Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me, Im Addicted With The Orthos Prime Drug. Is There Any Other Weapon To Stop Me From Getting Addicted Of It?

-CM-Excalibur-

No there's no cure. There was a short period of time when Orthos Prime was released when it had identical stats to regular Orthos so I used that instead. Then they buffed it and it's been the best of the type since then even after charge attacks were removed.

I got excited when Tonbo was released, I'd use it instead of Orthos Prime but unfortunately it doesn't have the same range, which makes it subpar.

I'm still waiting for a replacement for Orthos Prime. Maybe Tonbo Prime or Dragon Tonbo with otherwise regular Tonbo stats but 100 base damage, more status chance and same range as Orthos Prime.

High reach but only good- ok damage.

Try a galatine with a high damage build(pressure, spoiled, all 4 90 elements) with primed reach and fury.

Almost double the damage per swing, good range, a little slow but able to do much better close in area control.

Or try the berserker-fury tipedo and watch as you can move via melee faster than walking.

Edited by Deadoon

No there's no cure. There was a short period of time when Orthos Prime was released when it had identical stats to regular Orthos so I used that instead. Then they buffed it and it's been the best of the type since then even after charge attacks were removed.

I got excited when Tonbo was released, I'd use it instead of Orthos Prime but unfortunately it doesn't have the same range, which makes it subpar.

I'm still waiting for a replacement for Orthos Prime. Maybe Tonbo Prime or Dragon Tonbo with otherwise regular Tonbo stats but 100 base damage, more status chance and same range as Orthos Prime.

I hope they release a dragon tonbo aswell that would be really nice

High reach but only good damage.

Try a galatine with a high damage build(pressure, spoiled, all 4 90 elements) with primed reach and fury.

Almost double the damage per swing, good range, a little slow but able to do much better close in area control.

Or try the berserker-fury tipedo.

I have tried both of them and my galatine has tempo royale on it and still i dont have as much fun as orthos p

I can totally relate to you OP. I just cant stop using my Orthos Prime. I tried every single melee out there but nothing can compare to Orthos Prime and it's ridiculous range with a maxed Primed Reach.

I'm even ranking warframes on Draco with just Orthos Prime, even really squishy frames like Equinox.

yh7alde.jpg

I can totally relate to you OP. I just cant stop using my Orthos Prime. I tried every single melee out there but nothing can compare to Orthos Prime and it's ridiculous range with a maxed Primed Reach.

I'm even ranking warframes on Draco with just Orthos Prime, even really squishy frames like Equinox.

yh7alde.jpg

Atlast a fellow tenno whos addicted to it ahaha :)

ORTHOS PRIME MASTER RACE!!

There is no cure for the Orthos Prime Disease, however. When I started Warframe, I had (and still maintain) a more stealth-orientated build. So I started with an Ash, Paris, Despair (I got lucky enough to get that fairly early in my Warframe experience), and I believe the Duel Ether Daggers, as the description stated that it was a way to kill cleanly in a more humane way to kill infested. I'm pretty sure it used to ignore Armor in Melee 1.0, but it didn't feel right for whatever reason. So I think after that, I obtained an Orthos and from there, the Orthos has ALWAYS been my favourite weapon. And I think I'm coming up to two years of Warframe now. So now my main build for Stealth looks like this. Ash Prime, Paris Prime, Aklex (with Suppress) [PLEASE PRIME DE], Orthos Prime. And having said all this, I've only considered putting Reach on my Orthos Prime once. It wasn't worth it. I found that the Orthos already has a comfortable range on it already. I was simply losing damage for extra, unneeded racge (in my opinion).

HOWEVER, to give a suggestion to a refreshing Melee, I found MoGaMu's build for the Scindo Prime works for me (with Stance and Elemental differences), or you can try a Dragon Nikana. Otherwise, I can't recommend any worthy replacements of the Orthos Prime.