Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comon De! In China Version Everything Is Cheaper In The Market :(

Vlada91

Why do people keep comparing these kind of stuff with our global build!?

Changyou Warframe is it's OWN thing. I am just tired of seeing threads complaining about stuff they get/have and we "don't"  (which is not true since their stuff is timed-exclusive). Just focus on the global build, please.

Also, you are aware the Chinese use a different currency, right? >.>

Edited by Susanooh

its called an exchange rate.

for the US dollar, its 75 plat for every 5USD.

this means that every plat is worth about 6 and 2/3rds (0.067) cents. you cant really say "OH LOOK, CHINA IS CHEAPER!" until you know how much money gets you how much plat.. for all we know, they're getting charged the equivalent of 6 USD per 20 plat.

until we know about how much Yuans it is for plat, we cannot make a comparison.

The logic you seem to follow indicates that you have limited knowledge of how economics work. Others have offered their answers which are correct, but then there's also this: 

Chinese Warframe actually has it pretty bad; according to someone I know in Hong Kong you have to pay the regular 75p cost for a colour palette, then every time to change colours on something it has a 2p cost, then an overall 10p finalization cost.

He also told me that you need 10 parts of each warframe part (i.e. you need 10 helmet pieces along w/ resources.) to make a warframe (totals out to 30 prayers to RNGesus), just imagine farming Equinox.

He then continued to tell me that the weapons you build only last for 5 days, then you need to pay around 200p to keep using it!

So.... sure they get tons of awesome stuff, but in the long run it truly sucks, which is exactly why he got a VPN to be able to even get the client for the rest of the world because you can't get it any other way. You just get screwed into paying if you ever decide to like warframe.

How come they have access to Targis and Misa Prime?

I gather things like braton vandal, and assuming targis et al, is part of the beta and gets wiped. Unless they already are past the beta phase.. in which case time to get the pitchforks.

The logic you seem to follow indicates that you have limited knowledge of how economics work. Others have offered their answers which are correct, but then there's also this:

If it's true that a built weapon only lasts five days and to continue using it you have to pay 200p then that is insane. It would strongly suggest to me that where our version is flourishing theirs will not, in the long term.

Hey OP, if you want everything so much cheaper youo need to pack your things and move to China  and play their version of the game.  Otherwise man up and either play the game or move along.  There is so much more going on than you can ever understand when it comes to the pricing on the China version of warframe.

WF china has a different publisher I believe and it is the publisher who sets up the prices.

It is the same with Tera, Tera US has Enmasse as a publisher and their cash shop and events were always way better than Tera EU with Frogster/Gameforge as a publisher.

Then you also have to consider, as already mentioned, the prices for plat packages and how the monetization is done in general. If those are for example renting prices then they are not quite as cheap as they seem to be.

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I think Warframe China got the short end of the stick, not the other way around. But first, let's clear up some inaccuracies.

In the video, when going over plat prices (from 5:22), you assumed that the currency to convert from is yen. Anyone who knows anything about Asia could probably tell you that yen is the Japanese currency. It was mostly likely the Chinese yuan. Notice the difference between the yen and yuan with this handy image.

446px-Yen_Yuan.svg.png

^JAPANESE YEN^                                    ^CHINESE YUAN^

Now note the difference in exchange rates between 988 Japanese yen to USD, and 988 Chinese yuan to USD.

8A3XFNe.png

Consider that 157 USD gets you about 300 plat. It's not great to give a straight comparison of plat to dollar, but I get a strong feeling that we get much more VALUE per dollar in the global build.

The second thing to consider is the overall quality of the stuff Warframe China is pumping out. From the stuff we've gotten so far in the global build (Ninkondi and Spira), the models and textures are sub-par and the stats/handling of the weapons are a resounding "meh". Their artistic style does not sit well with the rest of the game (perhaps being catered towards what a Chinese audience consider "cool"). Say what you will about Warframe china getting stuff that we don't. I would actually be okay with us not getting the same stuff as Warframe China at all, because of the quite obvious lack of quality. I'm just going to say it, Changyou don't put out the same kind of high quality content that DE does; Changyou puts out decidedly average quality content.

DE has a great relationship with it's customers, the players of Warframe. I strongly believe they care about providing us with an enjoyable experience, and the money will come from the satisfied customers naturally. It's part of a positive, respectful, compassionate culture. I honestly don't know if I can say the same about Changyou. Rumours may be rumours, and we only have so much evidence to go on about how they're handling Warframe China. But I can say with some degree of certainty (as a part-Chinese person) that Chinese people and companies do not have the same culture that we do. It's more dog-eat-dog, and (some) people will take any opportunity to improve their position. That might mean players cheating, it might mean business practices that seem unethical from a Western standpoint so companies can get more money. All I know is I'm glad that we have DE, and I don't envy the players of Warframe China.

Edited by mindlord0013