Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas

KotoKuraken

Yes, it does. I've been putting Stretch on him when re-ranking post Forma because Landslide is the best ability ever. There's a small AoE designed to knock enemies down from point of impact on the first target, and allow you to chain into them.

However, most of the time, it just kills everything. Wouldn't put Overextended on unless you only have it at rank 2 or 3. Any more than that is just too much of a damage loss to be worth it.

Yeah. Atlas seems kinda OP now. His rumblers wreck face and tank the world, and his punches are falcon tier. His rumblers are probably in a good spot since they are melee based and you only have two- so they can probably get taken down quickly late enough level. His punches though... that's waaaaay too powerful for a 1 ability. DE has a habit of doing that. I don't really see the need for his 1 to take melee mods into account. The CC it provides is already amazing, all these abilities that are taking damage multipliers etc from melee mods are incredibly overpowered. First exalted blade, now hysteria is even more OP than before- now Atlas' FIRST ability. I'm concerned about this power creep...

Yeah. Atlas seems kinda OP now. His rumblers wreck face and tank the world, and his punches are falcon tier. His rumblers are probably in a good spot since they are melee based and you only have two- so they can probably get taken down quickly late enough level. His punches though... that's waaaaay too powerful for a 1 ability. DE has a habit of doing that. I don't really see the need for his 1 to take melee mods into account. The CC it provides is already amazing, all these abilities that are taking damage multipliers etc from melee mods are incredibly overpowered. First exalted blade, now hysteria is even more OP than before- now Atlas' FIRST ability. I'm concerned about this power creep...

What's to be concerned about? Pfff!

I'm concerned about all the complaining about OP in the PVE realm. What does it matter? I mean really?

Edited by RawGritz

What's to be concerned about? Pfff!

I'm concerned about all the complaining about OP in the PVE realm. What does it matter? I mean really?

1 word. Powercreep.

Stuff isn't fun in two situations: 1. The game is played for you (as in the case of the old peacemaker, about time that got changed). 2. When everything is too easy (in the case of abilities like Hysteria or Exalted blade). Atlas as I see it is on the line but isn't really in a bad position or anything. At least you actually have to pay attention or you're gonna be stomped on by high level enemies. Plus his abiities as a whole are interactive. (I'd like to see his darude sandstor- I mean his petrify get some sorta buff though. Maybe his augments will be amazing. I can see potential in them).

1 word. Powercreep.

Stuff isn't fun in two situations: 1. The game is played for you (as in the case of the old peacemaker, about time that got changed). 2. When everything is too easy (in the case of abilities like Hysteria or Exalted blade). Atlas as I see it is on the line but isn't really in a bad position or anything. At least you actually have to pay attention or you're gonna be stomped on by high level enemies. Plus his abiities as a whole are interactive. (I'd like to see his darude sandstor- I mean his petrify get some sorta buff though. Maybe his augments will be amazing. I can see potential in them).

Understood. There are some great augment suggestion in the design council right now. Some really great ones for Petrify.

Understood. There are some great augment suggestion in the design council right now. Some really great ones for Petrify.

I saw an idea for his tectonics (someone was complaining it needed buffs) where it summons multiple walls that circle around the area they were summoned in, a moving shields as it were. I could see that or just 3 (like a 3 monitor setup shape) instead of one both working as augments. Perhaps range could affect the width of the bulwark though. That's the one real issue I see with the skill. I can't wait to see those augments come out though. Looking forward to equinox' as well. :)

I saw an idea for his tectonics (someone was complaining it needed buffs) where it summons multiple walls that circle around the area they were summoned in, a moving shields as it were. I could see that or just 3 (like a 3 monitor setup shape) instead of one both working as augments. Perhaps range could affect the width of the bulwark though. That's the one real issue I see with the skill. I can't wait to see those augments come out though. Looking forward to equinox' as well. :)

I'm hoping for a Petrify grenade item that does an aoe of petrify. Then I can toss it from behind the the Tectonic shield.

I like where Atlas is right now compared to the pre-buff.

Using him instead of the current meta frames are pretty fun and shows great potential unlike a couple of frames that I know about - namely water & fairy.

Edited by Oranji

I like where Atlas is right now compared to the pre-buff.

Using him instead of the current meta frames are pretty fun and shows great potential unlike a couple of frames that I know about - namely water & fairy.

Until Atlas becomes meta because DE buffed him to hell or have him a ridiculous G-mag-esque augment that makes farming more 'efficient'.

You guys won't be satisfied until guns out damage all abilities...

Well, tried defense alert in Phobos spamming landslide and petrify. It was too hard, failed. Other 3 Tenno including Vauban were useless. Enemy damage despite being invulnerable to bullets during landslide was still too much too bare. Some "Op" ability.

Still new to Atlas anyway...

Edited by Sorise

You guys won't be satisfied until guns out damage all abilities...

Pure "only do damage" abilities are boring. They are also bad- this is WHY damage abilities suck, don't scale, and are just un-appreciated in general. They don't do anything a gun can't- and more effectively. They just look cooler. Abilities should be ABILITIES, not just damage. In Atlas' case his punches have insanely huge AoE and CC. Better than any gun. Abilities shouldn't NEED to outdamage guns. They're not meant to be used on every enemy like guns are, they're meant to compliment shooting, not replace it.