Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Overcharge For Mods?

(PSN)Fingerofgod_

Because it's a free market.

CAPITALISM AT ITS FINEST!!! YEA!!! MURICA!!!!!!!!!!

okay, on a serious note. That's just the way the world works, Someone got something that a large majority of people would want and they can charge as high as people willing to pay. It doesn't matter how much does it cost for them to acquire the product, it's all about demand. It's just like no one ever question why McDonald's are okay to charge for what they charge, NONE of their product (whole meal) cost more than a dollar, but they charge for $7 or even $9. The margins are crazy. In the end of the day, everything has a price and it's all about supply and demand.  

EDITED : If you can learn it here in video game, good for you. If you learn it the hard way aka real life, it's going to be pain.

Edited by Guest

sadly its not going to change... just pray and keep looking

i met one guy on chat selling a prime set for 500. few days later a new guy comes and sells 175. luck yes dedicated search double yes

occasionally some people would sell freakishly rare or not attainable goods for severely low prices than standard. ive seen a buzzkill go for 150 plat a handful of times just because the people were generous. sucks i wasnt fast enough :( 

These types of threads are funny. I guarantee you that if any player who's posted one of these topics had rare mods of their own, they too would charge as much as they can get for them.

Answer 1: There's nothing wrong with trying to sell a rare mod or item for as much as you can get. It's what everyone should do and is perfectly natural.

Answer 2: Sellers are not to blame for the rarity of items. That's DE's doing, since they directly control the availability of everything. Yes, DE creates artificial scarcity of desirable mods and items, and yes, they partly do it to drive platinum sales. If you play Warframe, you must make peace with this.

These types of threads are funny. I guarantee you that if any player who's posted one of these topics had rare mods of their own, they too would charge as much as they can get for them.

Answer 1: There's nothing wrong with trying to sell a rare mod or item for as much as you can get. It's what everyone should do and is perfectly natural.

Answer 2: Sellers are not to blame for the rarity of items. That's DE's doing, since they directly control the availability of everything. Yes, DE creates artificial scarcity of desirable mods and items, and yes, they partly do it to drive platinum sales. If you play Warframe, you must make peace with this.

most mods and stuff that i sell is usually under 30 plat to strangers and for clanmates/friends i just give spares and such for free to nothing. maybe ask for couple of fusion cores... just yesterday gave a whole rhino set to a clanmate and sold 2 dual stat elemental mods to an alliance member for 10 plat... told him free but he felt bad

Because as long as people are gullible people will be greedy.

Greed doesnt exist in a free market.

Because its the pay to win mentality of the warframes trade system. Rich get what they want, greedy get what the want... Terrible system really.

Nope its the perfect system. Free markets are always the most fair form of any market, thats why DE doesnt want an Auction House in Warframe because and many of us here know the dangers of an AH and how the market will crash with one

Why do people think it's okay to offer 100 platinum for my, my, MY Buzzkill? Same reason you think it's not okay to offer YOUR platinum to obtain the mod.

It's a rare mod. If you don't want to cough up 1000 plat, then move along.

Baro officially sells event mods now. Pay for it now. Or spend potentially up to a year waiting for Baro to cycle through stance and event mods... 2 weeks at a time

Because people want to buy it for 1k plat.

"how much for the buzz kill ?"

"200 plat"

"nope i won't pay it that price"

"150 ?"

"neither"

"... k 100 but i won't go lower !"

"... NO ... I WANT TO BUY IT FOR 1K O_O"

ps : maybe you wanted to say "are willing to" ? :p

Maybe if DE would stop making necessary mods only obtainable from events, then we wouldn't have this problem. It's annoying that just because I missed one event, I miss out on getting mods that I would have otherwise put on a lot of my weapons.

Its not like those mods are exclusive or anything. Just wait for Baro or the Droptables to get them if you dont want to buy