to play with the tint maps?

you can use the diffuse map as refference too.

Amprex's tint mask doesn't seem to be working at all!

sCzUouw.png

Also I'm having a very hard time trying to reverse engineer the diffuse/albedo.

W45mR0G.png

Could we maybe get a UV map or wireframe texture guide for stuff?

Archived